View Full Version : how long for approval at LCI 4 vistation?

bIgMiKeSlAdY08
05-26-2005, 05:00 PM
I was wondering how long it takes after u send in the visitation papers to LCI to be approved and after u are approved what do you have to go through in order to visit like do they strip search :eek: and things like that.

thanks CAssandra

ShannonL
05-26-2005, 05:35 PM
I think it depends on the prison and the workload... it took a couple weeks for mine to get approved. I called once but they weren't allowed to tell me anything. Brant told me when he found out I was approved. I got a letter from them about 1-2 weeks later that said i was approved and included the rules for visitation.

There's no strip searching! No searching at all, actually. :) It says you might have to go through an interview, but you don't. YOu just go up there and when you tell them it's your first time, you'll have to fill out a piece of paper, then they'll let you go in. They'll check to make sure your clothes fit the rules, and if you are carrying anything inside, they'll check it, and they'll make you take off any sweaters or jackets, so make sure you don't wear anything sleeveless!

Let me know if you have more questions. I know it's so nerve-wracking the first time!!!

bIgMiKeSlAdY08
05-26-2005, 05:48 PM
thanks shannon, is Brant at LCI? i am so so very nervous lol but i can not wait to see my baby:D

ShannonL
05-26-2005, 07:39 PM
No, he's at North Central. Sorry I left that out. I think the process is the same, though!

rottn
05-27-2005, 12:17 AM
It took me 4 weeks to be approved to visit Lebanon. They ask you like 5 questions then send you through the scanner. They have you lift up your pants legs and show the top of your shoes and then you can go through the gates.