View Full Version : Anybody have a loved one in SCC?

fern's
07-21-2005, 01:52 AM
New to the PTO but not so new at this "fiance in jail" stuff. I am from San Diego and my old man is at SCC, my roomate, her boyfriend and myself filled out visiting forms to see my old man at the same time, mailed them together as well. Two months later my old man writes a brief letter and he says that they were approved but claimed not to even know that I had sent one in because they (cops) would usually make him aware when a form comes in. I call SCC and get zero assistance and my friends are going up to visit next weekend and I would really, really, really love to go too. Is there anyway that I can make an appointment and find out that way if I was or wasn't approved? You see I am kind of tripping a little because my old man has been depressed and distant and I recently discovered that he's writing to a mutual friend, yet neither of them felt it important enough to mention this to:blah: me. She was out of town over the weekend (visiting??) and I am tripping hard !!!H I just thought he was just depressed being so far away, he wouldn't even let me ship him his quarterly package saying something about it going through Nevada? I'm lost! Maybe he doesn't want to see me or he might not want to tell me that I was turned down (He's been in going on a year..I need to see him) he never calls me either says hard to get on phone at SCCIFear of rejection coming at me from him or for visit approval.:confused: What do I do!? Any body listening? Suggestions for how to find out .....?:idea:

melbo
07-21-2005, 06:27 AM
Hi there...and Welcome to PTO! I'm here and listening, I just don't have the answers for you, I'm sure a Cali member will be along shortly that can offer you some suggestions...you can defenitley call the prison and tel them that you are planning on visiting this weekend and you wanted to make sure you were on the approved visitors list. Well. thats what I did maybe Cali is different though. Good Luck to you...I hope you get to visit.

c's baby
07-21-2005, 02:42 PM
If you are denied visiting, you are supposed to be notified.
Phone sign ups are once a week for the next week. I believe they
are allowed to sign up for 2 or 3 calls a week. An extention for visiting
is 5232. Sometimes you get a live person, sometimes voice mail.
As far as I know there is no appointments necessary (at least where my
husand is). He is on the Calaveras yard. Level 1.
My son's approval took a while. But, you would think that your application
would have gone through about the same time.
I know this isn't much, but I hope it helps.
Good luck.;)

fern's
08-05-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm approved !! But he doesn't know yet, the visiting sargent told me that It would be safe for me to come on up and visit! I'm nervous! What if he doesn't want to see me cuz he's only called once in a year and he has slacke doff on the writing alot! I'm gonna go ...I'm excited and I miss him and if he's done then he needs to tell me face to face, right?

jdcjmc1
08-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Something does not sound right. I agree if you are denied you are notified. When you are approved he is notified and then notifies you. The fact that he has not calle din a year is fishy and he does not want you sending his package. my man loved when he got his packages and looked forward to them. I would definately go there and do not let him know. Good luck

MamaSheila
08-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi and welcome to PTO.
Love, Sheila :) :D ;) :p :o :thumbsup: :yes: :hee: :wave: :dance: :hifive: :beer: :clap: :grouphug: :rock: