View Full Version : Federal Correctional Complex - Beaumont, Texas - Pictures

David
05-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I am going to add the pictures that I have of FCI Beaumont as I go... I will come back and give as much information as I can on each photograph, especially on the "Medium", where I did my time.

The weather was crap outside so the quality of the photographs are not what I like to see but better something than nothing, right?

I'll start with the drive to the complex..

1. Picture of the sign & turn-off road that takes you directly into the Federal Correctional Complex at Beaumont. I still remember seeing this sign for the very first time with a very sick feeling in my stomach knowing I wouldn't be coming back out of this road for a while.

2. First view of the physical entrace to the complex and the towers at the U.S.P.

3. A closer-up view of U.S.P. Beaumont and the gate entrace, which I have never seen a person at any time I have been through there.

I had no idea where I was going so my first though was Holy Crap! That place looks scary and I am going to be living there!? Well, I figured it out a few hundred yards later when I discovered that was the U.S.P., however I wasn't off the hook by any means as the "Medium" isn't much nicer, if you want to call prison nice at all.

David
05-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Below are pictures of the Federal Correctional Institution - Beaumont - Low.
This is considered low security only because it has (or had?) open movements during the day. You will still notice the double fences and razor wire if you look closely. No joke about it... Nobody is getting out of here until R&D lets them out.

Pictures are not really in any specific order.

David
05-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Below are pictures of the Federal Correctional Institution - Medium - in Beaumont, Texas.. Actually, it is out in the boonies but still considered Beaumont, at least as far as the P.O. box is concerned and proximity to the town. I am not actually sure if it is in the city limits or not so don't hold me to it.

I know the most about the "Medium" as I lived there for around 2 years. I will come back in a little while and describe all the pictures in detail and areas in the pictures.

quinn
05-29-2005, 04:54 PM
My husband was held in the county jail, right up the road from the prison complexs and though the address is in Beaumont, the collect calls came from a Nederland exchange, so it was considered long distance and the charge was higher.

mystique
09-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Does anyone have info on the Beaumont facility, what's it like?

CBoy88
03-16-2006, 06:26 PM
Does anyone have the actuall address to Beaumont, Its a need to know thing.

SusanT
03-16-2006, 06:33 PM
cboy88,

Go to www.bop.gov and then Facility Locator. It will give you the addresses.

SusanT

petnanny
03-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Below are pictures of the Federal Correctional Institution - Beaumont - Low.
This is considered low security only because it has (or had?) open movements during the day. You will still notice the double fences and razor wire if you look closely. No joke about it... Nobody is getting out of here until R&D lets them out.

Pictures are not really in any specific order.
David, i want to thank you for providing the photos of Beaumont Low. my BF is trying to get transferred to this facility, and i was curious as to what it looked like.

randy1967
04-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I am not able to view any of these pictures. The site says that my account does not have sufficient privileges.

SusanT
04-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Randy, try to PM FedX.

peniel0607
04-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have info on the Beaumont facility, what's it like?
What do you mean with what´s like, inside or?

Calyndula
04-29-2008, 01:01 PM
My man has been at Beaumont Low for 3 years now. He has gotten along well enough by not brown-nosing the CO's, following the "inside rules" (like every man has his "own" chair for watching TV) and not getting into fights, like about what TV channel to watch. There is a library, there is a gym, there is a rec yard with some sports, there are crafts and things to learn (he's learning steel guitar at the moment!), there is the usual prison culture. It's not fun and games, but he's OK.

Celexa
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the pictures Dave. i know this is considered an *old* thread, but everything on this site is New to me

Stangloverswife
01-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Celexa which beaumont facility is your loved one at?

Celexa
01-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Celexa which beaumont facility is your loved one at?
He just arrived at FCI low

Stangloverswife
01-21-2009, 06:15 PM
oh okay there a couple people here with loved ones in the low :)

Virgi_1981
08-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Glad 2 see pictures of the low where my boyfriend is at. He jus got moved in last week but I still have not recieved a phone call from him.

lpiceage
01-09-2010, 09:31 PM
:d:d:d

lisa*n*jme
01-31-2010, 02:58 PM
I'll be so glad when I never have to see this place again!! I'm at that medium 1-2 times per week!!! And still have two long years to go.:(