View Full Version : SARS updates...

Menally-Ill
04-17-2003, 06:43 PM
I just KNOW I'm gonna catch hell from SOMEONE for violating their rule prohibiting me from posting!!!...

BUT, this SARS thing is getting MEGA-SERIOUS!

600 Members of a Catholic church have gone into quarantine, two under court order, because 30 members are now SARS cases! This congregation attended a SARS victim's funeral a few weeks back!

Umm... did I NOT say something about immediate cremation of SARS victims? Cremation should be standard procedure for any infectious victim!!! (But I'm just an idiot! What do I know?)

As of Wednesday, 303 cases of SARS in Canada...249 are here in Toronto.

We are now in the FIFTH GENERATION of this virus! WOW! No wonder we are snowed under!

10,000 now are in quarantine! 15 in FORCED quarantine. And the government is talking about electronic ankle bracelets, and videocameras set up with the Internet, for monitoring these cases! (Civil liberties,anyone?)

Koch's Postulates have been met! There are now official lab monkeys in Rotterdam, that have been infected. So it is a new variant of CORONAVIRUS! It's a mutated COLD virus, that has leapt from animals to humans, and it is DEADLY!(VERY UGLY DEATHS, people! I'll spare you the details!)

Hospitals are being blamed for NOT CONTAINING THE ILL! (Another thing I've been saying for weeks. But I'm an idiot, remember!) Several SARS cases trekked from hospital to hospital saying "This is NOT an ordinary cold I have" and they were turned away and sent home!

ELEVEN SARS children are now in Sick Kids Hospital...

A high school student went to school and wrote a biology exam on the tenth day of quarantine, and got sick that night...

A guy at Hewlett Packard kept on going to work, saying "I'm fine. Really!" when he'd been ordered into quarantine!

Airlines are saying that air travel has DROPPED by 25%! And 51 countries are now screening Canadian travellers! We are becoming PARIAHS, the leper colony of the world! Oh, well, it'll give the Chinese a break!

EASTER WEEKEND will be a nightmare concern, especially with churches that dip hands in holy water, then make the sign of the cross! Or that kiss crosses, statues and icons! Place communion hosts on people's tongues! The water in baptismal fonts! The enclosed space of a confessional!

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS:

You wanna "play hooky" from work? You just have to call your boss, fake cough once or twice, and they're saying "PLEASE TAKE TEN DAYS OFF!!! GO RIGHT AHEAD!!! WE'LL KEEP YOUR JOB FOR YOU!!!"

Sunnie
04-17-2003, 06:52 PM
OMG mellony..thanks for the update. This is very scary. Is there a particular place i can go to read about this more and by the way what are the symptoms of this?\

You take care of your self Please!!

Sunnie

Menally-Ill
04-17-2003, 06:58 PM
I Posted weblinks inthe visitation forum a few weeks back...

Ask Teb. It was his post, I think.

SCLady
04-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Why can't you post??

I don't understand :(

deb
04-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Menolly--

Thanks for the update! Now, who told you you can't post? Or are you just being goofy?????

Deb

sodaigakko
04-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Why can't Menolly post, huh? It's "whistle-blowing" for Menolly to tell us a truth the MOH would sooner not have us, the public, worry about. I could hardly believe my ears while I watched official lips moving in a press conference, saying that no, there is plenty of capacity among our Health workers here to handle both SARS and West Nile. They must be delusional, thinking Menolly and all her colleagues are SuperHuman. Or they are Liars. Read, listen, obey quarantine for the common good even to bankruptcy, take precautions, and above all, pray.

Menally-Ill
04-19-2003, 02:07 PM
Thank you once again, Sodaigakko, for being the only one who understands the stress I am working under!

See for example "How the world let SARS spread" and "We have NOT lost control" or ANY other article at:

<http://www.torontostar.com/sars>

SIX WEEKS of 12 to 16 hour workdays, SEVEN days a week, people! I've lost NINETEEN POUNDS NOW, from vomitting every single morning, as soon as I wake up!! I am sick as a dog from all this stress!

Now we have FOUR new cases in a 247 unit condo complex... How many new quarantine cases do you think that'll include?

Who the heck do you think is looking after all these people? The politicians? I think not! It's us "girls" who are the ONLY light these people see in a terrifying day. And we're suited up like extraterrestrials and spacemen! Do you know what I do? I take a magic marker and draw smiley faces and sunshine on my N-95 mask, just so my patients know it is ME under there!

Imagine a goofy smiley face, being the only sign of HUMANITY you will get ALL DAY LONG!

I have missed the whole Iraq war thing! Because I am fighting a REAL war here, and my enemy is INVISIBLE and MICROSCOPIC! (Except for the bureaucrats, whom I WISH would become invisible and microscopic!)

Menally-Ill
04-19-2003, 02:25 PM
Also try:

<http://www.cbc.ca/news/sars/>