View Full Version : How much time will he have to serve?

Daddysgurl
08-15-2005, 11:16 AM
I need to know something (1st of all, I hope I am posting this correctly) anyway, my question:

My daddy began incarceration July 24, 2004 as a result of a guilty plea in Greenville Co. SC and stayed in the Greenville CO. Det. Ctr. for 8 mos. He was sentenced on March 30, 2005 to 8 years (non-violent, white collar crime) and went to Kirkland March 31, 2005 and to Northside in early May 2005 and now is at Livesay in Spartanburg....ok, he has been incarcerated over a year now....on the SCDC inmate search page his projected realese date is March 09 but his projected parole date is March 06...what should I expect as the very longest amount of time we are looking at him serving? He gets credit for "good time served" whatever that means.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice, Amanda

SCDC Mom
08-15-2005, 07:24 PM
I would say that with no further charges, the longest you are looking at is 2009. Just my opinion as that is his "max-out" date.

Kahlan
08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Early parole rarely happens in SC. It will probably be 2008 or 2009 before he comes home unless the law changes before then.

How is he doing? How are you holding up?

Daddysgurl
08-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Thanks ya'll...well, until I read these posts I was pretty good...lol, just kidding. I try to keep an upbeat attitude...daddy is very positive. He is a christian and is using his time wisely (as he puts it). I get to talk to him once a week on the phone and usually go on Saturday or Sunday to visit...I alternate weekends taking my grandparents (his mom and dad, who are in their 80's) and my 2 kids to see their papa...this has been very difficult for us. But, we're hanging in there...I have my hopes set for his 1st paraole date (03/06) but I better not hang my hat on that huh? Maybe I should be more realistic and hope for 03/07....my daughter graduates high school in June 07 and she is so hopeful that papa will be out by then. Of course, I was the one convinced that daddy would have been given "time served" when he was sentenced in March to 8 years...he had been in Greenville co. for 8+ months then. My daddy is Larry Owen...the Carolina Investor's collapse that has been in all the papers for the last 3 years....if you are a praying people, keep us in your prayers.

Kahlan
08-16-2005, 07:46 AM
You will be in my prayers. I think that you can hope for 2007. You should write to the Parole Board and get everyone else (especially your daughter) who supports him to write to them too. Keep visiting and don't loose your upbeat attitude. And if you need us - we're always here.

Sandee
08-18-2005, 04:28 PM
I know that there is a form that your daddy can fill out requesting his jail time. My husband also spent 8 months in Greenville County. He filled out a form for his jail time and got it. My husband is non-violent and up for parole in 27 days. The parole board has been giving parole to 1st time offenders, mostly drug charges. My husband has an attorney and he said the % is up for parole. I'm hopeful but realistic. If the Lord thinks he is ready to come home then he will be home. My husband is at Northside.

Help and Prayer
05-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Sorry you're dad didn't make parole this time.My prayers are with you and you're family.