View Full Version : Seeking support for brenda wiley

monito
05-11-2005, 05:26 AM
my friend was just 15 years old when she was arrested, eventually waived to an adult in new yersey.later comvicted of double homocide and sentenced to LIFE with 30 years parole ineligibility. she did already 15 years, now brenda is 15 years old and desperately reach out to anyone that will give her a helping hand by writing a brief letter to the govenor in support of her release. She will filling a petition for for executive Clemency and asking that her sentence be commuted.
please who can help us, i live to far away to do that, i live in the netherlands and the only thing i can do is to look on the net and see what sites i can look for and write that to her . thanks for your time mariel van egmond -the netherlands:thumbsup:

english_male_41
06-29-2005, 12:40 AM
There appears to be some major injustice here. I am sure that Brenda would not have got the same sentence if she was convicted of the same offences in the UK / Europe. I am in the UK and I am not sure what I can do to help.:)

english_male_41
02-17-2008, 04:41 PM
still looking for ways to help Brenda

scrumfussel
02-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Hey guys, no offense, but one "friend" is in the Netherlands, the other is in the UK. I followed this story very closely, since it happened in my home town. You guys are far enough away that you're not at risk if she's released. I AM AT RISK!! I realize that 15 is young, but at 15 you know what it is to murder someone!! Why not work at releasing felons in your own areas, and leave NJ's felons where they belong ... IN JAIL!!!

bean123
02-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Prison Talk - Prisoner Family Support, Information & Assistance Community

normally i am not one to jump in the middle of a conflict or potential conflict...but i understand you made your PTO account just to post that message. with that said, i feel the need to point out at the top of your web browser the line "Prison Talk - Prisoner Family Support, Information & Assistance Community" displays there for a reason.

i live a hop and a skip away from where brenda wiley calls home. i dont feel at risk. she's not a mass murderer. i dont think she is gonna come after any of us.

i thoughe she was 17 when she commit her murders (born in january 1975, murders occurred in january 1992). even so...15 or 17, anyone who took psychology in HS or college knows that your frontal lobes of your brain (which are responsible for planning, organizing, inhibiting inappropriate behaviors, and controlling affect and emotion) arent fully matured or developed until you are well on in to your 20s. im not giving an excuse to anyone who commits a crime before theyre like 25...however i am saying 15-17 is a far cry from 25. thats another 8-10 years of developement.

monito and englishmale, i hope you dont take comments such as scrums to heart. people can be very insensitive...and that's not why this site is here.

scrumfussel
03-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey Bean123, I AM supporting someone - the citizens of my town. It's not as if you're an impartial third party - considering your "baby" is now "home," sounds like you have a reason to be more forgiving of felons. I do not. This girl knew, at 15 or 17 or whatever age she was, exactly what she was doing. Are you going to tell me that at age 15 you thought murder was actually OK? I sure the heck didn't! And as far as insensitive, you have no clue about me. I'm a total bleeding heart - when warranted. In this case it is warranted for Brenda's victims, not for Brenda. The only hope I have is that when she is released (and I'm sure she will be some day), that she's had enough time in a cold dank cell to reflect on what she did to her poor family, and that when she reenters society she's a changed person. We'll see.

Dale'sforever
03-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Just a reminder...PTO is a support site for families/friends of inmates. Let's please keep our comments respectful, as Brenda's family could come on PTO and need our support, too. Thanks.

• PTO Community Purpose:
The purpose of the Prison Talk Online community is Prisoner & Family Support, Information and Assistance. While we welcome people with other view points seeking to learn more, anything beyond friendly questions will NOT be tolerated. PTO is not a forum open to debating whether or not anyone should be in prison, should prisoners and their families have rights, etc. Anyone who is hostile to our purpose will be immediately blocked from the community and all of their posts will be deleted. This will be the ONLY WARNING and no notice will be given.

• “Freedom of Speech”:
While we believe very much in the freedom of speech & expression, you DO NOT have an absolute right to say whatever you want in this community. Anything that goes against our core beliefs and the purpose for which this community was designed may not be allowed. Posts and comments that are meant to incite conflicts between members or outside parties are strictly prohibited. PTO Administration has the absolute right to edit, modify, close or delete any content found in this community. While this rarely, if ever happens, we will not tolerate individuals or groups creating problems with the overall membership.

english_male_41
08-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Thank you all for your comments .Such a subject is bound to create strong emotions in some. Please note the comments by Dale'sForever above.

According to my research Brenda was 15 on Nov 8 1990 when she killed her brother and mother - she was sentenced in Jan 1992 when she was just 17. (Source Hunterdon County Democrat)

There are many aspects of this case that disturb me and I will try to list some of them
below.

Although there was publicity at the time - at least I cant find any discussion of it on the net - therefore it has largely been forgotten. I believe that there was a miscarriage of justice and this should be discussed hence my posting here.

From the limited information that I have Brenda was having problems with family (but don't all teenagers) . What was the motive for murder - there was no attempt at a cover up and Brenda had nothing to gain by slaying her family. To me it seems that a verdict of insanity or manslaughter or similar to be more appropriate.

There does not appear to have been enough consideration for her age
Why was she tried as an adult in open session? Given her age more consideration should have been given to her mental health Brenda stated in her trial..

`For some reason that day I didn't control myself,'

Normal teenagers don't go around killing their kin like that because they are grounded or teased or whatever : i believe that there was something deeply wrong in her mind, something badly wrong in her relationships that caused her to act. I believe that she was temporarily insane to the degree that she was not guilty of murder maybe manslaughter or whatever but not murder.

I believe her sentence should be aimed treatment and rehabilitation rather than banging her up for 30 years or so

Another controversial thought that I have :
If my son or my sister kills me , I would want forgive them - because they are my family. ( no I could not actually do so because I would be dead!)

I would be interested if anyone has any more factual information about this trial e.g. articles from the Hunterdon County Democrat or court transcripts . there have been several rejected appeals to my knowledge. Please email if you can help.

Sincerely

egs
08-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Marty,
Have you thought of writing her? There is only one female prison in NJ and you can get her State and SBI No. from the NJ DOC website. I'll bet she would love all the support she can get!!!

isostracy
09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I can speak directly as to what happened with Brenda Wiley. The murders were committed less than a mile from my home. I was a classmate of Brenda's, and actually sat with her on the bus on that afternoon. She was just 15 yrs old when she committed the murders.

People often ask me if I noticed anything unusual about her that day. I can't say that I did. I know the relationship Brenda had with her mother and brother, and it wasn't the healthiest. Brenda's brother was the youngest of 3, and he was absolutely spoiled rotten. He was a "momma's boy" through and through, and her mom was always so much easier on him than she was on Brenda. Brenda's mom made many attempts to live vicarously through Brenda, and I don't think it was the best thing to do. Her mom forced her to do many things she didn't want to do, like gymnastics and being a pitcher on the softball team. She just wanted to be a kid. Brenda was dating a guy quite a few years older than she was (19 I think at the time...nothing when you're in your 20's, but from 15-19 is quite a big difference), and her parents did not approve. She had snuck out of the house a few times, and he had snuck in her house (he lived nearby) and as a result, her parents had nailed the windows shut and took her bedroom door off the hinges. Again, not the best way to deal with a rebellious teenager.

I think Brenda had just had enough, and didn't have anywhere else to turn. Her brother was a casualty of circumstance. He was asleep on the couch and she didn't want him to see what was happening, so she killed him, and rolled him behind the couch. She then called her mom in from the nursery behind their house, and hid in the bathroom off the kitchen. When she came in the house, Brenda hit her over the head with a pipe and then stabbed her multiple times, somewhere around 47-50 if memory serves me right. The local papers repeatedly used the word "bludgeon" and to this day I can't see or hear that word without thinking of her. She was pulled over driving the family station wagon towards the town where her father worked in the meat department of a grocery store. She was headed to kill him as well, but could barely see over the steering wheel, and got caught.

I also understand that she phoned her boyfriend to tell him what she was going to do before she did it, hence the idea of premeditation.

At 15, to have a friend commit a horrible crime like this is life altering. I had known Brenda since 2nd grade, for about half my life to that point. I was subpoenaed, along with a few of my friends, but was never called to testify. Mentally, I think that Brenda was just unable to take anymore. However, I don't think her response was justified. The situation in that household was far from functional. Her mom would call my mom asking how she and Brenda could be close like my mom and I were, and my mom couldn't give any advice that her mom would take. Try as they did, the situation just didn't get better, and everyone knows Brenda's response.

In the 18 or so years since the murders and the 16 since her conviction, I often think about the things I've done in my life; graduated high school and college, began a successful teaching career, married and divorced, seen my high school friends get married and have children, the proms, the parties, the laughs, the tears, and then think about what she's missed out on in that time. She went into prison at 15, and at the end of her term, provided she serves the entire sentence, she will be 45. There is so much of her life that has gone by and so many things she has missed out on as a result of the decision she made in her mid teens.

No matter whether you think Brenda deserves to be in prison or not, please keep in mind that she did have friends at one point in her life, and those friends at least have some insight as to what was happening in her life at the time of these brutal murders. If you don't have the insight, please don't judge.

bean123
09-29-2008, 10:27 PM
very nicely put. thank you for sharing that.

and just as a side note...i never saw that response firected at me from scrum till now because that was just three days after james came home so im sure i was, ugh, busy ;) lol. but im just gonna say sometimes it's better not to respond because i don't wanna get banned, lol. but my feelings are still as they were. englishmale if you do venture this way again i hope you will neglect the people giving you grief and listen to those supporting you!

jasonzwifey2011
10-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Wow - Isostracy - thank you so much for sharing your story. That poor girl. Granted perhaps she didn't make the best choice in dealing with the feelings of hatred for her mother, but what teens DO make good decisions especially when confused and stressed and just snap? Sometimes I feel like I'm crazy especially when dealing w/ bills, and kids, and not enough $$ to pay everything and they bill collectors are calling etc.... u wanna go crazy but have sense enough to sort of say hey I need help here.... teens arent good at that hey I need help thing... unfortunately she just snapped. I really feel for her. I hope she has gotten help (counseling, etc) while in prison in order for her to live a productive life outside.

Continued prayers for her....

isostracy
10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks jasonzwifey. I'm a high school science teacher, and I keep Brenda in my mind each time I come across a student that just doesn't seem happy, and make sure they know they can come to me with whatever problems they might have. Sometimes it gets me in deeper than I wanted, but it's what I feel lead to do. I might not be able to solve the problem, but at least someone knows about it and can get them talking to someone that can intervene and possibly prevent something tragic from happening to another family and group of friends.

jasonzwifey2011
10-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Yes and as the parent of a 16 yo daughter, I appreciate all teachers that are like you. From the outside sometimes we forget being adults we are better prepared to handle stressors (sometimes LOL) and I know when my daughter is complaining about being tired and having to work etc, I'm like what do you have to be stressed about, then I have to pull back and think again what it was like when I was 16.... so thank you IsoTracy for your good work with the teens. We parents appreciate that!

Pezdel
12-14-2008, 04:02 PM
I too can speak from direct experience. Although isostracy said it perfectly. Perhaps we know each other isostracy. I grew up right around the corner too. I rode the bus with Brenda, worked with her and drove her to school. I believe Mrs. Wiley put a lot of pressure on Brenda. I certainly don't condone the actions, but I do think Brenda just snapped that day. I remember it all so well. It was Thursday morning in November(Nov. 8, 1990 to be exact) and we were off from school for the NJ Teachers convention.

Anyway, I am one of the few people that have stayed in contact with Brenda over the years. I still visit her regularly in Prison. I make the trip there about 3 times a year. She is still in the Max unit and will most likely remain there. She will be eligible for parole after 30 years(45 years old). Even then there are no guarantees she'll get out. Hardly a day goes by where I don't think about her and that day when she comitted the murders. She's been through a lot of ups and downs while in prison. I can say that she has done a lot of work on herself while locked up. I do believe she will get out there one day and will make the best of the situation. It will be a struggle for her I'm sure, but she'll have a few people around to support her in the process. I don't know what's right and what's not right with her whole situation. I do know she was only 15 at the time, got tried as an adult and sent an adult prison. That all seems a rough to me.

iceprincessx3
12-21-2008, 05:14 PM
I find it unusual that pezdel and isos only posted on this thread and this thread only and have no activity anywhere else on PTO.

Pezdel
12-25-2008, 08:14 AM
iceprincess- I have nothing to prove here. If you want to question my relationship with Brenda, by all means feel free to do so. I can tell you too, isostracy seems to be very familiar with the situation. I can almost say for certain that she knows Brenda and isn't out to convince anyone of anything.

sjparker
01-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Thank you Pezdel and Isos. for your posting. Brenda is always on my mind around Jan. 20 of each year. We share the same birthday. We went to school together at Delaware Township School in 6th and 7th grade. I spent a lot of time with her and her family. I was devastated the day I learned of the tragedy. I have searched for information on her in the past and again today when I found this thread. Thank you again for your postings.

Pezdel
02-02-2009, 09:05 PM
sjparker- It was definitely a tragedy. It is a sad situation all around. Were you close to Brenda? Have you tried to contact her at all over the years? I was 2 years ahead of Brenda. That would've put me in the 8th grade when you were in 6th.

sjparker
02-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes, Brenda and I were very close in 6th and 7th grade. We did a lot together, we played field hockey and softball for the school teams. Did you attend Delaware Township School? That's where Brenda and I met and became friends. I lived a few miles from her house.

bean123
02-03-2009, 07:05 PM
i've said before in the earlier days of this thread but i guess i have to say it again....

my mama always told me if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all....

sjparker
02-03-2009, 08:46 PM
riri, I'm not suggesting Brenda be awarded parole, maybe you should re-read the posting. I've simply expressed my sadness in this tragedy and for the life Brenda is living as a result.

jasonzwifey2011
02-04-2009, 07:42 AM
YAY Bean!! Tell it again girl.....

bean123
02-04-2009, 09:15 AM

=) hehe

ForMyBoy
02-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Ok, let me understand this someone from the Netherlands is asking people from NJ to write our governor asking for her to be granted clemency for multiple murder conviction. I don't see that happeneing anytime soon. She was tried as a adult, right or wrong, that's not for us to judge, that the way the legal system works in our country.
I sincerely hope that she getting the proper help in prison so she can be a productive citizen when she is granted her release.
BTW, if she just snapped, why wasn't she found incomptent to stand trial and sent to a pysch hospital instead of prison. No response required.

It's nice that she has friends that visit her and write. I'm sure she appreciates her friends and family sticking by her. And I wish you well in your quest.

StacysWar030
02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
This thread is clearly titled Seeking support for brenda wiley . If you do not have something supprtive to say to the members seeking supprt DO NOT POST! I will not post again on this subject but in fact will PM the individuals who continue to voice their "opinion" in a negative manner! This is not a thread to debate who should or should not stay in prison!

Thank you for your cooperation!

Stacy

Leather_Guy
06-11-2009, 12:30 AM
The Plain Truth about Brenda's Situation.

I have been following Brenda's case since her arrest all those many years ago (I lived near the site of the murder); she was a pretty blonde girl that was arrested for and convicted of an unthinkable crime. The media latched onto this case like a dog on a bone and probably skewed the decision of authorities to try her as an adult and influenced the jury’s guilty verdict. After all the feeling of the day was any 15 year old girl that was having sex with her 18 year old boyfriend should be treated as an adult and punished vicariously for this behavior! I am not saying I agree with this mindset.

To be honest about Brenda, she and her family came across as poor, ignorant, white trash, when one heard the older brother detail in court the dysfunction of the Wiley family, it was very disturbing. Brenda had at best a mediocre lawyer, a father that was NOT supportive during her trial (he was also an intended target for her murderous rampage). Had Brenda kept her mouth shut when integrated by police and had a first rate lawyer, she would probably would be out by now.

The wheels of life and the legal system grind very slow and very unevenly. However, tell that to her dead mother and brother, they will never enjoy a candy bar on a prison cot or take a walk in a prison exercise yard.
Looking over the photos of her at trial, after conviction and over the years in prison, her eyes tell the story a young girl turned into a hardened, jaded woman.

I suspect that Brenda will be released from prison AFTER she has served her 30 years (after which point she will be at least 45 years old). Did she and is she wasting her life? Yes, she probably has wasted her life through her actions; I wish every teenager in America could read about Brenda and know what became of her! I also feel that through the grace of God there go I!

Furthermore, I suspect that the reasoning of the powers that be to keep her in prison, go along the lines that history tends to repeat itself and Brenda in her late 40s will be unable to have children. Can anyone in all honesty say that Brenda would be a good mother, after her upbringing and decades in prison? Brenda will sit in prison in all likelihood for another 15 years, in the meantime, I urge her to get an education and/or job skills so that when she is released she can support herself and live in society as a functioning human being. Had this crime been committed in a less liberal state than New Jersey she may well have died in prison.

Just some food for thought!

english_male_41
08-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi thanks everyone for their posts - I have not drifted away- I just had some serious family issues of my own to deal with - berevement.

jasonzwifey2011
08-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss English Male... :(

kin to brenda
07-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi, I was wonder if you still can contact Brenda> I am her cousin although she probably doesn't even know of me. But, I am interested in anthing you could help me with to try and email her. ThanksI can speak directly as to what happened with Brenda Wiley. The murders were committed less than a mile from my home. I was a classmate of Brenda's, and actually sat with her on the bus on that afternoon. She was just 15 yrs old when she committed the murders.

People often ask me if I noticed anything unusual about her that day. I can't say that I did. I know the relationship Brenda had with her mother and brother, and it wasn't the healthiest. Brenda's brother was the youngest of 3, and he was absolutely spoiled rotten. He was a "momma's boy" through and through, and her mom was always so much easier on him than she was on Brenda. Brenda's mom made many attempts to live vicarously through Brenda, and I don't think it was the best thing to do. Her mom forced her to do many things she didn't want to do, like gymnastics and being a pitcher on the softball team. She just wanted to be a kid. Brenda was dating a guy quite a few years older than she was (19 I think at the time...nothing when you're in your 20's, but from 15-19 is quite a big difference), and her parents did not approve. She had snuck out of the house a few times, and he had snuck in her house (he lived nearby) and as a result, her parents had nailed the windows shut and took her bedroom door off the hinges. Again, not the best way to deal with a rebellious teenager.

I think Brenda had just had enough, and didn't have anywhere else to turn. Her brother was a casualty of circumstance. He was asleep on the couch and she didn't want him to see what was happening, so she killed him, and rolled him behind the couch. She then called her mom in from the nursery behind their house, and hid in the bathroom off the kitchen. When she came in the house, Brenda hit her over the head with a pipe and then stabbed her multiple times, somewhere around 47-50 if memory serves me right. The local papers repeatedly used the word "bludgeon" and to this day I can't see or hear that word without thinking of her. She was pulled over driving the family station wagon towards the town where her father worked in the meat department of a grocery store. She was headed to kill him as well, but could barely see over the steering wheel, and got caught.

I also understand that she phoned her boyfriend to tell him what she was going to do before she did it, hence the idea of premeditation.

At 15, to have a friend commit a horrible crime like this is life altering. I had known Brenda since 2nd grade, for about half my life to that point. I was subpoenaed, along with a few of my friends, but was never called to testify. Mentally, I think that Brenda was just unable to take anymore. However, I don't think her response was justified. The situation in that household was far from functional. Her mom would call my mom asking how she and Brenda could be close like my mom and I were, and my mom couldn't give any advice that her mom would take. Try as they did, the situation just didn't get better, and everyone knows Brenda's response.

In the 18 or so years since the murders and the 16 since her conviction, I often think about the things I've done in my life; graduated high school and college, began a successful teaching career, married and divorced, seen my high school friends get married and have children, the proms, the parties, the laughs, the tears, and then think about what she's missed out on in that time. She went into prison at 15, and at the end of her term, provided she serves the entire sentence, she will be 45. There is so much of her life that has gone by and so many things she has missed out on as a result of the decision she made in her mid teens.

No matter whether you think Brenda deserves to be in prison or not, please keep in mind that she did have friends at one point in her life, and those friends at least have some insight as to what was happening in her life at the time of these brutal murders. If you don't have the insight, please don't judge.

kin to brenda
07-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Hello, I was wondering if you have an email or someway to contact her. I am interested in emailing her

The Plain Truth about Brenda's Situation.

I have been following Brenda's case since her arrest all those many years ago (I lived near the site of the murder); she was a pretty blonde girl that was arrested for and convicted of an unthinkable crime. The media latched onto this case like a dog on a bone and probably skewed the decision of authorities to try her as an adult and influenced the jury’s guilty verdict. After all the feeling of the day was any 15 year old girl that was having sex with her 18 year old boyfriend should be treated as an adult and punished vicariously for this behavior! I am not saying I agree with this mindset.

To be honest about Brenda, she and her family came across as poor, ignorant, white trash, when one heard the older brother detail in court the dysfunction of the Wiley family, it was very disturbing. Brenda had at best a mediocre lawyer, a father that was NOT supportive during her trial (he was also an intended target for her murderous rampage). Had Brenda kept her mouth shut when integrated by police and had a first rate lawyer, she would probably would be out by now.

The wheels of life and the legal system grind very slow and very unevenly. However, tell that to her dead mother and brother, they will never enjoy a candy bar on a prison cot or take a walk in a prison exercise yard.
Looking over the photos of her at trial, after conviction and over the years in prison, her eyes tell the story a young girl turned into a hardened, jaded woman.

I suspect that Brenda will be released from prison AFTER she has served her 30 years (after which point she will be at least 45 years old). Did she and is she wasting her life? Yes, she probably has wasted her life through her actions; I wish every teenager in America could read about Brenda and know what became of her! I also feel that through the grace of God there go I!

Furthermore, I suspect that the reasoning of the powers that be to keep her in prison, go along the lines that history tends to repeat itself and Brenda in her late 40s will be unable to have children. Can anyone in all honesty say that Brenda would be a good mother, after her upbringing and decades in prison? Brenda will sit in prison in all likelihood for another 15 years, in the meantime, I urge her to get an education and/or job skills so that when she is released she can support herself and live in society as a functioning human being. Had this crime been committed in a less liberal state than New Jersey she may well have died in prison.

Just some food for thought!

bean123
07-01-2011, 04:13 PM
unfortunately NJ state prisons dont allow email. you can write to her:

Brenda Wiley - 808151B
Edna Mahan Correctional Facility - Women
PO Box 4004
Clinton, NJ 08809

exranger
11-04-2011, 04:00 PM
This thread brought back a lot of memories, as I was a reporter back during this trial and covered it from start to finish. I still wonder about this case, not about the facts, I think they are fairly well accepted by everyone, but about the causes and the sentence. I thought it wrong that she did not have legal representation there when speaking to the police, or a family member (yes, I get the irony).

Still, this is America and she was only 15. I sat behind her frequently during the trial and one day, shortly before the judge arrived to start the days proceedings, I was munching on an entire roll of lifesavers - these trials could go long - when she turned around in her seat and asked me if she could have some. Strange, such a small incident to make such a lasting impression on me. It was years later before I realized why it had done so. The look, manner, etc., of it all was that of a child, not an adult.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the reporters thought she was just a child - slightly off kilter, tragic, etc., but still just a child - and should not be tried as an adult.

So did I. Anyway, does anyone really know how she is doing??

bean123
11-04-2011, 06:42 PM
This thread brought back a lot of memories, as I was a reporter back during this trial and covered it from start to finish. I still wonder about this case, not about the facts, I think they are fairly well accepted by everyone, but about the causes and the sentence. I thought it wrong that she did not have legal representation there when speaking to the police, or a family member (yes, I get the irony).

Still, this is America and she was only 15. I sat behind her frequently during the trial and one day, shortly before the judge arrived to start the days proceedings, I was munching on an entire roll of lifesavers - these trials could go long - when she turned around in her seat and asked me if she could have some. Strange, such a small incident to make such a lasting impression on me. It was years later before I realized why it had done so. The look, manner, etc., of it all was that of a child, not an adult.

Contrary to popular belief, most of the reporters thought she was just a child - slightly off kilter, tragic, etc., but still just a child - and should not be tried as an adult.

So did I. Anyway, does anyone really know how she is doing??

your post gave me a lot of insight...thank you for that. hopefully someone who keeps up with her will come around and let you know how she is doing. you can always write her too... maybe pen-pal-ing can answer some questions.

english_male_41
11-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Yes she was found guilty, Yes she is serving her sentence. Yes she needs friends and support just as everybody does in a difficult situation.
Looking for friends and support for Brenda. This is a prisoner support request in a prisoner support forum.

Tina
11-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I am going to be writing her in the next few days. :)

movado
12-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Years ago almost 20 now I myself had served some time in Nj's prison system. It was a time in my life that was dark and filled with drugs. While there, Brenda was in the county jail going through her trial. She was sharing a cell with a longtime friend of mine and I happened to end up writing Brenda. She had gotten transferred after sentencing to Clinton. We had continued to write for some time but she chose to cut that off and I think adjusting to the prison life had really bothered her. I have often thought of her and wondered how she has been, really felt that the sentence she had gotten was not right. 30 years is a long time. Since that time I have watched a 4 year old girl grow up to go to college and graduate. I have gotten married and divorced myself, purchaced two pieces of property and started a business that lasted many years. So much has happened since I last wrote her. If you do talk to Brenda you can tell her Jeremy says hi she will know who I am. Hope she is ok and I am sure she will get out some day. It will be very hard when she gets out but she will do ok.