View Full Version : weight loss help

kensbabe032999
04-23-2003, 09:38 PM
i need help! does anyone know of a weight loss/diet that actually works? i am at 200 pounds :eek: and i have NEVER been there. in high school i weighed no more than 130 pounds.

please someone help me

even you guys out there

i dont have much money, i have some backproblems which at times make it hard to do sit-ups. and i can run (lower leg problems.)

can anyone help?

anyone?

terri :eek: :confused: :(

Chevygal55
04-23-2003, 11:08 PM
Terri~ I am in the same boat hun! The only excersice that I like to do is walking and areobics. But....in the past two years with a back injury and now upcoming foot surgery I have not been able to exercise the way I like to and the pounds keep coming on! So if you find out anything that can help let me know too... I know about the usual eat right thing and try not to eat after a certain time of the evening....but I also know no diet really ever works. It's a matter of proper diet and exercise. I will be checking this thread to see if anyone comes up with something~ Thanks for posting this!

Cheetoes1
04-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Try The Atkins Diet. I have lost almost 20 lbs ( I started the diet the end of February), though the last few #s I keep gaing back due to my addiction to Easter Candy!! LOL :)

KellyA.

sqweeky
04-23-2003, 11:29 PM
Terri
I too have a weight prob , and pushing 200 yuckos , But The Diet Dr. I try to see when my foot is ok Says Water, Water , drink lots of water , cut back on a 1000 cal diet , here is the big one I hate NO soda's, Salt , Sugar , I willfind the paper and send it to you , just PM me your address ok , I used itbefore and went down about 45 pds in about 5 months , plus her ( the Dr ) gives a shot of b/12 mixtue , and I want to get back on it , after a year and half of not exersizing due to broken leg , i have really packed the weight on , Good luck
Terri

Joanna
04-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Terri,

Donít know how much this would help but when I joined the local gym this is the advice they gave me

The Atkins diet is good but they said some people get sick, I fainted so that was a no go

People assume if you it very little you will loose weight, but it doesnít work, they said try to eat 5 small meals a day, eating little but often helps your metabolism.

Stay off the obvious fatty foods chips etc and eat as much veg and fruit as possible

Try to stop eating after 7pm

Exercise everyday even if thatís just walking. It should be 40mins of cardio work (sweat burning) and then 20 mins toning, if you have injuries try yoga.

in 6 months I have gone down 2 dress sizes if it wasnít for building my muscles and toning with yoga the trainer thinks I would be UNDER weight!
Good luck!
Joanna x x x x

krisintx
04-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Okay I have about 30-40 lbs that I would like to lose. I have a friend who went to a weight loss center and i got some information from her. I have only been doing this for about 3 days but she has been on it awhile and she has lost 21lbs and counting. this is what I eat daily...1 dairly, 1 fat(butter,oils), 2 proteins(meat mostly fish), 2 starches(bread,rice ect),3 veggies, and 3 fruits. I also have cut out all soda intake and drink at least 64 oz of water. I hope this helps and good luck.
Kristen

~cheenna~
04-24-2003, 09:15 PM
For me eating lots of protien and cutting out carbs works but I know it doesn't work for everyone.
What ever you try I sincerely hope you are successful.
I gave up all commercial sweets for Lent and lost a grand total of 5lbs. LOL I had really hoped for me, oh well ...

Girliebomb
04-25-2003, 07:55 AM
Have you thought about trying the special k diet? I tried that and lost the 6 lbs in two weeks. I tried the atkins diet but it really made me sick too..Ugh. I did the special k diet and ate a healthy choice or weight watchers meal for dinner.

Mrs. H
04-25-2003, 09:30 PM
On the Atkins I lost 7 lb.s the 1st week and since March I have lost a total of 12 lb.s and even snuck in chocolate which is an absolute nono! I am serious to get the weight off before my first conjugal visit and will do it.

I have also begun Callenetics which is a stretching type of excercise routine an hour at a time which really takes off the inches. I have the video (it is kinda ballet meets yoga type of movements). I abhor the quick aerobics type of workouts although once I get smaller maybe I can handle all that cardio jumpin around stuff.

Best wishes on getting started cause that is the hardest part I believe!

Tamara

penelope
04-25-2003, 11:53 PM
I lost 30 pounds within the year just by not having fat during the day and eating a hardy (basically anything I want) dinner. I eat WOW potato chips and anything else I can get my paws on that is fat free. I have zero will power and if my body senses that I am on a diet I become ravenous. On this "diet" I feel deprived of nothing. Mrs H - If you like chocolate, you can order carbolite bars on-line, if I remember correctly there are no carbs and no sugar. They have dark, milk, and crispies, tastes just like the real thing and it certainly tastes better than the Atkins Bars.

kate
04-26-2003, 12:49 AM
I've lost (eek--embarrassed to say) 110 pounds since July 2002 of "Herbal Magic" (in canada). Basically, they teach you the right foods to eat & they give herbal supplemets. I don't know if there's the same kinda place in the USA. Let me know....I can mail youu know the diet....basically no salt & sugars. Take care of you .
Kate.

Shortie
04-26-2003, 10:37 PM
kate

don't be embarrassed. be proud you are changing you life and that is great and empowering.

I have to say everyone's body is different. You need to consult your phyiscian and see what they recommend at least see a dietician. Most insurance's pay for it. It is a great option and will mininize risk or injury to let your doctor in on the weight loss plan...

SCLady
04-26-2003, 10:42 PM
I have been off the Weight Watchers wagon for a while, but will be starting on it again this week. When I do it right, it does work.

California Sunshine
04-27-2003, 12:03 AM
Gosh I'm in the same boat and hating it! My doc recommended a low carb,high protein diet for me and cutting way back on sugars and caffeiene

Eazy
04-27-2003, 06:27 PM
The absolute best advice I can give is, Ben and Pat. Ben them knees and Pat them feet. Walk, walk, walk. It is absolutely a god sent for me. When ever I start to see those little dimples in my ass, I will start walking. I will walk to pick my daughter up from school.

There is a case study of two identical twins who were separated at birth and adopted out to different families. They found each other in their forties. There was a 70lb difference in their weights. They are exactly the same diet. The only difference between them was their lifestyle. One of them jogged.

countess
04-27-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm just starting Weight Watchers and lost 5 lbs in two weeks. The point system is real easy and, if you "save" enough points during the day, you can have a real good supper at night.

Once I loose 10 lbs I plan to start toning; I can't start a diet and a workout routine all at once because I'll never stick to it. It's so hard to start!!

I gained 30 lbs since my husband left (19 months ago). I feel like a big blob!!! I will try (again) to loose at least 20 of the 30. That's my goal.

Good luck; I wish you success............

Mrs. H
04-28-2003, 04:16 AM
I have been on the atkins since mid March and lost but this sat and sun I went on the hollywood diet juice fast. I weighed tonight and I have lost 15 lbs total since mid March!

Tomorrow I begin the barbell workout from Montel Williams book. I need to lose alot more weight and tone!

Kens_Queen
04-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Like Kelly said, the Atkins diet is good. I think most of its effectiveness is in consuming NO refined sugar of any sort. I don't follow Atkins to the letter, but I do refrain from eating sugar. I've lost about 15 pounds so far from just that. I still have more to go, but I'm very encouraged! It's amazing how many substitutes there are on the market for sugar, too...so you really don't even have to feel like you're missing much.

albajo
04-29-2003, 06:13 AM
USE THE DR, ATKINS DIET I LOST 171 LB OF FAT ON IT YOU CAN EAT ALL THE WHITE MEAT YOU CAN EAT JUST WATCH YOUR CARBS I HAVE TRYED A HUNDRED DITES OVER THE YEARS AND THIS ONE WORKS; YOU CAN EAT A POUND OF BACON AND A DOZ EGGS FRYED IN BUTTER FOR BREAKFAST THEN A BACON CHEESE BURGER NO BREAD FOR LUNCH ; THIS DIET ALLOWS YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT BY CLEANING THE BODY OF CARBS WHICH HOLD FAT AND CAUSE CHOLESTEROLALL THE TUNA OR WHITE MEAT CHICKEN YOU CAN EAT IT IN MANY WAYS BAKED BROLIED FRYED NO BREADING MAKE A SALAD FROM IT NO VEGGIES GIVE IT A TRY AFTER THE 3RD DAY YOU SHOULD SEE A BIG DIFFERENCE; AND IM STARTING OVER AGAIN MYSELF GOTTA LOSE 50 LBS GOOD LUCK AND JUST REMEMBER IF IT HAS CARBS DONT EAT IT READ THE LABELS LOVE AND PEACE ALBA

albajo
04-29-2003, 06:20 AM
OH I ALMOST FORGOT IF YOU HAVE A CRAVEING FOR SWEETS YOU CAN EAT 3 TABLESPOONS OF WHIPPED CREME DO NOT BUY THE LOW FAT KIND IT HAS 2 TIMES AS MUCH CARBS THEN THE REGULAR; ALSO AFTER A MONTH YOU CAN GO ON WHAT IS CALLED A CARB GLUT YOU PICK 1 HOUR IN THE WEEK ANY DAY 1TO2 2TO3 YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN AND IN THAT HOUR YOU CAN EAT THE HOUSE IF YOU WANT BUT ONLY 1 HOUR A MONTH AFTER THE FIRST MONTH I WAS LOSEING 20 TO 26 LBS A MONTH WITHOUT BEING HUNGRY AT ALL IT IS THE ONLY DIET I HAVE FOUND TO REALLY WORK

ToughTimes
04-30-2003, 03:07 PM
I would not recommend the Atkins diet for more than about 6 weeks. I did it, but I don't believe that it's a lifestyle that one should put up with forever. My mom is a nurse and my sister is very interested in health and fitness and would be a dietician if she wasn't doing her current job! :) I have lost 40 pounds since 01-01-03 because I worked out at Curves and am eating better. I cheat a lot, and have hit a plateau for now, but have to get back working out. Just eat right (veggies, lean meats, lots of water, and TAKE A DAILY VITAMIN) and exercise. Keeping a journal of food intake and feelings also helps!