View Full Version : Anyone faced this before?--any suggestions?

gagirl770
04-22-2005, 01:49 PM
:confused: As I stated before, my h is at a county jail on a parole violation. It will be up in September. In the meantime, he has a new charge in a different county. They attempted to serve the warrant at my home but my h was already in the county jail. I called Gwinnett County and asked them if they planned to transport him to face the charge, I was told they couldnt come and get him until the DOC sends notification stating that they can. SO, I called the DOC and they agreed that it was more logical for my h to face the charges while he's just sitting there waiting to be shipped to prison, however he didnt' know who I needed to talk to in order to get this done. Anyone know something that might help me. I have accepted that they are probably gonna wait until September, and then go and get him to avoid anything running concurrent, but I wanted to try and do what I could for him to get him in the system quicker. He needs drug counseling badly! The funny thing is, they have him slated to go to diagnostics in Jackson, heck, by the time they send him and he gets through it, he will be ready to be released! I guess he will have to go back through it again after he faces the charges in Gwinnett!!??? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help, advice, support
gagirl770

1dayatatime
04-22-2005, 01:53 PM
HUMM--I say call the DOC back and choose the option that says "prison related manor" and ask to speak with a supervisor. As you know the DOC always gives conflicting answers. If that doesnt work email or PM Irisheyes here in the Ga forum. She works with/for the Carter Foundation and maybe she can help you.

Good luck
ONE

beautiful1116
04-22-2005, 07:26 PM
I went through a similar matter. I had to go through our general sessions court clerk (which i sthe court system that he was charged through), I had to tell the court clerk where he was at and she did everything else. THe court system just had to know where he was at so they could notify the appropriate authorities so they could go get him. so he ended up serving time for two charges, now he is in whitfield county waiting to go to jackson. i hope this helps some. good luck.