View Full Version : Inmate trust fund at TDCJ

Russell
04-01-2003, 12:38 PM
I know an inmate that is in the Texas prison system. I would like to set up a direct deposit from my bank account to his inmate trust fund account. Is it possible for me to do that online?

LadyHawk
04-01-2003, 01:23 PM
I will check my info and see. I don't think you can do it on line. I will get back to you as my records aren't with me at the moment. So give me an hour.....

LadyHawk
04-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Ok, you can arrange for an automatic deposit from your checking account to the inmates trust fund. However, you must send in a voided check. The only thing I can find that you can do on-line is what is called "Western Union Quick Collect On-Line" Go to www.westernunion.com for web transactions. For each Quick Cllect transaction you must provide the following information:

Pay To: TDCJ - Inmate Trust fund
Code City and State: TDCJ/TX
Account Number with Facility: Inmate TDCJ Number and Inmate's last name
Attention: Inmate last name and inmate forst name
Transaction fee and Deposit amount.

Hope this helps.

LadyHawk
04-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Oops...P.S. You have to have an authorization agreement for automatic depsits to an inmate account also. The Inmate Trust Account people can send the form to you if you want to do an automatic deposit. A copy of a voided check would be attached to the form and then sent in to INMATE TRUST FUND, p.o. bOX 60, hUNTSVILLE, tX 77342-0060 Your account would be debited either the 5th or the 15th of every month. You choose which time.

danielle
04-01-2003, 02:41 PM
Wow Ompa! You're so cool. ;)

LadyHawk
04-01-2003, 04:52 PM
awwwww shucks.......(blushing) thanks danielle...

Shortie
04-02-2003, 10:33 PM
I have the direct deposit in texas it is wonderful.. I love not having to worry about it and all the drama it causes.. Just a simple debit and there it is. :)

Kenneth Oneil - KO1
04-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Kudos on that! The direct deposit kicks ass. I just got out so I know what I'm talking about. LOL. Used to be when all money had to be sent by snail mail to the Trust Fund account you were at the mercy of the postal service and TDCJ admin to process it and have it on your books in a timely fashion. Thank God the prison system finally decided to use a process a bit more updated. Talk about drama the snail mail route to Trust Fund caused. Inmates pacing their cells sweating bullets wondering if their money would be there tomorrow for commissary day!

JacksGirl
04-03-2003, 10:02 PM
ok now I must know. is Tx the only state that does this?

CLARI2329
05-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Is there any way i can send money to an inmate in dominguez state jail online?

Lupe
05-11-2010, 02:26 AM
I know an inmate that is in the Texas prison system. I would like to set up a direct deposit from my bank account to his inmate trust fund account. Is it possible for me to do that online?

you can also do it through jpay if you have a debit card with a mastercard or visa logo... www.jpay.com (http://www.jpay.com)

oops. I forgot this thread was old and the above poster couldnt do it through jpay!! sorry. my bad!

MrsRE24
05-11-2010, 11:29 PM
yes i was gonna say Jpay does have that option, reoccuring payment