View Full Version : Question about three way calling

YOUNGnGIFTED
08-24-2005, 03:31 PM
I was wondering if any of you know the rules about an inmate being able to call on a 3-way????

I only have a cell phone - no landline phone at this time.

AND - I was told that I can send him CD's through a website called "Music by Mail" but when I try to log on to the website I don't get anything - anyone know anything about this website - he's in OSP by the way

LJ

Retired-25
08-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Three-way calls aren't allowed, and they can lose their phone privileges if they get caught. :( If we're on the phone and my kids turn up the stereo or tv too loud, a message will come on saying "A third party call was detected on this line. This phone call is now being recorded." He said it can detect any ringing or music, and it's programmed to record it once that's been detected. BLAH! It stinks. I know people who get away with it, but I wouldn't chance it. :rolleyes:

YOUNGnGIFTED
08-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Fate...Thank you so much for the reply. I have one more question:) Are you familiar with a website called Music by Mail that allows you to order music for Ohio inmates?

Thanks
Lisa

Retired-25
08-24-2005, 03:53 PM
No, I've personally never heard of it. :hmm: When I send cd's, I just buy them and send them through the post office. I'll check it out though. :)

rottn
08-24-2005, 04:09 PM
I have to use amazon.com to send Kev cd's. Maybe it's different for the main institution.

Retired-25
08-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Maybe Lisa. :shrug: As long as they're factory wrapped, they can receive them, at least at the camp. Unless, of course, they changed it since I last sent one in the Spring. I use amazon for books though, and they're great.

Raebear
08-24-2005, 07:16 PM
i usually use WalMart's web site...I'm a cheapskate

dboylove
08-24-2005, 07:35 PM
It is so funny how things work in Ohio, you wouldn't know the instituitions are governed by one DOC if someone didn't tell us!! My guy has been in several places.... some would let 3way slide without detection, no problem. Others would have ultrasensitivity to it like if i drop my phone or like the other post said went into a room with loud music. It is so hard to tell how one thing will be from one place to another!!

Nan