View Full Version : Facility nearly killed him Friday

Wife C
08-21-2005, 09:06 PM
I am so heated right now.:angry:My husband had a wisdom tooth pulled on Thursday. The doctor gave him a medication that had something in it that he is allergic to. Now mind you, the doctor had my husband's medical file right in front of him and this information is listed in there.:confused: I guess he didn't figure my husband was worth him taking a few minutes to look over the chart before giving him this medication. My husband woke up about 2 Sat morning because he couldn't breath. He had swelled up so badly that his throat was closing. They had to rush him to Westchester Medical Hospital. Thank God he will be alright. But do you know that the facility didn't even bother to contact me about all of this? I found out when my husband called me late last night before going back to the facility. What is really wrong with these people they have working in these facilities? Well, they have messed with the wrong one. When I finish contacting and complaining to everyone that I can think of, they will be changing the name of that facility to my name....

dana2nice2000
08-21-2005, 09:10 PM
I am sorry of what happened. I'm glad to hear that he is doing well. I guess the facility thought it would be too hard to take a few minutes out of their schedule to call and inform you. I hate the system sometimes. You do what you have to, to get justice for what happened. Good luck and may God bless you both.:)

joeswife
08-21-2005, 09:11 PM
I am so gald that he is going to be ok!!! That is crazy!!!

melbo
08-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Susan~ sorry to hear this happened to your husband...I understand your frustration....I would be beyond mad as well. I'm glad to hear that your husband is ok though.

Take Care
Mel

Jillian
08-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Susan you have all reason to be upset.. how dare they not contact you when something like this happend that is ridiculous.. i am so happy that he is ok.

nasty_boo
08-21-2005, 09:32 PM
O M G i would be just as :angry: :mad: :blah: with the facility i am so sorry wife c that you had to deal with that crap!!! if you need anything let me know ok

LADYCEE
08-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Wife C, sorry to hear of the mishap, gd he's ok. Gurl u no these ppl move as if these guy are sentenced and the family just runs away and leave them, so noone will question anything but gurl I with you on this one make them calls. Amy help let me no... And on a brighter note Wife C facility:hmm: sounds a whole lot better the GH :D... Go gurl....

4MyBabyBoy
08-22-2005, 03:44 AM
Susan, I'm so sorry, oh boy I'd be in a rage....tell me there's some action you can take???
I am very glad he's okay.
Let us know what happens with those idiots....

redphoenixx
08-22-2005, 03:58 AM
That is so sad that they didn't look or even bother to ASK!

Go kick some @$$ girlfriend! They need to show more respect to the inmates than that!

chinikfb
08-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Peace....I, too, am sorry to read this and I Thank God your husband is alright. Glad you are taking care of your business! Blessings...

Ronnie
08-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Sorry to hear about that. Gurl, scream as loud as you can to everyone...this is the only way that things seem to change in this system!

PB67
08-22-2005, 07:37 AM
I am so sorry to hear what happened, but also glad to hear that he will be OK. Give them a good fight. That is one of the biggest problems-- SHABBY medical care.

rywill
08-22-2005, 07:39 AM
I am glad that he is okay. That is very serious. I am with you, I would complain until the town holding facility would have my name. Make sure you write too, to make it a permanent record.

Jaynell
08-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Wife C , I am sorry to hear about that. But i am happy to here that your Hubby will be ok.

These people are very insenstive at times and it shows, what kills me if you dont like your job find a new one.

I would definetly complain and i would send a letter directly to the doctor, so he knows exactly who he has affeted by his, complete neglence to your husbands file.

rlewis729
08-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Girl, all I say is, can you afford an attorney?

I smell a lawsuit - he could have suffocated!!! Glad he's okay!

Wife C
08-22-2005, 09:06 AM
I know. My husband just got on the ILC committe so they have already met with the new supt. He said he seems real cool and already straightened out the mail and package problem. He working on the FRP's now. So hopefully he will do some good there.quote=LADYCEE]... And on a brighter note Wife C facility:hmm: sounds a whole lot better the GH :D... Go gurl....[/quote]

Wife C
08-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks dana2nice2000, joeswife, Melbo, e_wife03, redphoneixx, rlewis729 and all my NY Ladies. I appreciate it greatly.;)

Wife C
08-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Gurl, that's exactly what I plan on doing..Sorry to hear about that. Gurl, scream as loud as you can to everyone...this is the only way that things seem to change in this system!

Wife C
08-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I'm writing today. I'm also making some calls and taking names of everyone I speak to. It is serious. What if he didn't wake up? They would have found him dead in the morning and then would be trying to tell me their sorry. Well they are going to feel the meaning of the word sorry. My husband is a fighter and very smart. He has already gotten started there on his end. They think that they can treat inmates any way they want and that they don't have people outside to support them or that the family doesn't have sense enough to fight issues. Well we are going to show them that they were truly wrong to assume that about us.I am glad that he is okay. That is very serious. I am with you, I would complain until the town holding facility would have my name. Make sure you write too, to make it a permanent record.

Ray smoot
08-22-2005, 10:02 AM
continue to fight for your love ones right because if you don't he will be mistreated and overlooked. My uncle was killed by the correctional officers in Baltimore city central booking facility on May 14, 2005, and my family is just getting some indictments but it was a long stuggle and we and we continues to rally and hold the state accountable. If you go to google search and put in Raymond Keith Smoot you will find all the articles and information in reference to this case. My advise to you is to stay strong and continue to fight for your love ones rights.:thumbsup:

Wife C
08-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Thank you I will and I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My condolenses, thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Stay strong as well and keep fighting.
Susancontinue to fight for your love ones right because if you don't he will be mistreated and overlooked. My uncle was killed by the correctional officers in Baltimore city central booking facility on May 14, 2005, and my family is just getting some indictments but it was a long stuggle and we and we continues to rally and hold the state accountable. If you go to google search and put in Raymond Keith Smoot you will find all the articles and information in reference to this case. My advise to you is to stay strong and continue to fight for your love ones rights.:thumbsup:

Momma Ann
08-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Dental Association to against the doctor--you can bet that will cause the dr. much grief.

nasty_boo
08-22-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm writing today. I'm also making some calls and taking names of everyone I speak to. It is serious. What if he didn't wake up? They would have found him dead in the morning and then would be trying to tell me their sorry. Well they are going to feel the meaning of the word sorry. My husband is a fighter and very smart. He has already gotten started there on his end. They think that they can treat inmates any way they want and that they don't have people outside to support them or that the family doesn't have sense enough to fight issues. Well we are going to show them that they were truly wrong to assume that about us.

i know that my situation is NOT as serious but my babe's counselor did few "mistakes" as they call it as well and you best believe i am doing just the same thing as you .... calling ppl, writing names down, emailing and writing letters to officials cuz i dont think they can get away with everything! as soon as they see that there is somebody on the outside fighting for the inmate they change their tone of voice REAL QUICK i have noticed!!! so keep us informed and if you need any help or assistance just let us know cuz PTO family has to stick together in good and bad times aint i right ladies??? :D

PowandVonne
08-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Susan...I am sooo sorry to hear that. I am glad Eddie is okay. Make sure you raise hell, and get this fixed..I am sure you will be saving other inmates from getting hurt down the line. If you need any help, let me know!

Manzanita
08-22-2005, 05:58 PM
oh my !!!!!!!

first, I am glad he is ok.... :) it could have been worse and thank God it wasn't!
but I sure hope you do complain to EVERYONE...

marriola482
08-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Wife C, sorry to hear this awful excuse of "medical treatment" was used on your husband. I truly wish you the best in getting down to the bottom of this.

Wife C
08-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks, I hadn't even thought about making a complaint to them about this.
Dental Association to against the doctor--you can bet that will cause the dr. much grief.

Wife C
08-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Thank you... I started raising hell today already and I'm sure he has started on his end also. Hopefully when we finish they won't do this to any other inmates.Susan...I am sooo sorry to hear that. I am glad Eddie is okay. Make sure you raise hell, and get this fixed..I am sure you will be saving other inmates from getting hurt down the line. If you need any help, let me know!

Wife C
08-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks Marriola482 and Mrs.G.

Wife C
08-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Thank you. I'll keep you informed.:)i know that my situation is NOT as serious but my babe's counselor did few "mistakes" as they call it as well and you best believe i am doing just the same thing as you .... calling ppl, writing names down, emailing and writing letters to officials cuz i dont think they can get away with everything! as soon as they see that there is somebody on the outside fighting for the inmate they change their tone of voice REAL QUICK i have noticed!!! so keep us informed and if you need any help or assistance just let us know cuz PTO family has to stick together in good and bad times aint i right ladies??? :D

angel12569
08-24-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm glad he is ok, is he by any chance being held in westchester county jail. My husband was held there too, and we have a lawsuit going against them too, if you need a good lawyer let me know, Maria

Wife C
08-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Hi Maria,
No, he's in a state prison. He was just taken to Westchester Medical when all this happened because it's kinda close to where he is and it was serious at the time. A friend of mine told me about a place in Albany that investigates things like this and then will handle the legal part of it if you choose. I can't think of the name right now but I have it in my email. I can give it to you if you'd like. Just let me know. Good luck with your case.:) I'm glad he is ok, is he by any chance being held in westchester county jail. My husband was held there too, and we have a lawsuit going against them too, if you need a good lawyer let me know, Maria

Mrs.Briggs05
08-24-2005, 09:34 PM
I am so sorry to here that . I am so glad that he is going to be alright . That is so crazy how they dont care .

seansgram
08-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Wife C, I hate that you and your husband had to go through this ordeal, but thankfully he is going to be fine. You go and do anything you have to so they are held responsible for this crap. Good luck, hon

Wife C
08-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks for your concern. He was telling me today how they are being so nice to him now...It's too late for all of that. This is who they should have been. Honestly it's not about being nice. It's about doing your job. Whats's hard about checking a person's file before prescribing medication or asking if they are allergic to anything that they know of. I don't get it. But I swear to you that they will..I am so sorry to here that . I am so glad that he is going to be alright . That is so crazy how they dont care .

Wife C
08-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Thank you... By the way I love your siggy.Wife C, I hate that you and your husband had to go through this ordeal, but thankfully he is going to be fine. You go and do anything you have to so they are held responsible for this crap. Good luck, hon