View Full Version : Early Parole in Louisiana

adbrick
05-15-2005, 12:01 PM
My husband wants me to find out how to request an early parole hearing. A guy he was in with (just released) told him to have me see about early parole.

I have not been able to find anything about an "early" parole. The only thing I have found is the Risk Review Panel, is that the same thing? :confused:

Does anyone know? Any help would be appreciated.

Angela

DoingTimeinLove
06-28-2005, 09:49 PM
I dont know about early parole, but i found the same thing about the Risk Review Panal. I think the earliest parole date is 1/3 of his sentence.

Elizabeth

ChandaMija
07-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Yes, risk review panel is same as the pardon board. Your hubby should request a review/appeal his case after he has finished one-third of his sentence. You can file for his parole due to hardship. It works best when he doesn't have any write-ups, cell-ins, solitary confinement consequences, nor additional crimes committed in the correctional facility.

kenlovejer
12-05-2007, 07:00 PM
do you have to be married to him in otder to file for hardship? We are engaged and have children.

AWOL7
02-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I guess I have the same question as the previous post. We are getting married also and have two children. How do I find out if he can apply for early release? and where do we apply? He is currently at a work release facility and has less than a year left. He initially was supposed to be eligible for early release for 4/1/08 on his rap sheet, but LA DOC changed his status mid-way thought his time and now says he'll be out on his original release date next year. Any help would be appreciated.