View Full Version : My Husbands Counselor

MRSMILLER
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Please help me!!! My son is in the hospital very sick. My husband is on keep lock so he cant call. I called Great Meadow to speak to his counselor to have her let him know whats going on. she had the nerve to question me down!!! she asked my sons name, what hospital he was in, what is he there for, and whats the telphone #. I gave her all this info. now get this... she calls the hosp and speaks to the nurses station, as u all know hopistals cant release any info. so the nurse told her my son was there and that is all she could say. Tell me why his couselor sd she wants to speak to the swicth board bec she thinks something funny is going on. the nurse sd "maam this is a hospital" not a verification offc. Shen then told her to contact tjhe patients mom which is me. WHy did his counselor say to her. NEVER MIND.. IT DONT MAKE NO SENSE TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE.. I THINK THIS LADY JUST WANTS A FREE CALL FROM HER HUSBAND.. and then hung up.. I know she is just doing her job but damn. why would i lie about my son being that in the hopital. i didnt want to speak to him i just wanted her to make him aware of what was going on. Please give me some advice on wht i should do. I am so ready to call her back and let her have it!!!!! excuse me if i have a lot of spelling errors i am a little upset right now...

nasty_boo
08-19-2005, 01:46 PM
i think this is just not right and to be honest my action would be to speak to the superintendent and let him/her hear it about the crap she gave you ... who is she to question the hospital and it's not like you wanted a call from him ... just a simple let him know what is happening with his son!!! so if i would be you i would get back on the phone with the superintendent and expalin your situation in a nice and calm way and ask if there is anything they could do to let your husband know what is happening!!! after my loved ones counselor lied to me (which i can prove now) i dont trust any of them and in case of questionable situations i ask to speak to the superintendent .... i hope this was some kind of help and i wish and hope that you son feels better VERY SOON!!! :thumbsup:

MRSMILLER
08-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks nasty boo.
I am on hold right now for a superintendent. Which i probably wont ever get a hold of.

PowandVonne
08-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I was going to say the superintendent too....but I see you are already calling..let us know what he/she says...

MRSMILLER
08-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Guess what ya'll??????

The superintendent is gone for the day. Isnt that ironic!!!!

PowandVonne
08-19-2005, 01:55 PM
UGH!! Is there a "head" counselor you could speak to??

rywill
08-19-2005, 01:59 PM
There should be a deputy superintendent availbable, as well as the head of the guidance department. I would ask for a chaplain if available, but not necessarily.

Ronnie
08-19-2005, 02:02 PM
I have been doing this for many years so here is my bit of advice. When you have an emergency and need to reach out to your husband, never go through the counselor because you get too much resistance. Call the chaplain's office, explain that you have a family medical emergency and go through them. In most cases they will put you on hold and go get the inmate and put him right on the phone. This has always worked for me.

Please help me!!! My son is in the hospital very sick. My husband is on keep lock so he cant call. I called Great Meadow to speak to his counselor to have her let him know whats going on. she had the nerve to question me down!!! she asked my sons name, what hospital he was in, what is he there for, and whats the telphone #. I gave her all this info. now get this... she calls the hosp and speaks to the nurses station, as u all know hopistals cant release any info. so the nurse told her my son was there and that is all she could say. Tell me why his couselor sd she wants to speak to the swicth board bec she thinks something funny is going on. the nurse sd "maam this is a hospital" not a verification offc. Shen then told her to contact tjhe patients mom which is me. WHy did his counselor say to her. NEVER MIND.. IT DONT MAKE NO SENSE TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE.. I THINK THIS LADY JUST WANTS A FREE CALL FROM HER HUSBAND.. and then hung up.. I know she is just doing her job but damn. why would i lie about my son being that in the hopital. i didnt want to speak to him i just wanted her to make him aware of what was going on. Please give me some advice on wht i should do. I am so ready to call her back and let her have it!!!!! excuse me if i have a lot of spelling errors i am a little upset right now...

MRSMILLER
08-19-2005, 02:05 PM
I called back and i spoke with her supv. He said he will talk with her on monday. he couldnt believe what i told him... He sd he will take care of this on monday. In which i dont believe.

PowandVonne
08-19-2005, 02:07 PM
I called back and i spoke with her supv. He said he will talk with her on monday. he couldnt believe what i told him... He sd he will take care of this on monday. In which i dont believe.

Is he going to pass the message onto your husband????????

MRSMILLER
08-19-2005, 02:14 PM
He Sd He Will Have The Chaplain Give Him The Msg If Not Today Then On Monday.

PowandVonne
08-19-2005, 02:18 PM
MONDAY?!?! Ugh...NYS DOCS makes me so effin sick!!

MRSMILLER
08-19-2005, 02:25 PM
I second that!!!

Wife C
08-19-2005, 02:27 PM
The whole system is crazy. They have no regard to what is going on in a person's life. Contacting the chaplain directly sounds like a good idea though.
Good luck to you.

4MyBabyBoy
08-19-2005, 04:57 PM
I agree with contacting the chaplain...good luck and hope your son is okay. (((hugs)))

Manzanita
08-19-2005, 06:16 PM
I am so happy to see you got some great help here...the system is all frrecked up!!!
Let us know what happens....

MiaBellaAngela
08-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Ugh MONDAY!:angry: I hope it works out for you all!

laflor
08-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Monday is so far away and I can understand your anger:angry: , hopefully by then the Chaplain would have given him the message. But a word of advise you need to report the counselor, what you need to do is write I've realized for a a long time that with these people talking is not enough. When you verbally complain the complaint stops right there and doesn't go any further. When you're son gets better sit down and write a nice letter with style and etiquette. You see these people assume that becuase we have a loved one incarcerated we don't know any better hey no problem. When you write your letter write it to the attention of the the Corrections Commissioner in Albany, cc it to the Superintendent, Chaplain, and of course the counselor. Also cc it to Assemblymen Jeffrey L. Aubrey he represents the district of Queens. I don't know what boro you live in but he deals with issues regarding inmates incarcerated in NYS facilities. I had a problem about 2 years ago and I wrote and addressed it to all of the above. Mr. Aubrey responded and so did everyone else after he himself went into the facility to investigate my complaint. He might not respond right away but beleive me he will make sure that the situation is handled accordingly. I'm not sure of his address but you can find it on the internet. Good luck and I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

starzzmom
08-21-2005, 07:59 PM
first of all I wish your son a speedy recovery and i pray for you to have the strength to get thru this tough time.
I think it is disgusting that your husband has to wait until Monday to find out what is going on with your son. That counselor has nerve calling the hospital. Definetly take Laflor's advice and write (return receipt requested) to ALL those people, as well as try to get the superintendent on the phone again. And if you EVER have to get a message to your husband always call the chaplain, they are MUCH more sensitive to these situations. Good luck to you.

MRSMILLER
08-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Can U Believe This.... My Hubby Never Got The Msg Form The Couselor Or Chaplain.... My Son Came Home From The Hospital Yesterday And The Cahplain Was Supposed To Call Me Yesterday. I Was Too Busy To Call Them Bec I Had A Lot Of Running Around To Do. But When I Finally Sat Down I Realized I Never Got A Call From Anyone There. A Friend Of Mine Was Able To Get The Msg To Her Hubby And Then He Relayed It To Mines. He Told Me To Write Albany On This One.