View Full Version : What does "in transit" mean?

kim110756
05-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I have been waiting to see when I'm going to spend the next 21 months and I check the BOP site every day. I just looked and it shows me "in transit". What does that mean?

titantoo
05-07-2005, 01:52 PM
It means they know you are coming but you are noit yet in the system, as I understand it...others will know for sure and likely will respond soon.
Meanwhile welcome to PTO. It is a wonderful place full of kind, generous and knowledgeable people who will do their utmost to help and support you when they can.

kim110756
05-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have found so many helpful people here and have made some good friends here. It's really nice to share with someone who knows what I'm going thru. We all help each other.

TxRhino
05-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Kim

Me Again. "In transit" simply means you are an expected "guest" of the BOP and have not been assigned and/or arrived at you ultimate destination. Once you are inside, this will update and give an expected release date. That date will be when you are expected to complete your time in camp and at the 1/2 way house; not the actual time you will be inside. It takes into account (GOOD TIME). Figuring Good time is a "whole nother can of worms" and will make saine people pull their hair out. The key in figuring good time is to remember 54 days for each 366 days SERVED not 54 days for each 366 Sentenced. If you have more questions... I am here.

KEEP THE FAITH

kim110756
05-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks. You're right, trying to figure GOOD TIME is a real pain.

MissDeville
06-08-2005, 04:53 PM
rerKim

Me Again. "In transit" simply means you are an expected "guest" of the BOP and have not been assigned and/or arrived at you ultimate destination. Once you are inside, this will update and give an expected release date. That date will be when you are expected to complete your time in camp and at the 1/2 way house; not the actual time you will be inside. It takes into account (GOOD TIME). Figuring Good time is a "whole nother can of worms" and will make saine people pull their hair out. The key in figuring good time is to remember 54 days for each 366 days SERVED not 54 days for each 366 Sentenced. If you have more questions... I am here.

KEEP THE FAITH
Tx:
My brother is waiting to self surrender. He was sentenced on May 16, and just today he was shown in transit on the BOP website. We are hoping he will serve his 18months in a camp here in Indiana, hopefully Terre Haute. Do people who self surrender usually go to a camp? It was a drug possession charge of Meth, he has never been in trouble etc... 0 points at sentencing ettc... do you think he will get a camp? Thanks for any help here, new to the world of having someone locked up and scared to death.
Thanks again,
Lisa

Honeymooner
06-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Self-surrendering does not guarantee going to a camp. There are so many variables when it comes to security designation, but, most likely your brother will go to a camp. However, don't pin your hopes on his going to the closest facility. Keep your fingers crossed!

PopStar
06-08-2005, 08:12 PM
I was sentenced in freaking March and I have yet to be designated - or appear on the BOP web site. I just got an extension on my self-surrender date. Stress is killing me.

TxRhino
06-08-2005, 10:41 PM
MISSDEVILLE,

First welcome to PTO.

As you have been told, there are many factors that play into getting designated to a camp. Length of sentence and points will be major factors. It is also true that there are no absolutes as to what camp (if any) he will go to. Sorry, but it is true. I do firmly believe, if the judge has made a recommendation for a specific location, the BOP will try to honor it; however, again many factors play into this. If you have more specific questions, I will do my best to point you in the right direction. KEEP THE FAITH.

Michael :thumbsup:

PopStar
06-11-2005, 11:14 AM
I just showed up on the BOP site as 'in transit'. Yesterday, I was shown as being in Long Beach CCM. Still awaiting my letter.

iluvhaddydaddy
10-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Hello,,basically ma babe is listed as "In transit" on the BOP website, and been listed that way for the last 2-3wks. I'm new to the whole prison thing, and its VERY stressful. The last time I talked to him was right before he was listed as "In transit", and its scaring me. What does it mean when your "In transit", and how long before ill hear from him??
THANX A MILLI