View Full Version : Rap Sheet from the DOC

youngnlov
05-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Hello to everyone. I hope that you are doing well. I was just wondering about how long it was before your loved ones received their rap sheets from the DOC after being sentenced. My boyfriend went to court in November of 2004 and he still hasn't received his sheet. I was just wondering what the range of time was for some of you all's loved ones to get their sheet.

Thanks!

adbrick
05-12-2005, 12:28 PM
If you find out let me know. We are waiting too. Not only for the rap sheet but to be transferred. I called adult services they said have your husband contact his administrator or warden. Their response was "you were ordered by the court to go directly to DOC. We are waiting for your paperwork to be classified as a ready status so DOC will accept you."

charlies angel
05-18-2005, 11:15 AM
my boyfriend was arrested in september but didnt start doing time til march 28

crystal080822
05-19-2005, 09:27 PM
my fiance was arrested in july and sentenced in oct. i called doc and they told me that may 13th they just calculated his time but i called several times and they told me that it only takes 3-5 months so if they haven't recieved anything by that time you might want to call and find out what the hold up is.

adbrick
05-31-2005, 12:10 PM
My husband finally received his rap sheet last week. It took approximately 4 months.

DoingTimeinLove
06-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks ya'll. My fiance wrote for his rap sheet a few weeks ago and they were telling him it shouldn't take long. Now I know it will be a few months before we hear from them.

Elizabeth

Sephiroth73
09-19-2005, 05:51 PM
It took me just over 2 years to get my RAP sheet, and I was writting at least once a month for over a year of that. My mother was also writting to get it to me. Luckily when I got it they had made a mistake and I got out a day early and they can't do a thing about it because I chose to serve my whole sentence (see profile for why)

shawn492002
11-07-2005, 05:16 PM
My brother was sentence in June 2005...and he is waiting to be transfered.Does anyone now how long and where he will be transfered.I only ask this because he was sentence to 12 years hard labor and a 5 year sentence that will run concurrent.Some say when u have such long sentences you will go to Angola.

adbrick
11-08-2005, 06:54 AM
First welcome to PTO it's a great place to find support and answers to your questions. The Louisiana forum moves kinda slow but eventually someone should come along to help answer your questions.

Now to your questions. Getting transferred can take awhile. My husband went in in January he wasn't transferred to a state facility until June. And now with all inmates displaced from the hurricanes, it might be awhile since most places are very overcrowded. I don't think he will go to Angola. My husband has a 15 yr hard labor sentence and the sent him to a private run facility in Epps, LA called West Carroll, but he is a 1st time non-violent offender