View Full Version : Information for Chino

DREAMYLATINA
05-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi,
Could anyone inform me how it it in Chino. My man is going to get transferred next month. And I would like to know if there is a difference between Centinela and Chino. Another question I have is do I have to input another visiting form. Or does it roll over to the new facility?

RPinSD
05-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi,
Could anyone inform me how it it in Chino. My man is going to get transferred next month. And I would like to know if there is a difference between Centinela and Chino. Another question I have is do I have to input another visiting form. Or does it roll over to the new facility?
Hi There

Your in luck my partner has been there since Nov, 2004 and I'm very well versed on Chino. It all comes down to what yard he ends up on. The sucky thing is on transfer he will do about 2-3 weeks in reception before being sent to his final yard and my man said that 3 weeks was the worst he experienced. After that though he got moved to a level 1 yard, contact visits, a job within a month and canteen galore. Visiting is easy up there, MSF can get busy sometimes, but is well organized. East yard is really easy to visit and Central Reception can take about 20-40 mins to get in.

Overall, if he will be placed here to do his final time, then I think him and you will be happy with CIM over other locations around the state. The level 1 MSF yards and Del Norte Yard are pretty easy rides and not a lot of politics.

PM me if you have any specifics you need to know

Oh and no you do not need to get approved to visit again, it carries over!

Richard

Jenn4Bri1
05-29-2005, 07:37 PM
My boyfriend is currently in Chino(but leavin to a restitution center on tuesday). He hates it there, to me, they are always on lock down! but he'd rather be there then any other prison. When he was in reception it took to up to a month and you really can't get any contact visits when you are in reception, but some do. Visiting isn't bad at all. It's contact and it can last up to 4 hours and you don't have to get a new visiting form. It transfers over :)

Bread-N-Water
05-31-2005, 10:37 PM
I work at Chino (CIM). What do you want to know?