View Full Version : Things to do when your man comes home!!

mshopered78
06-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Hello Girls!

Well, the countdown is officially on until Mark comes home...33 days! :) So, I was wondering for those of us who will see our men soon if you have started to think of things to do together when he comes home. Mark has been away for 6 months (which I know is not near as long as some of you have been waiting-and my prayers are with you!). When he comes home he will have been drug free for 6 months-and I have been thinking of things we can do together that will keep him away from trouble. I've made a list and thought I would share it with you all and ask for suggestions from the group!! :)

1. Go to a local farmers market and pick berries or fruit
2. Take $20 each and scour the local yardsales and see who can get the tackeist item
3. Throw 40 pennies in a wishing well
4. Roast marshmellows over a candle in your living room and make smore's
5. Go to the batting cages
6. Have a water ballon fight in the backyard
7. Fly a kite together
8. Blow soap bubbles at wach other
9. Bowling
10. Rollerskating
11. Tennis
12. Whip cream fight

We don't have any kids (yet!), so we have the freedom to come and go as we please, which helps. If anyone has any more suggestions, please post!!

Love to all my fellow girls!!

Hope :)

1dayatatime
06-12-2005, 12:31 PM
You are very creative. How bout volunteering at a local soup kitchen? Camping?

Congrats on the homecoming----

ONE

Patty
06-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming reunion. Be sure to take your vitamins and get plenty of rest as this tends to be an exhausting time. Keep us posted!!!

All the best,
Patty

positive
06-13-2005, 08:28 AM
What a wonderful list. I too think of things me and my boyfriend can do together when he gets home.

Argue over the footy
Go skinny dipping
Motor bike riding
Camping
Feel the rain on our faces
Hold each other
Redecorate our bedroom
Walk through the Sunday markets hand in hand
Play backgammon
and laugh laugh laugh

Cheers
positve

rywill
06-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Congratulations on your upcoming reunion. Be sure to take your vitamins and get plenty of rest as this tends to be an exhausting time. Keep us posted!!!

All the best,
Patty:p Patty you should be a sales person for Prevention magazine or sell vitamins on the side. You make sure to offer that wonderful advice about vitamins and rest. I love it. I can't wait to have you post that one for me.

Read books together or even old letters.
Bike riding
walks
cook meals together
have date night, where you can't spend over $10 and you have to be creative
Scrapbook
give each oterh pedicures
I love the volunteer at the soup kitchen!

yattaboo
06-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Here is a couple
Play naked twister.
Movie night corney but hey i am doing it.

~BabyG~
06-16-2005, 10:16 AM
1. What about a pillow fight?
2. Take a long hot bath together
3. Go to the grocery store for the first time and let him "shop" for the groceries. (he'll love that)
4. Go to a lake and picnic together...a little wine...etc!

I love the pedicure idea. We are definetly going to work on that. My man must have pretty toes!

lilmama26
06-17-2005, 05:03 PM
All your ideas sound great. Naked twister, LOL, sounds good to me! :o

Manzanita
06-17-2005, 07:33 PM
This is a nice thread :)

dizzulsgirl
06-17-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm all for the naked twister...LOL

ToAsTy
06-17-2005, 07:46 PM
i love the naked twister idea, what about adding baby oil to the mix? :D now that sounds like fun!!!

MzBlakes
06-19-2005, 11:37 PM
This is a nice post....
Last Month I reserved us a hotel room for a couple of nights the week after he gets out, We probably won't come out of the room much, room service all the way (some catching up to do, LOL) except to go for some walks, swim and to go to the spa appointment I booked with it, we are each getting a dead sea mud wrap, facial, pedicure and a couples massage....He is going to love it!!!!!! I bought new lingerie and all new candles which are unscented and I bought essential oils which are aphrodisiacs (ylang ylang, jasmine, rose, sandalwood..etc.) in which I am going to scent the candles with and also for massage....I am going to pamper him to the fullest!! I am also taking him out to dinner at Olive Garden a few days after he gets out.
Oh..I bought him the new M3 Power razor he wanted, new shave gel, Razor Defense Face Scrub by Neutrogena that he wanted....Yes I have gone overboard for this is only half of what I have planned, I have been saving money for this the whole time he has been in....We will definitely do our share of baths, sunsets, water balloon fights, walks, etc. like we did before. I already have a scrapbook/pic albumn I have been making for him...all of our pics, letters, letters/drawings from prison he has sent, cards, receipts, candy wrappers..etc. (It's another gift for him) I AM SO IN LOVE WITH MY BABY CARMEN!!

HOME SOON.....I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

missmyhubby
06-19-2005, 11:43 PM
i love the naked twister idea, what about adding baby oil to the mix? :D now that sounds like fun!!!

You guys are a bunch of freaky deaky peeples!! But Hey, I'm feeling you!! :p :D

klove
06-20-2005, 12:46 AM
MzBlake you have the best ideal of them all for his first few days home. Now that's what i'm talkin bout;)

zigan04
06-20-2005, 02:12 AM
Mu husband doesn't get out for a while, but I've been thinking of fun, drug/alcohol free activites for us to do when he gets out. Our life before he went in was consumed with drugs and people who did drugs. So thanks for the ideas! And great thread!

inlifesshadow
06-20-2005, 04:13 AM
look at the stars, play striptease go fish!!! Hug!!! SMILE!!!!!!! oh and dont feed him to much greasy food cause then you gotta invest in xlax imodium and alot of air freshener!!!lol (its the truth) not to many spices....and deffinatly NO bologne... trust me!!!

LOTS OF S>>>E>>>X!!!!!!!!!!