View Full Version : can i send him a package?

ToAsTy
04-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi all i was curious as to wether i can send my hubby a package, or even if Ohio allows it, he is at NCCI (north central correctional institution) in Marion.
If i can how can i buy these? :confused: can i buy anything and put it in a box and send it or what? :confused:
I live in Australia. Is there a site which i can use? :confused: What are the rules of items which go into packages.
I am currently being processed for his visiting list... pitty i still can't go and see him anyway :( . But that's just a whole other story.
Any help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Raebear
04-22-2005, 08:24 PM
You can send it to him if you are on his approved visiting list. I assume you are. http://www.drc.state.oh.us/web/forms.htm will give you a list of forms which tell what's allowed. Have him send you a form though beacuse the back of them lists the details as to the dimensions and weight of the box. Oh, you might want to check to see if he is allowed a box and how many. My guy is @ CRC Cadre and is only allowed 3/year. It's my undrstanding that not all institutions allow boxes. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any more questions.

albmonsters
04-22-2005, 09:16 PM
Toasty,

Check with your boyfriend and see if he can get packages. Ohio allows either a Food or a Clothes box. If he is in a regular dorm, then he will probably only be allowed 2 per year. Honor dorms are allowed 3 per year. Also, a couple of the institutions are stopping the boxes as of May 1st. Also, you can only send 30 pounds of stuff and it must fall in the guidelines on the paper. Visit the site provided above for the lists. If it is even 1 ounce over 30 pounds they will send it back.

seansgram
04-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Check If His Institution Allows Them, There Are A Lot Now That Are Not Allowing The Boxes Anymore. They Have To Buy All Thru The Commisary. That Is How The Prisons Are Making More Money Off Our Loved Ones.

ToAsTy
04-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks for all of your help girls. So i can't just send him a package without him knowing about it can i? i was hoping i could have because it's going to be our 1 yr anniversary real soon, and i wanted to surprise him with something. He has to send me the form right? or can i ask the institution where he's at to post me one?.

Ravenslove
04-23-2005, 06:04 AM
no even where they are allowed boxes there is a form that they must get approved.

Doc's Sis
05-13-2005, 06:28 AM
YES, you can surprise him with a box! Just print the form that's at the DOC web site. That's what I did. Then complete the form with all the details they want. THEN: make a copy of that completed form. I made two copies - one for me and one to put inside the box. The original I put in an envelope and taped it to outside of box - and that's the form they used to check in the items.
Just be very, very sure the box weighs no more than 30 pounds. Try to make it a few ounces less than the 30 pounds to be sure they won't return it to you!

sdylan06
05-13-2005, 07:36 AM
toasty just make sure you are approved for sure first..........i've sent a few packages to north central already, so if you need any help (well,have any ?'s) let me know......they were a lil more lineant when it came to the clothes, unlike a lot of ohio prisons, before i couldn't send him anything w/any type of symbol (only solid blue and green), but now i've sent him nike jogging outfit, hats, etc....let me know if you need help (but girl, at this point, he's probably set .......double digits!!!)

ToAsTy
05-14-2005, 12:32 AM
thanks lady's :D

sdylan06 your a tripper! yeah your probably right about him not really needing anyhting, but you know how it is. I want to make that man of mine happy, it's strange though, he's already sending letters saying what time he'll be out etc, it's ages away!!! anyways back tot the topic at hand. I really want to send him candy, candy and more candy :D
do they have a limit as to how much i can send i know that the weight limit is 30lb but is ther anything else that i need to know?

MsChiku
05-14-2005, 10:38 PM
:wave: (((Toasty))) On the Food/Sundry form/list, it specifically states:

Candy Bars - 3 oz size, max of 24 Bars
Candy - see thru bags. No foil wrap. No hollow type 16 oz, max of 2 packages

That's all it allows for candy. But there's so many other things so check out the site (((Raebear))) mentioned and click on DRC4092 Standard Food Package List Best Wishes :thumbsup: Sabrena :)

ShannonL
05-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Toasty,

I've sent some to Brant at NCCI too, if you have more questions! It looks like everyone has answered them so far, though. I'm working on a clothes box for him right now.

sdylan06
05-16-2005, 04:09 PM
here toasty, i know you wanna make your #1 and only happy.....here's the list and rules for north central, i'll also post it in appropriate thread

samantha :)

MsChiku
05-16-2005, 04:50 PM
:wave: (((sdylan06))) It may just be my software :o but I'm unable to open your documents. :hmm: So for those of us who are unable to open this document, the next best thing to do is go direct to the site mentioned by Raebear for now :

http://www.drc.state.oh.us/web/forms.htm

Thank you

here toasty, i know you wanna make your #1 and only happy.....here's the list and rules for north central, i'll also post it in appropriate thread

samantha :)

sdylan06
05-16-2005, 05:01 PM
oops sorry, didn't even see raebears post!!

MsChiku
05-16-2005, 05:42 PM
:wave: No problem, it's great how everyone jumps in to assist;) thanks much :thumbsup: Sabrena :D

oops sorry, didn't even see raebears post!!

Doc's Sis
05-17-2005, 05:03 AM
The food list tells you how much candy you may send. Don't try to send more than what they state on the list. Also, I found out that they can purchase quite a few things at Commissary, so why send things they can get there? Is best to ask him what he'd like to receive - and if it is on the approved list, then send it. And be very sure you are on the approved Visitor list or your package will be returned to you. Is anyone else sending things to him? He may receive only ONE food package so if he already got one from a family member, your package will not be accepted! Sorry, but those are their rules.