View Full Version : lockdown in chino???

messyjesse
07-28-2005, 12:54 AM
has anyone heard of a lockdown in chino? a friend was supposed to call tuesday or wednesday and hasn't so i was just wondering if anybody knew of some sort of lockdown or a number i could call to find out what the deal is?
thank you all.

Crstnamre
07-28-2005, 01:58 AM
What I heard is the following: Monday night at around 9pm the Whites

and the Mexicans got into it. Inmates refused to get on there bunks for

count and several fights broke out. Then the whole gym starting going

off. The blacks took cover in the shower area, most inmates were

pulled out of the gym. The Mexicans took the shower area and

barricaded themselves in the shower area. After a while the Mexicans

came out without further incident.

messyjesse
07-28-2005, 02:19 AM
What I heard is the following: Monday night at around 9pm the Whites

and the Mexicans got into it. Inmates refused to get on there bunks for

count and several fights broke out. Then the whole gym starting going

off. The blacks took cover in the shower area, most inmates were

pulled out of the gym. The Mexicans took the shower area and

barricaded themselves in the shower area. After a while the Mexicans

came out without further incident.

oh wow. I am betting he was somewhere in the middle of that too so...anyways, thank you for letting me know. do you have any idea of when they are going to get off of lockdown (if it did result in them being locked down) or how i can find out when they are off and if they are on LD?
thank you sooo much for letting me know.

Crstnamre
07-28-2005, 04:53 AM
I have no clue when they would be off or if they are even on lockdown. I

would guess that if you missed regular ph calls or ?, and that this incident

occurred that it is likely they are lockdown or they have turned the ph's off

possibly as "punishment". The ph# for CIM is 909-597-1821. I don't

know they will tell you anything or not, I am not familiar w/ that facility,

but it does'nt hurt to try. And you are very welcome.

jen70
07-28-2005, 10:37 AM

jen70
07-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Oops...posted nothing on that first one :) Anyway, can you tell me what housing unit that fight was in? Thanks for any information....

bubblescalif
07-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Thank goodness I got on here...I have been waiting at the house for two days for my son to call...he never misses a day. Does anyone know what housing unit the fight was in? Please post asap...I am one worried mom!

messyjesse
07-28-2005, 01:48 PM
i have no clue, but i know my friend is in the west part of the building(if that makes sense to you. I only know i send his letters to west___....etc.)I am not farmilar with this prison either, but hes not getting phonecalls i guess. if your son calls and you find out anything, or if anbody knows whats going on in chino, PLEASE post. i will do the same too:)
thank you all.

messyjesse
07-28-2005, 03:04 PM
CHINO IS NOT ON LOCKDOWN. THE PHONES WERE "BROKEN" YESTERDAY, BUT HE CALLED AND WE TALKED AND ALL IS GOOD. I HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL WITH EVERYONE ELSE, AND YOUR LOVED ONES CALL SOON! THANK YOU FOR THE INFO.

ALVCA
07-28-2005, 09:26 PM
OK, now I am confused. Chino is NOT on lockdown? Because when I called Saturday morning (the 23rd) I got a message saying that they would be on lockdown the 23rd and 24th and I called Sgt. ? (can't remember his name) and he said to call him tomorrow morning after they do their assessment and that he would know if they would continue the lockdown this weekend of not. I am refering to the West side. The Sgt also said that there was another incident, this time on the East side....I'm so confused. I don't know if I should just try going Saturday or not.

Thanks!

messyjesse
07-29-2005, 12:45 AM
OK, now I am confused. Chino is NOT on lockdown? Because when I called Saturday morning (the 23rd) I got a message saying that they would be on lockdown the 23rd and 24th and I called Sgt. ? (can't remember his name) and he said to call him tomorrow morning after they do their assessment and that he would know if they would continue the lockdown this weekend of not. I am refering to the West side. The Sgt also said that there was another incident, this time on the East side....I'm so confused. I don't know if I should just try going Saturday or not.

Thanks!
well i dont know how that could be right because the 23rd my friends girlfriend went to see him. Hes on the Westside. He called me today, and i was under the impression that they weren't on lockdown (i could be totally wrong) but he just said the phones weren't working before or something like that.
I dont want to say go ahead and try going because im not sure what the deal is with visiting there, but if i were you, i would call as late friday as i could and ask if you are allowed to see them saturday or not. or try calling saturday morning. Thats weird though that the sgt. said they were on lockdown. im positive she went to see him, because he told me he was pissed she didn't come back sunday after she promised to saturday. Im sorry im of no help!!! if he calls back, i will let you know what he says about visiting.

Crstnamre
07-29-2005, 03:25 AM
From what I understand, it was on the westside, dorm 7.

well i dont know how that could be right because the 23rd my friends girlfriend went to see him. Hes on the Westside. He called me today, and i was under the impression that they weren't on lockdown (i could be totally wrong) but he just said the phones weren't working before or something like that.
I dont want to say go ahead and try going because im not sure what the deal is with visiting there, but if i were you, i would call as late friday as i could and ask if you are allowed to see them saturday or not. or try calling saturday morning. Thats weird though that the sgt. said they were on lockdown. im positive she went to see him, because he told me he was pissed she didn't come back sunday after she promised to saturday. Im sorry im of no help!!! if he calls back, i will let you know what he says about visiting.

bubblescalif
07-29-2005, 09:40 PM
My son finally got thru today:D . He said that they were changing out phones for the last few days and he is in MSF yard and as of today there was only one phone working! The new carrier is MCI and the connection is alot clearer! I called yesterday and spoke with the CO in the MSF yard and he said there was definately no lockdown there and all was going smoothly! Go figure...you just never know! I hope everyone is getting their calls now:).