View Full Version : Truth in Sentencing Law

jdings_girl
08-02-2005, 02:36 PM
I would like help from anyone who has any new information on the truth in sentencing law. My fiance is in Straits CF and if the law is getting removed he could come home any day.

How hard is it for someone with a none violent crime, to get paroled. My fiance went in on a probabtion violation of driving on a suspended license causing an accident. He told me that he is a +12. :confused:

charscott
08-02-2005, 04:23 PM
mine was a -1 and his parole just got approved. But I still say it depends on what kind of mood the board is in. I know that should not matter but there seems to be no consistantcey on parole

zhane
08-02-2005, 06:53 PM
He won't be sent home early; he could be tethered home until his ERD but with truth in sentencing they have to serve the minimum. There hasn't been anything new or changed with the law that I am aware of but someone that gets the updates to the laws may have better knowledge than I would.

MrsBenji
08-02-2005, 07:33 PM
I haven't seen any changes to TIS and I seriously doubt any are coming.

He will have to serve his minimum, but if he is scheduled to see the board, he has most likely gotten there or is close.

Like Charscott said, this board is highly unpredictable.

GOOD LUCK!!
Jenn

DJB's Wife
08-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Good luck, hope he gets to come home.

StacysWar030
08-03-2005, 06:07 AM
No changes to TIS have even been presented in Legislation. Unfortunately, as it stands right now he will have ot do his minimum.

The tether situation, at this time, is also just a hope. The law that would/could allow that hasn't had any movement to it yet either. :(

I know this is a tough situation. Hang in there. ((((HUGS))))

Stacy