View Full Version : sanchez unit - Texas Prison - Texas State Jail

AnnMaree
05-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know anything about the Sanchez Unit. I need as much information as possible i am worried about my husband and i havent received a letter from him in a long time are they on lock down please someone help me thank you
Ann Maree

jessnkat
05-13-2005, 09:20 AM
AnneMaree, Welcome to PTO!

I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about this unit.

You can give them a call. I'm sure they will tell you if there is a lockdown or something going on. Lockdown should not affect the mail though. But TDCJ is known for slow mail service.

Here is the info:

Sanchez State Jail
3901 State Jail Road
El Paso, Texas 79938-8456
(915) 856-0046

Here is a link to the TDCJ website with more info about the facility if you're interested:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/rz.htm

I hope everything is fine and maybe there will be a letter today!!!

cwcdfwtx
04-23-2006, 05:19 PM
I didn't know about the Sanchez unit being locked down. Has anyone heard an update? Also does anyone know how I can get a hold of the chaplain at the unit?

sapphirediamond
04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Sanchez was on lockdown last month. It has really slowed down the mail since then. My fiancee got a letter from his grandma from over a month ago and it used to take three days for mail to get to him and to me, now it takes a week. So don't despair, their mail is running SLOW!!

COMIN HOME
05-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Sanchez Unit is a really laid back unit. All the offenders there are "non-violent" and treated pretty well over all. My boyfriend was just transfered from there this week and he was there for2yrs. He does his time well and never had any problems there at all. Be thankful your loved one is there b/c it could be worse. The mail system tends to run slow at times and they have no mail systems on the weekends so dont panic if communication slows down at times. If you call up there, they are really nice and helpful and treat you like a human being and dont shove you to the side. The chaplain is great and really takes his job to heart and does his best to help you. Dont EVER expect them to deliver messages - even if its an emergency!!

fpastorino
06-12-2006, 01:56 AM
Are you planning to visit Sanchez unit? My aunt is looking for someone to share travel expenses with so she can go to visit my uncle?

lovemyraiderfan
06-27-2006, 09:54 PM
My spouse said there were alot of Arian Nation Gangs there. He just witness a huge bloody fight last week. I am scared out of my mind and worried to death about my husband.