View Full Version : New Prison in Kentucky - Little Sandy

Lisa&Kedren
08-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know anything about the new prison called Little Sandy Correctional Complex in Sandy Hook Kentucky? My husband had just been sent there. He was previously located at Luther Luckette Correctional Complex in LaGrange. I live in Louisville. Please help me with information regarding this facility. Thanks

I Love My Mom
08-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Lisa I have a sister in Little Sandy Hook. I have been there a few times recently. Do not use Map Quest!! OMG it was awful! I also live in Louisville. The best way that I have found is go 64 toward Lex. stay on it until you get to Morehead University Exit and follow the signs to Sandy Hook. They are very strict on you going in. Make shure all shorts and tops are according to code...they sent me home 2 times all the way from Louisville because of my shirt and 1 child was not clear on file which was their mistake not mine. If you need to know n-e thing elese feel free to ask.
Good luck!!!!!! :^)

WaitN4Him
09-07-2005, 10:37 AM
my man said that a lot of people are being sent there from Green River Corr. Comp. I went to the DOC website and it re-directs you to the Little Sandy website.

babygirl350
09-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Lisa I have a sister in Little Sandy Hook. I have been there a few times recently. Do not use Map Quest!! OMG it was awful! I also live in Louisville. The best way that I have found is go 64 toward Lex. stay on it until you get to Morehead University Exit and follow the signs to Sandy Hook. They are very strict on you going in. Make shure all shorts and tops are according to code...they sent me home 2 times all the way from Louisville because of my shirt and 1 child was not clear on file which was their mistake not mine. If you need to know n-e thing elese feel free to ask.
Good luck!!!!!! :^)

How far would you say then it is from Lexington? Sandy Hook - Would it be considered the middle of the state, or the eastern part of the state?

RedsMom
11-06-2005, 04:49 PM
my son was in green river also and they transferred him to little sandy

babygirl350
11-07-2005, 01:08 PM
They are transferring alot of people to Little Sandy for some reason. One good thing is for people who want to transfer now instead of having a year clear conduct to initiate a transfer, I have been told if they want to put in for Little Sandy, they only need six months clear to initiate a transfer. There certainly must be a reason why they are wanting to fill it up now, but what the reason is I haven't a clue. Perhaps someone else will come along who knows.