View Full Version : New DUI law???

Ryan'sWife
08-02-2005, 12:41 PM
A friend at work told me he herd on the radio that a law was just passed for drinking and driving. He said that if you get in a car accident no matter if it's your fault or not or if anyone died or not...you get a minimum of 15 years. Have any of you guys herd of this new law? Is it true?

Thanks!

charscott
08-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I have not heard anything right now my man is serving a 2 to 5 on a dui 3rd

aab21
08-02-2005, 05:18 PM
The penalty for drinking and driving in Michigan just got tougher

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3669978

angeltob
08-03-2005, 08:51 AM
There are really tough fines even on a first offense...you have to pay the state of michigan 500 for the next two years plus many other fines along with it. You lose your license for up to a year and you have to pay big time to get it back from SoS. Plus community service. Plus all court costs including a court appointed attorney. AND/OR Jail time. All for a first time offense....and I dont think they are called DUIs anymore they are all DWIs. Which used to make a difference in court.

Ryan'sWife
08-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks aab21 for that article. It still doesn't say how much time you would get. I'm just curious. So if you find anymore information about this please let me know. Thank you so much.

Jes

Tuberose
08-03-2005, 06:44 PM
It's a state fee of 1000 2 years in a row for 3rd. I've already paid his first 1000. Thankfully he'll be home to help pay the 2nd 1000. I know someone with 2nd offence and he's been trying for 10 years to get his licience back. Tim can't ask for his back for the 18 months of parole. This ruling is ridiculous though. If any of you know the myth of Demeter and Persephone, it fits MADD very well, along with the CSC witch hunt. We do tend to live out those myths sometimes, unfortunately.