View Full Version : Writng Gov. Easley for a time cut

SwanksMom
05-23-2005, 05:58 AM
Hello PTO members, My son had mentioned something about writing Gov.
Easley to get a time cut. Has anyone ever heard of a case concering this? And if so what is the process. Thank you and God Bless.:)

terrysgirl0422
05-30-2005, 09:18 PM
I have recently hired an attornty for my boyfriend- it is called a request for commutation. Seek an attprney from my understanding this is the only way that he will actualyy pay attention to the letters.

SwanksMom
06-03-2005, 06:12 AM
I have recently hired an attornty for my boyfriend- it is called a request for commutation. Seek an attprney from my understanding this is the only way that he will actualyy pay attention to the letters.
Thank you terrysgirl for that information. I'll let my son know that is what he should do before he does anything.:)

kim a
09-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi,
You can write Gov. Easley, but let me tell you, he is the hardest Governor to give pardons or cut time of any Governor that North Carolina has ever had. Something else that you can look into is a MAR (Motion for Apropriate Release) Any lawyer in North Carolina can help you with that. Good Luck!!!!

jbsgirl
02-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Hello PTO members, My son had mentioned something about writing Gov.
Easley to get a time cut. Has anyone ever heard of a case concering this? And if so what is the process. Thank you and God Bless.:)

VERY very few are granted this ...and its under the clemency dept on the govs web site .....but it even states there ...it hardly ever happens ...god how I wish it did work