View Full Version : Woman who helped kill boyfriend's parents given death (Texas)

softheart
05-26-2005, 12:56 PM
May 25, 2005

Woman who helped kill boyfriend's parents given death

Associated Press

FORT WORTH, Texas - A woman who helped kill her boyfriend's parents so he
could inherit a $1.65 million estate was given the death penalty Wednesday.

Chelsea Lea Richardson, 21, was convicted of capital murder Tuesday in the
shooting and stabbing deaths of Rick and Suzanna Wamsley in their
Mansfield home on Dec. 11, 2003.

Susana Toledano, one of four co-defendants in the case, had testified that
Richardson told her to kill the Wamsleys so they could share in the
family's estate. Toledano, 20, pleaded guilty to a murder charge in
January.

The jury deliberated for just more than two hours before unanimously
sentencing Richardson to lethal injection.

Richardson is the first woman in Tarrant County to receive the death
penalty, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported in its online editions
Wednesday.

"You see, she accepts no responsibility for her actions and shows no
remorse," prosecutor Mike Parrish said. "Some capital cases deserve the
death penalty. This case deserves the death penalty."

Richardson's boyfriend, 20-year-old Andrew Wamsley, is charged with
capital murder. His trial is scheduled for September.

Hilario Cardenas, 25, is charged with conspiracy to commit capital murder
and is accused of supplying the group of friends with a gun. His trial
date has not been scheduled.

---

Source : Associated Press

elmachoxp
01-29-2007, 08:04 AM
huh, i'm glad not in the USA... that sucks .. killing women .. I saw a documentary on Reality zone ... very nice ... killing people when there are not clear evidences .. just shame .. very disappointed .. You are more disgusting than terrorists in Iraq ...

beez0811
01-29-2007, 09:04 AM
huh, i'm glad not in the USA... that sucks .. killing women .. I saw a documentary on Reality zone ... very nice ... killing people when there are not clear evidences .. just shame .. very disappointed .. You are more disgusting than terrorists in Iraq ...It is the friendly Texas way of doing things. :no:

JnJ2hearts1soul
01-29-2007, 09:09 AM
That is crazy. they are kids murdering family for money. this is the worst. I'm so sorry that their lives has been ruined. I hope other kids/ppl learn from this.

cathy100
01-29-2007, 09:09 AM
huh, i'm glad not in the USA... that sucks .. killing women .. I saw a documentary on Reality zone ... very nice ... killing people when there are not clear evidences .. just shame .. very disappointed .. You are more disgusting than terrorists in Iraq ...
I dont think its fair to make such a sweeping generalization, its ok to attack a "SYSTEM" and say it is disgusting but i dont really think we should judge an entire nation on that.

Schmusi34
01-29-2007, 12:18 PM
As if showing remorse would make a difference. It can never be enough. And who can say what is going on inside a person who is trying to fight for their life. I just hate silly statements like that.

crzyrussell
01-30-2007, 11:55 AM

I am sure we can learn a lot from the Romanian justice system, right? I do think it is unfair to make such sweeping generalizations. I don't know how Romanians feel about murder, but most Americans have no tolerance for murder, and even less for murder for financial gain. Murder is the ultimate crime of selfishness. We don't like that here.

In case you didn't know the terroists attack people they know can't defend themselves because they are cowards. They depend on passive attacks so they don't have to fight it out themselves.

techietype
01-30-2007, 04:31 PM
In case you didn't know the terroists attack people they know can't defend themselves because they are cowards. They depend on passive attacks so they don't have to fight it out themselves.

Although this is a bit off topic, I feel compelled to comment. Terrorism is a tactic of war, nothing more and nothing less. War sucks because it kills hundreds of thousands of people, usually for rather poor reasons. And in war, just about anything goes.

It is always a good idea to know and respect one's enemy. In fact, I think it is essential to winning. Terrorism is a weapon of the weak. If Al Queda had a fleet of ICBM's and a modern army, I'm sure they would prefer their use to suicide bombers. Strapping a bomb on one's self and blowing yourself up for whatever cause you believe in strikes me as a very couragous act, even though I find doing so completely repellant.

Targetting civilian populations? That happens all the time in war. What do you think we did in bombing Dresden, or the firebombing of Tokyo, or for that matter Hiroshima? Does it require more courage to be a suicide bomber or to carpet bomb civilian populations from 30,000 feet the way that we did in Viet Nam?

I am in no way endorssing terrorism. But at the very least, I think that we should recognize it for what it is. Part of that recognition involves acknowledging the courage and determination of the enemy.

TheBakerMan
01-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Terrorism can be a part of war, true, as part of an end game. But in todays climate terrorism is not part of war, it is part of a minority group attempting to impress their will on a majority group. In the case of war, between countries, their is always a chance for negotiation. In the case of terrorism against ones country, there is no chance for negotiation.

The

techietype
01-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Terrorism can be a part of war, true, as part of an end game. But in todays climate terrorism is not part of war, it is part of a minority group attempting to impress their will on a majority group. In the case of war, between countries, their is always a chance for negotiation. In the case of terrorism against ones country, there is no chance for negotiation.

The

Why is there no chance of negotiation? Because one group flatly refuses to negotiate with the other? That's absolute nonsense. Perhaps negotiation will lead no where, but the door should always remain open.

Minority groups impressing their will on a majority group? I remember when they said exactly the same thing about Dr. Martin Luther King. Fortunately, King believed in non-violence. But you are also describing exactly the situation that led to an awful lot of civil wars. Let me ask you this. If 51% of a group of people say that it is okay to oppress the other 49%, does that mean that the other 49% do not have a right to fight back, particularly if that oppression makes their life a living hell or even causes them to die?

Valentina
01-30-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm glad people outside the U.S. are seeing our policies and practices for what they are. A very famous Norwegian criminologist likens the US policy of mass incarceration to extermination of population. I agreed after reading his work. I know people will hate that, but many people around the world agree with him.

mia_101
01-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, but to say 'killing women' like that....if you don't agree with the death penalty, fine. But impying it should only apply to men gives women a carte blanche to do what they want.

I'm a woman so I'd love to have favoritism if I did something wrong, but it wouldn't be fair.

susan the finn
01-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Ok, maybe she (this romanian woman? ) meant that we here in Europe don't have death penalty and it's a shame you have there in US? That's how I understood it. Just my 2 cents, no offense to anyone

Susan

bookieworm2000
01-31-2007, 06:33 PM
I agree with you to Susan plus sometimes language usage has many different meanings. I do not feel she was putting down all the ppl. of the US

elmachoxp
01-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah, you're right Susan ... Just i was angry ... :(

And somebody said, that is not a good idea to do a generalization .. i think it is .. if the hole nation does something .. than things can be changed ..

About 'Iraq' .. at first i agreed with US policies .. but when saw how many hundred of thousand iraqis and 3-4 thousand USA soldiers (including romanians, hungarians) were killed there ... I can't agree anymore .. it's just not right .. Did you see?? "
Of the roughly 20,000 soldiers injured since the start of the Iraq war, more than 500 have lost a limb -- many of them in roadside bombings.
" ... That's a fact ... I don't know but you have to do something about it ... maybe you're the next out there .. As i saw on a webpage .. no matter what your mother/daughter did how could you feel if you'll know that he/she will be killed by the state next week .. and you can't do anything about it???? That's said ... :( .. God will judge ... (I saw another case .. when a woman was freed from death row after 20 years!!!!!! 20???? ... And who will give her life back to that woman??)
Read about a case when there were no clear evidences but TEXAS killed the person (Francis Newton - the wikipedia sais).

Rip for all those KILLED by the STATES!!!!

: sorry for my english

elmachoxp
02-01-2007, 06:10 AM
Just read this: >> It happened today! It's reality!

------------------------------------
Texas Executes Man for Killing 2
By MICHAEL GRACZYK
The Associated Press
Tuesday, January 30, 2007; 10:06 PM
HUNTSVILLE, Texas -- A man was executed Tuesday for killing his pregnant wife and mother-in-law four years ago.
Christopher Swift, who spurned appeals that could stop or delay his execution, made no final statement.

elmachoxp
02-01-2007, 07:07 AM
Just coming up in 2007 (until august) JUST IN TEXAS!!! Stay toon ... :(

02/07/2007 Offender Information Jackson James 999272 06/13/1959 Black 06/17/1998 Harris
02/22/2007 Offender Information Anderson Newton 999355 08/08/1976 White 05/15/2000 Smith
02/27/2007 Offender Information Miller Donald 728 06/12/1962 White 12/04/1982 Harris
03/06/2007 Offender Information Perez Robert 999322 06/29/1958 Hispanic 07/29/1999 Dallas
03/07/2007 Offender Information Nichols Joseph 709 09/08/1961 Black 03/12/1982 Harris
03/28/2007 Offender Information Gutierrez Vincent 999262 10/01/1978 Hispanic 04/14/1998 Bexar
03/29/2007 Offender Information Pippin Roy 999170 999170 White 11/03/1995 Harris
04/18/2007 Offender Information Henderson Cathy 999148 12/27/1956 White 06/01/1995 Travis
05/16/2007 Offender Information Smith Charles 953 02/24/1966 White 11/01/1989 Pecos
08/15/2007 Offender Information Parr Kenneth 999312 01/16/1980 Black 06/07/1999 Matagorda

Well, good luck everyone .. I had no idea that is happening in the USA .. but that's it (i know more about USA) .. just going back to my life ...

bye all!

Jillian
02-01-2007, 10:48 AM
I understand your concern about the death penalty but this thread is about the woman who helped killed her bf parents, please keep this thread on topic

Arkyfaith
02-08-2007, 07:17 PM
LORD help them all