View Full Version : Ghostface? (Does anyone know what this means?)

Belle2000
04-25-2003, 11:36 PM
I am new to PTO, so I am not sure if this is where I need to ask this, but it sounded like the right place. Can anyone pm or email me with info on Ghostface? The general info I have came form Ga. prisons. I believe it is a gang of some sort, but I do not think they would consider themselves a "gang". The expression I most often heard was "Ghostface is family". I would appreciate any info at all, no matter how unimportant it may seem. Also, something to do with the numbers 1636? Thanks so much!!! :wave:

life2thesequel
05-11-2003, 12:25 PM
Ghostface Killah is a Rap Artist.

Google for 'Ghostface Georgia 1636' brought up one bootleg artist sight where artists are rostered... He isn't 1636, but there was someone there. He was up the the 7000 block somewhere.

Are these people fans or some self-proclaimed entourage posse?

Belle2000
05-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the reply, life2thesequal! No, this group has nothing to do with the rapper. It is just what they call themselves. The only thing I can find out on the internet is about the rapper also. I can't find out anything from Shane because he is a member and supposedly it is a "violation" to discuss Ghostface with none members. I know very little about it, and it bothers me that there is something that he will not share with me. We do not keep anything from each other except this. I know it is not a typical "gang", and they do not cause trouble or get into racist activities. Shane says " Ghostface is not a gang. Ghostface is family." If you come across anything, please let me know. Thanks!! :confused:

gailkurp
07-11-2003, 05:34 AM
just a thought... could this be a brotherhood of whites that are hanging together within the system? Perhaps they don't want to affiliate with the Aryans because of their racist views, but want to keep a brotherhood amongst themselves because that is the only thing that keeps long term confinement bearable for most people. Anyway, just an idea.

If this person you are worried about is serving time and relying on this "family" that he has joined, there's not much you can do about it except love him and accept the fact that this isn't a society you will get to join with him. He'll be loyal to his brothers because they'll have his back no matter what comes up in there - that's pretty important to him I would imagine. Just try to support him and not be threatened by the relationship he has with these people because he's getting something out of it that he obviously needs. Just love him and let this go if he doesn't want to betray his brothers just to assuage your curiousity, even though it may be hard to do. Hang in there! :)