View Full Version : New York Prison Facility Photos

chinikfb
08-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the pictures. Now i have an idea of what the infamous Sing Sing looks like; my friend is there....Peace

ohiogirl
08-19-2004, 08:17 PM
Jeffsprincess - this is where Jeff is at?
It looks yucky! :(

jeffsprincess
08-19-2004, 08:21 PM
jeff is there. its not great, but its one of the nicer prisons i think, i guess cause its on the water!! but yes my babys there. the strangest thing to me is that this prison is in a town, like there is civilization right around the corner. i guess there taxes are really low!!! lol!

M_Lutes
08-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah, it's crazy to walk past a street full of houses to get to the gate. That's where Steven is, too. It's a short walk to the train, though. I guess that's really convenient for people who don't drive.

I don't know if any of you have ever been to Coxsackie, but that's the same way. Two prisons right next to each other, cross the railroad tracks and there are the schools and the village...it's creepy.

Mrs. JV
08-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Elmira C.F. is like that too! It's on a street in the middle of town with houses all up and down the same street. There are churches and an elementary school and a college all within a few blocks.

daWifey
08-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Is this Orange county jail in Goshen NY? If it is when did they rebuild it?

bella
08-24-2004, 10:04 AM
I will merge all the threads with pictures of the facilities. In the future please place any photo's of facilities in this one thread. THank you for posting them! It is very interesting to see the pictures!

mzpeachez
08-24-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks for all of the pics! Its good to have a visual on some of these places.

Manzanita
08-24-2004, 07:48 PM
thanks Bella!!! You did them ALL???? cool!!!

Lacey1984
08-25-2004, 01:50 PM
thanks so much for the pictures, i am glad to i got to get an idea of what places look like, but did looking at them make anyone else kinda sad? it's just so hard to imagine that's the placeswhere our men are :(

XOJAE'SBABYXO
08-25-2004, 01:54 PM
Totally makes me sad :(!! It just makes you miss them even more if it's even possible!!

starzzmom
08-29-2004, 09:37 PM
WOW!!!!!!! Those are some amazing pictures. Did make me a little depressed to see that's what they live in, but then again it made me feel good to see where my hubby is (Sing Sing) Thanks for the pictures - good job!

DAVE NYC
08-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Seeing those pictures brings back a lot of memories. I spent time in Attica, Auburn, Clinton, Comstock (Great Meadow), Green Haven, Sing Sing, Wallkill, Washington, Mt. McGregor, Bare Hill, Cape Vincent, Watertown, Edgecombe and Lincoln. Not including the biggest prison/jail in the world "Rikers Island." I got transferred a lot, either because the administration did not want me to get too comfortable in one place and I also put in for transfers to help break up the bid. Sometimes they would transfer me and sometimes I had to wait awhile. But, I will never forget where I came from. Those prisons change a man...sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst. Only the strong survive. It made me a stronger man. But, I would never want to go back.

I started jailing in the 80's and I am happy to say that I'm through with all that stuff. I have been off parole for about 10 years. But, when I see those pictures of the different prisons...I can clearly remember every minute I spent in those hell holes and I am grateful that I was able to get out of the system. Looking at pictures from the outside in is much better than looking from the inside out.
:thumbsup:

DAVE NYC
09-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Downstate Correctional checking new arrivals in the BullPen
I have been in that very same bullpen (many times), you are led there from the bus and that is where your chains come off and after that you are told to keep standing around the bullpen with your backs to the wall/benches that surround the bullpen. Then a C.O says "This is NOT Rikers Island, if you have a shank or anything that can be construed as a weapon, throw it in this cardboard box (A box is placed in the center of the Bullpen). The guards say if we find any weapons you will be recharged for carrying a weapon in a NY correctional facility. Then the guards leave the bullpen to give the inmates time to throw their weapons in the box. Then you see a handful of dudes throwing razors, shanks and anything else that could be used as a weapon. Mind you this was the late 80's and Rikers Island was a Butcher Shop and a Blood Bath and it had a different mentality of inmates back then. Then the few inmates that threw their weapons in the box quickly went back to where their were standing. Then you heard keys of the guards walking back to the bullpen to see what goodies were in the box. After seeing a few razors and shanks, he would say "you are off to a good start here at Downstate, if we had found these weapons on you, you would have regretted it." Then they remove the box and proceed to shake down each inmate, once an inmate is finished being shaken down, he is asked to put his hands close together and lean with his head touching the wall (that way, the guards know that inmate was searched and nobody can pass him anything because his hands are close together above his head on the wall). But, there is always an idiot that thinks he can get over and they find a razor in his mouth, they tell him to spit the razor in an evidence bag and the tell the other inmates" don't to turn around," the inmate that had the razor is whacked in the knees with a nightstick to the ground by a bunch of guards and they handcuff him and take him to the box (SHU) pending new charges, I saw drops of blood on the floor where they roughed up the inmate that had the razor. They do this to show that the guards are in complete control and to set an example. That bullpen is the first stop you make when you enter Downstate...then it really gets maddening:(

K-love
10-23-2004, 11:14 PM
HI iznam, my name is K-love and i have to say that these pictures are nice, i alway's wanted to know what Elmira Correctional Facility looked like or atleast a clue, if you find anymore pictures please post them. If you can find some pictures of Lyon Mountain Correctional Facility that would be just great:)

frita
01-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Any pics of Rikers? my baby is in the GMDC building and I would love to see how the inside of the facility looks.

BMndBabygirl
02-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Those pics of attica arent so pleasant... i guess its not supposed to be but DAMN!... Makes me miss him even more. What a shock.. we lived in luxury and now that! *sigh* only 20 more months!

jabbasgirl33
03-05-2005, 02:53 AM
Hi; Not much on Auburn, how resent are those pictures. Have any more updated ones,if so please view when you have the time!

B.G
04-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the visual, it helps.

Bless,
BG;)