View Full Version : About Sonny

lilivoryangel
04-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Over 300 people wrote the governor about my fiance's case.(www.geocities.com/freedomfortheinnocent/)
Well, I received a lovely letter today stating there is nothing he can do!! Whatever. So I now have a nice bumper sticker that says "Sonny Perdue doesn't care about racism and injustice in GA". It seems he only cares about the flag....I am disgusted and I hope someone in the media will listen soon. I just wanted all my GA people to know what a JOKE our "SYSTEM" is!!!!!

lulu
04-04-2003, 04:43 PM
I am sorrry, but please never give up

KRIS_NC
04-04-2003, 04:59 PM
DO NOT GIVE UYP THAT IS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO DO STAY STRONG AND CONTINUE TO FIGHT.....GOD BLESS

DENIMBLUE
04-04-2003, 05:43 PM
DIG DEEP INSIDE YOURSELF AND FIND THE STRENGTH YOU DID NOT KNOW YOU HAD AND KEEP GOING. DON'T GIVE UP!

lilivoryangel
04-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Yesterday cried and cried. It is frustrating because his office called me back about how much he cares and wishes he could do more etc. They gave all these numbers for the Bar Assoc. Judicial Qualifications etc. I am already doing ALL that. I hope someone listens soon. Thanks for the encouragement.

~cheenna~
04-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Hang in there Tammy...
And by all means... keep calling all the numbers you have found or been given, including recalling the govenor. I really think that they think if they blow enough smoke up your butt that you will just quietly go away... bull pucky... don't ever give up, no matter what they tell you, keep in the back of your mind that they are most likely lying, BIGTIME!!

{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}

rdslove
06-25-2003, 10:52 PM
I'm by no means on sonny's side,,,,,but by law he has no pull with the status of inmates.....Geaorgia Board of Paroles and Pardons have total and complete control over the determination of inmate cases. So its not really his fault....but his office is very helpful of giving the information neccessary for your fight.......Also if this helps any contact An organization called Georgians for Equal Justice.....They are very helpful and can point you in the right direction.....The other organization you can contact is Southern Center for Humane Rights.....Just look them up in your search engine.

MikeVI
06-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Another good contact is Prison and Jail Project out of Americus, GA
Phone # 229-924-7080.....Good people that are truely looking for change and justice...They have a yearly Freedom March (In early September ) that helps refuel Me and my wife through this endevor.

Georgia's politics are what impacts the 3rd world mentallity of the GA DOC.....Son's been in for 3 years.9 months, 11days for a crime in many states would result in a $2000 fine and lawyer fees. The day he gets out will be the last day the state of Georgia sees him again......Incredible ignorance just in one small area....Georgia was an original colony turned into a prison colony by the British Empire." Another example, that the nut dosen't fall very far from the tree.":argh

deb
06-26-2003, 05:53 PM
Hang in there and don't stop fighting..... ((hugs))

Deb

lilivoryangel
06-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Well, maybe I was a little hard on ol'Sonny, but I am disappointed in him in many areas. I am a teacher too and that isn't quite going as we were lead to be belive either. I was also sad to learn that a man who wrote Sonny about his case got the SAME letter I got. We had over 300 people write. Why do Gov. in other states have more "pull" than in GA? A difference in law? That's why I gave up and began seeking help from those who know PB members. I will continue to fight for justice.............Thanks for the contacts.

MikeVI
06-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Freedom March....September 7th through the 13th....Covering: Camilla-Newton-Albany-Morgan Arlington-Blakely.....A week-long "Journey for Justice"

More Info: Prison and Jail Project / P.O> Box 6749.
Americus, GA....229-928-2080/ Fax # 229-924-7080
:dance:

Kebela1
08-15-2003, 12:18 AM
I am sorry to tell you that I received the same letter. I think it is a form letter that they send to anyone that writes for help. They also sent me the same addresses to write to for help. You are right, in Georgia the flag seems to ve the issue. Just fly the American flag and forget it. My son had an accident, his best friend died and the boys family fought for my son in court. They don't care. They just want to have the largest incareration rate in the land I think. This boy has been considered to have commited a violent crime. One that could happen to anyone or anyones family. The boys made a very poor judgement. I consider violent intentional. Anyway, good luck with your fight, and please pray for mine

softheart
08-15-2003, 12:26 AM
Georgia is not the only State that the governors hands are tied and it is the Parole and Pardons board that has the word. It is just a matter of State laws for which way it is.

In fact because of Gov Ryan, alot of the States where the Gov has that kind of power are looking at changing that.

softie