View Full Version : New York? What do you do when you miss your loved one badly?

nasty_boo
08-22-2005, 07:16 PM
i dont know how you ladies feel about sharing your lil secrets but when i miss my loved one badly i like to go places we have been together and sit there, take some pix, think of what we did there and how much fun we had! i basically travel back in time in my mind and relive the GOOD TIMES we had and TAKE PIX so i can send it to him and we can exchange our thoughts and feeling about that specific day! :D i would like to share some of the pix i took today ... i believe those pix will not mean as much to you but i still find them pretty good and interesting! :thumbsup:

enjoy my lil exhibit and feel free to share you ways of being close to your loved one!!!

the run down of my photographs:
1. sun goes down @ Harlem Meer in Central Park
2. my shadow between trees
3. ducks enjoying sunset too :)
4. building seen in the back is a correctional facility :(
5. the tree with eyes
6. our spot we use to always sit and daydream together!!!

Wife C
08-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Beautiful pictures. I usually go back and read some of my old letters from him and wear a teeshirt of his that he sent me for those lonely nights apart.:)

nasty_boo
08-22-2005, 07:54 PM
of course i do read the letters over and over again but since i am a creative soul i need more :D i need to feel it and since i get to work on the pix it gives me a sense of being there again with him ;) oh i cant wait for him to be back :( hurry already June 2006!!!

babygirl350
08-22-2005, 07:59 PM
I usually get the pen and paper out and write him a nice long letter and let him know how badly I am missing him.

If there is something in particular that has caused the extreme lonliness, I will share that with him also.

I find great solace in writing. I also enjoy listening to music and as we both enjoy the same type of music, I can almost picture him singing some of the songs to me. He usually will sing a song in a real low voice on our visit and I will come away from the visit and replay it over and over again.

I also will lay in bed at night and talk to him as if he is there in bed with me and I will share all of my thoughts for our future together.

Different strokes for different folks whatever gets you through it one day at a time.

Remember Hope is a good thing, it springs life eternal.

coolchik4sure
08-22-2005, 08:18 PM
I write, write, write!

I constantly think about places and situations that remind me of him. I think a lot about when he was in a TN county jail b/c I got to know that staff really well and they let us have longer, more frequent visits. Most county jails only allow one visit/week for one hour.

He just wrote me a letter today, talking about our time at that jail . I would fly every other weekend to visit him and it was like he was on a business trip, not in jail! :haha: I miss that time so much, I will fly to TN now...just to stay in the same hotel, visit the same places, ect, anything to remind me of him!

Manzanita
08-22-2005, 08:45 PM
yeah, nice ;) I have been writing a lot lately...even on the bus and the train...
my husband likes when I take pictures of where I live...where we will be living next year...:)

nasty_boo
08-22-2005, 09:03 PM
2006 will be here before we turn around :D and then we will be together forever with our loved ones mrs g :thumbsup:

brownskinhill
08-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Hey Anita,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!
Where the heck have you been? It's Denise from Prison Families Community Forum, thought we'd lost you for awhile, haven't heard from you.
HOpe all is well and good to see you around.
Give us a shout Marion and Kym are always asking where our peeps are :)

nasty_boo
08-22-2005, 10:08 PM
OMG this is too funny i just emailed marion today and said i will try to come out to the next meeting ... i have been busy working but what else is new ... well i guess the only new thing you dont know yet is that my best friend is now my man :thumbsup: but i will share more once we get together ... didnt even know you are on here :D good to see you around and how is everything with you my dear???

tuttles
08-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Cry. Write to him and tell how much I love him. Go through some of his things, trying to get a hint of his essence, smell, etc... I have a blanket in bed that was his that has been there every night since he was sentenced, I take it with me if I'm going overnight somewhere too. His mother thinks I'm nuts, but it is my link to him. It was his grandma's blanket and therefore very sentimental to him and now it brings him close to me when I sleep and when I am really missing him.

rywill
08-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Pull out my v*br@t^r :D ! Oh did I say that:eek: ????

Hope4US
08-23-2005, 08:09 PM
All I have is his letters, with his cologne on them. There's also his "artwork" which is all over our neighborhood...LOL

LADYCEE
08-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Funny this post should appear 2nite cause I just pulled out all the letters I could get my hands on mind you my hubby is not a writer. But other then that I usually take a trip to see him. That's when I do my surprise visits:D Oh sneaky me.....

Manzanita
08-23-2005, 08:43 PM
awww man, you are all gonna make me cry, STOP!!!!

nasty_boo
08-23-2005, 08:49 PM
dont cry mrs g but if you need a shoulder to lean on i am here for ya ;)

ladycee i must say after my boo boo was waiting for 19 months :o to get a surprise visit from me ... well i must say those are the best!!! i have never seen him SO HAPPY and to be honest i have never been SO NERVOUS to see him :D that was when we were friends and now we are ONE forever and he wont get away this time :thumbsup:

PowandVonne
08-24-2005, 02:13 PM
:eek: U are sooo bad! I see your good girl image is now tainted. You halo is tarnished..lolol ;)

Pull out my v*br@t^r :D ! Oh did I say that:eek: ????

rywill
08-24-2005, 02:57 PM
:eek: U are sooo bad! I see your good girl image is now tainted. You halo is tarnished..lolol ;)

Awwww, I didn't deserve a halo anyway... :rolleyes: Just KEEPIN' IT REAL!:D

BTru2Me
08-24-2005, 04:38 PM
When I really miss him,which is almost all the time,I re-read his letters,look at his picture,And I also have a bar of the soap he uses(Egyptian Musk,smells sooo good!!)that I breathe in the scent of.It makes me feel his "presence" by doing this!In fact,lately every once in a while I swear I can smell his scent around me!
Take Care,B

nasty_boo
08-24-2005, 08:24 PM
well i came up with another way of being close to my baby and started a lil visits diary where i relive the visits we had so far and add the pix of each visit. i will write in it every time after a visit and save it by the time he comes home i will have a nice book that i can give him on the day he get's released or even send to him to read on his way back home :thumbsup: i think i am loosing my mind here today and for some reason it feels like i miss him more and more each day ... is it cuz we finally made the move to the next level or the simple fact that i went ot see him :confused: time plz fly and let it be june2006 pretty plz :o

4MyBabyBoy
08-26-2005, 07:32 PM
I listen to music or write....or just sit and think. When I'm alone w/o my son, I like to drive in the dark with the roof open and music on and think of him...