View Full Version : **Before they went in or After ...New York Members**

B.G
04-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Hey Ladies,

This is my first Thread (I hope). I am just curious....Did you know your sweeties before or after they went behind the wall (locked up)? Me and my husband were high school sweehearts. Either way: What brought you together?

Bless,
B.G:)

LeaAnn
04-26-2005, 10:28 PM
My ex b/f I met him before he went in this time but was his pen pal on his last stay before he got out. My present guy I met before when we were teenagers and now we are both turning 40!!!

CougarsGrl4Ever
04-27-2005, 07:03 AM
I met my husband after he was in. A friend introduced us because his father had cancer and she thought Matthew could use a friend,,,well he got that and then some,,,LOL. We met in Oct.16th, married Feb.4th.

tuttles
04-27-2005, 11:11 AM
I have known Stephen for 15 years, we got married last December after he was in the county waiting for the "ball to start rolling" We spent 14 years weaving in and out of each others lives, and finally managed to get our timing right. We have always been there for each other, the good the bad and the ugly, and now are together forever. Most people don't understand, so I just smile and tell them "The best relationships can not be explained."

marriola482
04-27-2005, 11:36 AM
My boyfriend and I met through mutual friends 2 years ago next month. He had just gotten out about a month and a half before that from his first bid. We were stuck together like two peas in a pod ever since then!:p

knicest
04-27-2005, 11:39 AM
I met my fiancee at work a year ago. It just so happened that he was living at the work release center. We started dating immediately and have been inseperable every since (well, in spirit...lol). After he made parole we moved in together. 4 months later he got arrested again for possession w/ intent of heroin. I have been to see him every weekend to visit and we are trying to get married.

rottn
04-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Welcome to PTO.

starzzmom
04-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi welcome to PTO. We were together before this bid. I meet him at work, 3 months after he was release from his last bid. We know each other almost 6 years and we will be married five years next month, and have a beautiful little girl together.

Manzanita
04-30-2005, 04:58 PM
I met my honey, inside....5 years ago...we got married 2 years ago, and he will be home next Summer :)

B.G
04-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Wow Mrs.G! Thats great. I wish you 2 the best! :D

Bless,
B.G

Manzanita
04-30-2005, 07:47 PM
thanks! ;)

Ceegee
04-30-2005, 08:04 PM
JJ and I met when I was 13 and he was 15. We have been in and out of each other's lives for 22 years. We always knew how to find each other if need be. Now, we might acutally be at the same place at the same time. Hopefully he will be paroled next year and we can continue our journey.
Welcome to PTO.

PhillyGurLL
05-04-2005, 10:49 AM
I met my husband two years ago in Philadelphia. He moved from New York and didn't know anyone here. I stayed his friend for months and showed him around until we finally dated. Now we are married and have a baby on the way.

Jaynell
05-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I have known my friend since we were 14 he was my first love, we have been on and off, we are still going threw the motions.

daWifey
06-11-2005, 04:12 PM
I was with my baby 2 years before he went in. he's been locked up 5 years now and we got married 2 years ago. We will have known each other 7 years this July 4th!

haswtch
06-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I met him as a fugitive and gave him a ride to the trooper barracks to surrender. I WANT HIM BACK!!! I could do a much better job taking care of him than they are!

nimuay
06-11-2005, 07:09 PM
My ex pulled into my barn looking for someone else. We spent the entire afternoon sitting in the bed of the truck talking. Can't remember who he wanted to see originally.

Ken'sWife
06-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Welcome to PTO!

PowandVonne
06-11-2005, 08:08 PM
I met my husband while he was in. We have been together 3 years, married 7 months. :o Up for parole this summer :eek: :)

Hope4US
06-11-2005, 08:58 PM
I have known T for about 13 years. We were introduced through a mutual friend(my best) when we were both 13 years old! We became kinda tight but it was a friendship and nothing more. Three years later T dissapears. I was then told that he was locked up and that we would not see him again until around 2000.
When he came home for some reason something snapped in the both of us and we bagn to look at eachother in a different way. We dated for approx 3 months but then we separated and stopped talking. In 2002 he pops up again and we hooked up again. I ended our relationship because of his drug problem in 2003(That hurt me so much to do that).
We continued to "Talk" and mess around but there was a lot of bitterness and resentment. Then in 2004 I moved away just to clear my mind. when I returned later that year ready to talk to him again, i found out that he was locked up.
Although I put on a brave face, i was crushed.
Now here we are once again talking to eachother sorting things out. Apparently our relationship got ruined but the love never left:o

here's to hope!

BTru2Me
06-11-2005, 11:19 PM
OK,well this is going to sound like an episode from Jerry Springer,LOL,but bear with me!I first came in "contact" with my Baby through his Mom.She asked me if I would write to her son,that she thought it would be good for both of us.No romantic intentions,just someone to correspond with.I,at first,shrugged it off,thinking"What the H*ll could I write about to a convict?!"Finally though,she pestered me enough to get me to decide that I would go ahead,what did I have to lose & if it helped him have something to look forward to then why not?So in my first letter I introduced myself as his cousin!
OK,let me back up a bit!You see,his Mom is my Aunt!(this is where it sounds weird!LOL!)But only through marriage,she married my Uncle 5 years ago.My Baby is her son from her first marriage,my Uncle is her fourth husband,so there is NO blood relation what-so ever!The funny thing is,she has another son from her second marriage & I still consider him a cousin!LOL!But where my Sweetie's concerned,who was I kidding?!Cousins?!!Yeah,right!!LOL!We've been writing to each other since Oct. 15th,2004 & our feelings for each other have grown into a deep love for one another!He is the sweetest,handsomest,sexiest man I've ever known & I'm so glad his Mom,My Aunt,kept pushing me to write!I truly believe he is a gift from God to me!And he calls me his "ANGEL" because he believes only God could've given me to him!
OOPS!Sorry so long!I have a habit of not being able to shut up when it comes to him!LOL!Take Care,B

Momma Ann
06-12-2005, 07:46 AM
literally since he is my son (and don't remind me about that day in labor!)--but I am struck by how many of you have known your loves since you were teens--and how they wove in and out of your lives..

Gives this now-single 54 year old hope! Now, if I could only think of someone who has been in my life that I would want back....LOL!

thatwiz
06-13-2005, 10:03 AM
I met my man four years ago in Disney World at the House of Blues. We started dating when we got back to NYC and have been together ever since.

PhillyGurLL
06-18-2005, 07:33 PM
thatwiz - I love house of blues! I am from Florida, but moved to philly...did you live in Florida at the time? or were you visiting? I am from Kissimmee, fl..

AngelRose
07-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Met my hunny(kinda) before he was in, well I say kinda because we only spoke on the phone due to our sons being friends. Then I found out his son died, after he went upstate and I started writing him-one thing led to another((yaddah yaddah yaddah))

Wife C
07-05-2005, 09:43 PM
I met my husband after he was already in. We've known each other for 4 1/2 years and will be married for 3 years in Aug.

rywill
07-06-2005, 07:29 AM
We met before he was in almost 12 years ago at an adult PJ-birthday party and dated for about a year before I moved away for a job opportunity. We really hit it off, more than we both had ever planned for. We hooked back up five years ago, while he was in and got married two months ago.

Ms. Cuteness
09-02-2005, 08:56 AM
i met my hunny while he was in, we were pen friends, i sort of fell inlove with him before we actually met i know it sounds weird, i know if it did not happen to me and someone told me about it i would laugh in their face and asked if they were crazy, anyways we remained friends for a long while, things only started to get serious when i moved away to Maryland...bummer!!. i love him to death, and pretty soon he will become my husband.

LadySmith
09-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I met my Snuggles while he was at country two years ago and we have been going strong ever since.