View Full Version : Parole violation (Pennsylvania)

jenn611
06-30-2005, 05:59 PM
I don't have all the specifics but my boyfriend was arrest on Saturday for driving without a license and no insurance. Which is a violation of his parole along with having a cellphone. I haven't spoken with him, but his cousin said he was suppose to get out today, I went down to visit (Driving 2 1/2 hourss), but there was a bad storm and the power went out so all visits were canceled. When I called to check if he was being released the jail told me he a a parole violation and he was sitting, so I asked if she knwe hold long, and she replied "As long as his parole officers wants him too." I'm just wondering what the average length of time is, and should I be expecting him home soon, or should I be making another trip to the jail on Saturday. By the way this is all new to me, we weren't together when he was in prison. If you have any ideas or advise PLEASE SHARE!

younglove
06-30-2005, 10:25 PM
sorry to hear that jenn, but unfortunately in my case, now mind you i'm in arizona. My husband was caught driving without a license, caught with possession and was sent back to prison for violating parole. He was only out a month! they sent him back to finish his parole. Wasted no time at all. He was incarcerated in county in Nov 2004, and back in prison on Jan 2005. He won't come home until Sept 2005. :( so there may be a good chance that he could end up going back.

jenn611
07-01-2005, 03:50 AM
Well I'm praying for some better results. He's been out on parole for a little over 2 years and he's been clean the entire time, drug tests every other week. I really don't know much about anything that is going on because we weren't together when he went to prison. I know he served 5 years then was in a half-way house, and he's been out a little over 2 years. This whole thing seems a little surreal to me. I really don't know anything about the system, and don't even really know who to contact to find out. SO you think my best bet is to drive the 2 1/2 for visitation on Saturday morning. I"m away at school so he can't call me collect. :(

thunder
07-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Jenn611,

Sorry to hear about the set back. Some times the return of a parolee to prision is contingent upon his/her parole officer, the nature of the violation, etc. If I am not mistaken, I think a hearing has to occur regarding the violation and then they will determine the outcome. Until the hearing, he will sit in county. If the violation sticks, more than likely, he will have to return to his home prison for normally 18 months.

Also, he might be able to purchase a pre-paid phone card if he has money on his book, etc.

Jenn611, I am praying for a positive outcome.

Mittenz
07-03-2005, 07:53 PM
A old friend of mine got locked back up for the same thing last year Nov. with one year left on his parole. Well first the county he got locked up in gave him 6 months. He had to serve that first before the p. board would even address him. Once he went in front of the p.d. they made him serve the two years that he was home plus the year that he still 'owes'. His son won't be seeing him until late 2008.