View Full Version : How Am I Supposed To Do This???

SHERRON
04-10-2003, 07:37 AM
I went for a visit last Sunday( APRIL6)......hoping to have a picture taken of me and Todd together......but it seems now Texas has decided NO MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I only have one picture of Todd since he went in over 2 years ago......I am wondering am I suppose to go the rest of my life with no more pictures of my son...........JESUS CHRIST........THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb:

Phil in Paris
04-10-2003, 08:08 AM
I'm sorry for this Sherron, and yes, this is not fair !!!! Maybe all Texan families could file a complaint about this, and hopefully things will change ?

All my best wishes
Phil xoxo

lulu
04-10-2003, 08:19 AM
I wish Tx would make up their minds. One day they do, the next they dont. For crying out loud, would someone please tell me what it hurts to take darn pics? and who keeps changing these rules? The unit or who?

SHERRON
04-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Thanks Phil.......but I think Texas needs to be invaded by the marines for any change!!!!!!!!!......Lulu....I know ......what does it hurt to take a freaking picture........it's not like they are giving them away.......if they were smart they would charge more for them to get their rear ends out of debt :fb: :fb: :fb: :fb:

lulu
04-10-2003, 08:32 AM
Well it is not like they are commiting a crime for crying out loud. I would realy like to know who cahnges these rules? I mean surly not every warden is getting together and plotting with each other.

SCLady
04-10-2003, 08:35 AM
Sherron,

This is so unfair :(

I can imagine how much you would like the pictures, what a bunch of junk.

How possibly could pictures do any damage?

deb
04-10-2003, 09:22 AM
This is awful.......

Deb

cember
04-10-2003, 09:40 AM
they should at least let you bring your own camera if theyre unwilling to take pictures.. im so sorry!

sherri13
04-10-2003, 10:24 AM
I do not understand why they would want to stop taking pictures-it is yet another way the DOC can make money ...

What reason did they give (if any) for stopping?

Valerie
04-10-2003, 10:29 AM
I'm sorry Sherron, I think that is terrible.

lulu
04-10-2003, 10:46 AM
I would like to know that too. Sherron, what reason did they give?

Barbara
04-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Sherron, I am with you here, my son Richard has been in the SHU at Pelican Bay for over 10 years now. They allow no pictures, no phone calls and visiting is only behind glass. It has been over ten years since I have touched my son much less gotten a picture of him, this really sucks. At one point I faxed them a letter telling them that I would be glad to buy a Polaroid camera and the film if they would only take a picture of him so I could give it to my mother who is 80 years old. I know she can never make the eight hundred mile drive to visit him, it would kill her. OH I offered to let them keep the camera too. Well they said NO canít be bothered with doing something as nice as this for your loved ones out there. I am doing the next best thing right now, you know Dale my sonís celli is an artist, he is doing a portrait of Richard for me. Maybe one of your sonís friends could do this for you? Now this might help, why donít you put up a petition here at PTO and ask everyone to sign it. Asking the wardens of the prisons to please honor your requests. You never know maybe they wonít want a bunch of mothers raising hell out here about this. Itís worth a try I will sigh it. Love Barbara

albajo
04-10-2003, 06:09 PM
WELL IT MAY HELP TO DROP PRESIDENT BUSH A LETTER HE IS A TEXAN AND A FATHER AND A CHRISTAIN; EXPLAIN HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE YOUR CHILD LOCKED UP AND YOU ONLY HAVE A PIC OF HIM 2OR 3 OR 10 YEARS OLD NC IS THE SAME WAY YOU CANT TAKE PICS NOW IF YOU ARE IN FEDERAL PRISON THAY LET YOU DO PICTURES; THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS ROTTON TO THE CORE !!!!!!! GOD BLESS YOU AND GOOD LUCK

Budwoman
04-11-2003, 02:16 PM
Sherron

I have the same problem now... It used to be where we could have pictures made at each unit. Now, only about 2 medium custody units let you make them... All of the minimum custoday ones will allow pictures. I have been told its because some of the inmates were stealing money from the picture fund, so, they stopped making them????

Who knows..

I hope you can get one soon..

Love ya
Donna

Joy
04-11-2003, 06:30 PM
According to TDCJ, the reason the pictures are being stopped is that some of the guards were pocketing the money. In order to stop this, they stopped pictures. Trust me here, this one is being fought. Hang in there. Pictures will be back.

Joy

~cheenna~
04-11-2003, 07:30 PM
I agree with your complaint 100% Sherron ... but I don't think our Lord had anything to do with it.

SHERRON
04-12-2003, 05:56 AM
Joy........this sounds about right!!!!!!!

BillysAngel
04-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Sherron
I will ask tomorrow if this is true for all units.
Joy,
I don't see how the C.O.'s could pocket any money because when you take the picture, you are given a carbon copy of the receipt with the inmates DOC# on it and it's kept in a spiral bound receipt book. I definately will check into this for sure though!!! I am visiting Billy tomorrow. Last visit they were doing pictures. They do it now at different units all through the state on different weekends. The pictures are $3.00 a damn picture!! DUH, lets use some of that money for toilet paper!!!! lol
diane

Joy
04-13-2003, 07:50 AM
I know, I don't understand either. However, that is what the families of the guys on DR were told. Guess they had to give us some kind of excuse......:confused:

albajo
04-13-2003, 06:39 PM
HEY I JUST HAD A IDEAL; EVERY FEW YEARS THAY UPDATE PIC ON THE INMATES FIND THE TX DOC SITE WHERE YOU LOOK UP INMATES AND AS THAY UP DATE PICTURES YOU COULD PRINT THEM OFF ON YOUR PRINTER; IT WOULD BE BETER THAN NOTHING LOVE AND PRAYERS ALBA

SHERRON
04-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Alba.......that's a good idea.......but the only pictures they put on the texas site is the guys on death row

BillysAngel
04-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Ok everyone, I went to see Billy yesterday and I asked one of the C.O.'s. He said that on the 1st full weekend of each month, they take pictures at Hughes.... just to let you know. And I asked about them stopping and they told me NO!!!! That that was only for certain units and certain custody levels.
diane

~cheenna~
04-14-2003, 07:29 PM
I saw Marcus yesterday ... he is in the Bradshaw Unit and they are taking pictures, same as others, $3.00 apiece.

Budwoman
04-16-2003, 10:19 AM
Some units do not write receipts.... They are supposed to use the picture money for recreation items for the inmates here... In fact the Guards just oversee the picture taking. The money is handled by inmates and I know for sure that is why we are loosing ours....

All the low custody prisons still allow pictures, but medium and max do not...

Looks like they need to get a handle on the money, rather than stop the picture taking HUH????

Donna

SHERRON
04-18-2003, 06:25 AM
I got a letter from Todd yesterday and now the ferguson unit says no more magazine or newspaper clippings........I guess the next thing will be no more mail.......:fb: :fb:

Budwoman
04-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Sherron.... This one is absolutely rediculous.... As long as the Magazines come from a Publisher, I do not see what the big deal is.... And Clippings, what is wrong with that... Are they afraid we will put drugs into the ink on the page??????

Stupid- How stupid

Donna

SHERRON
04-19-2003, 06:55 AM
Donna......I don't know what in the world is wrong with this Ferguson Unit..........but they are getting worse and worse............I am gonna write the omdbudsman about this place.......I mean there are other units in TX that are still having pictures done and I have sent Todd newspaper clippings since he has been in........so I can't figure this one out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fb: :fb: :fb: :fb:

Budwoman
04-20-2003, 06:34 PM
Keep on fighting honey, Let them know how you feel and ask them what the big deal is... Point blank ask them why they think this needs to be done?

Love Ya
Donna

OndrasMom
04-22-2003, 09:37 PM
I am so sorry that this has happended to you and your son. The system is always trying to make it hard for us and our loved ones.
hugs
DruAnn