View Full Version : After being without water at CMCF, it is now fixed

Amy
08-11-2005, 04:58 PM
I received an article by email today about the problems with the water at CMCF. I am posting that article first and then the update from the DOC media section.

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050811/NEWS01/50811004

Crews fixing broken water line at Rankin County prison

By Emery Carrington
ecarrington@clarionledger.com

Crews are working to restore water service to the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Pearl after a water line near the prison broke Wednesday morning.

Mississippi Department of Corrections spokesman Nic Lott said he expects water to be restored by 5 p.m. today. MDOC officials have been providing bottled water to inmates since yesterday, Lott said.

He was unsure if inmates were able to bathe or shower.

"We've just provided bottled water. How the inmates used it, I don't know," Lott said.

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/CMCF%20Water.htm

CMCF Restores Water Services

On Tuesday morning, the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility (CMCF), located in Rankin County, learned of a water line break on the grounds of the facility. The staff immediately began making arrangements to correct the problem. CMCF officials purchased water to supply to the offenders until the water line was fixed.

As of 1:00 pm this afternoon, water supply was restored for all use other than consumption due to the chlorine levels. After the water is tested for acceptable levels of chlorine by the Mississippi Department of Health, normal water consumption will resume. Until then, more bottled water has been ordered to be provided to inmates. The problem is expected to be resolved by Friday morning, no later than 9:00 am.

The CMCF staff has been working around the clock to ensure sanitary conditions are met and to ensure offenders have access to necessary resources including drinking water.

I-Care
08-13-2005, 02:43 AM
I heard from CMCF yesterday. Our Loved One's are getting 2 small bottles of water to drink a day( hot or warm ) and yesterday at 3 PM they had not received any water for that day!! One asked them to save the "ice" from the ice machine to flush toilets with and they refused being afraid someone would actually drink the contaminated water so they had NO WATER to flush the toilets. It seems it may have been the SEWER lines that got into the water!!!! I will be visiting there tomorrow and will give an update as soon as I can.
"I-Care"