View Full Version : Release type? what does it mean?

cuteliz19
08-12-2005, 01:03 AM
hello everyone

well ya might think that am dumb lol but am just confuse. i will like to know if the release type that appears on the nydoc website were u get the inmate info if conditional release date its the same as for parole release date am confuse if he will be release or will he still have to go to parole or those contional release means deportation or what. am all confuse please help me. any info i will appreciated. if u dont understand what i mean feel gfree to pm i will explain it better.

thanks

Manzanita
08-12-2005, 06:19 AM
parole release date is the same ad CR date?
what do you mean? They might have a parole hearing date and then a CR date, and CR does not mean deportation...you can still be on parole out here when you leave on your cr date, or you can be released at your board hearing. Your bf has a flat bid so he will not be seeing the parole board.

Conditional Release Date

If the inmate is not released by the Parole Board at his or her initial appearance or a subsequent one, he or she may eventually be released by conditional release. The inmate is considered by the Time Allowance Committee (consisting of prison staff) four months prior to his or her conditional release date. The Time Allowance Committee reviews the inmate's incarceration behavior and participation in prison programs to decide if he or she has earned "good time" off his or her maximum sentence. The conditional release date may be adjusted as a result of the Time Allowance Committee's review. Following the review and adjustment, the inmate will be released to Parole supervision on the adjusted Conditional Release Date.
There is no conditional release for a maximum term of life (i.e., life sentence).
If an inmate is conditionally released, he or she will be under parole supervision of some level until his or her term expires (i.e., when the maximum expiration date is reached).

Earliest Release Date

This data item does not indicate when the inmate will definitely be released but is rather an indication of the earliest date on which he or she might be released. The determination of an inmate's possible release date is based on many factors. This data item is the result of applying all of those factors to the information in the inmate's file.

Under certain circumstances, an inmate may be released prior to serving his or her minimum term and before the earliest release date shown for the inmate. These include: Shock incarceration, sentences of parole supervision (at Willard Drug Treatment Campus), merit, medical parole and early parole to deportation.

Earliest Release Type

If the inmate were to be released on the Earliest Release Date, this data item is indicates what type of release that would be. Possible values are:

Parole Eligibility Date
Parole Hearing Date
Open Date for Parole Release
Conditional Release Date
Maximum Expiration Date

Parole Hearing Date

The month and year when the inmate will next appear before the Parole Board. The scheduled appearance may be the inmate's initial appearance before the Board or it may be a subsequent appearance. See "Parole Eligibility Date" below for more information.

Parole Hearing Type

This indicates the type of the next appearance by the inmate before the Parole Board. It may be his or her initial appearance, a reappearance, or a variety of other hearing types.

Parole Eligibility Date

Penal Law 70.40(1) states that an inmate is eligible for parole after serving his or her minimum term. Under certain circumstances, an inmate may be released prior to serving his or her minimum term. These include: Shock incarceration, sentences of parole supervision (at Willard Drug Treatment Campus), merit, medical parole and early parole to deportation. The inmate usually appears before the Parole Board two months prior to his or her parole eligibility date. The Parole Board may release the inmate or the Board may hold him or her for a reappearance at a later date.
If an inmate is granted a Parole release, he or she will be under parole supervision of some level until discharged by the NYS Division of Parole.

Gsister
03-26-2008, 09:33 PM
hi evetheryone am new here and would like some help.My brother is at lakeview shock and i dont know the day his coming home, meaning i would like some help on how to find out his release date,anybody can give me a little help here on what i have to do to find out.THANKS

Bee2
03-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Is he in the SHOCK program yet? Or is he awaiting a platoon?? If he is in the SHOCK program already then at some point they should give him his graduation date and that day should be his release date. ive read some people not get released because their cases were DWI related or something. But he should find all that out. But once hes in a platoon it is 6months. it might be 2 weeks extra for zero weeks but im not sure. Either way its pretty much 6 months later. If hes awaiting a platoon then he won't know his release date until he gets into a platoon. But the release date is usually the graduation day. you go to the graduation and right after pick them up and take them home!

Gsister
03-26-2008, 10:38 PM
thanks for that information it was really helpful.THANKS A LOT.