View Full Version : Corrective Action Plan for CIM Submitted to the Office of the Inspector General

Pinky99
06-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Corrective Action Plan for California Institution for Men Submitted to the Office of the Inspector General
Friday June 10, 5:24 pm ET
Plan Outlines Several Safety Improvement Measures. In Addition, Top CIM Administrators Are Permanently Removed From Their Positions

SACRAMENTO, Calif., June 10 /PRNewswire/ -- After an extensive review of the March 16, 2005 Office of the Inspector General's (OIG) special report into the death of Correctional Officer Manuel A. Gonzalez, Jr. on January 10, 2005 at the California Institution for Men (CIM), the Youth and Adult Correctional Agency has submitted its first Corrective Action Plan to the OIG. The plan outlines timelines, status reports and the remedial steps already taken by the California Department of Corrections (CDC) in accordance with the OIG's earlier recommendations.
In addition, the first official leadership action taken was the immediate termination of the appointment of Lori DiCarlo as Warden at CIM, who under the civil service laws of the State of California, will have return rights to the classification of Associate Warden if she so desires. DiCarlo has been on administrative leave since the middle of March.

Moreover, CIM Chief Deputy Wardens Carol Roddy and Greg Mellott were removed from their positions. Under civil service laws, both will have the right of return to the classification status of Associate Wardens within CDC. Roddy and Mellot have also been on administrative leave since the middle of March.

The department has also launched internal investigations on a number of staff as the result of the findings and recommendations outlined in the report from the Inspector General.

Tom Felker continues to be acting Warden at CIM. Felker left his position as Chief Deputy Administrator at High Desert State Prison on March 17, 2005 to assume the acting role. Kris Sisto and Aref Fakhoury remain in their acting capacities as Chief Deputy Wardens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: CA Dept. of Corrections

Link to Article: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050610/sff076.html?.v=1

LA CHINITA
06-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Do U Or Anybody Else Know Anything On Why Cim Is On Lockdown? I Talked To My Boyfriend This Morning And He Said They Were On Lockdown But Wasnt Sure Why! Well Ill Talkto Him Tonite Again (i Hope) If I Have Any Updates Ill Be Sure To Let Everyone Know.

Laura