View Full Version : Disappointed again...why am I not surprised?

Gemini4lif
04-16-2005, 07:46 AM
I flew to Georgia in November with the intentions on seeing my husband. My father in law was supposed to take me. Excuse after excuse and he never wound up taking me...I had to get my girlfriend to drive me there.

Flash forward to now...we were supposed to be going to Wheeler to see my husband today for a 2pm-7pm visit. Why has my father in law not answered his phone all night and this morning? Why am I not surprised.

I havent seen my husband in 6 months and no one in his family seems to give a rats ass. I give and give and all they do is disappoint me. This is definitely it for me. I have to really buckle down and get me a car now...seeing as though he has proven yet again, he cant be trusted, let alone depended on.

So now here I am at home, dressed and ready to go and no way to get there. I am so upset it is beyond belief. I cant stop crying.

Very sad day for me guys...but I will make through. I always do.

Patrice

MiaBellaAngela
04-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Awww honey. Can you take a bus or train? I am so sorry. What an unsupportive family. I hope you tell your husband how they are treating you.

Gemini4lif
04-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Im on the phone with him now...he is LIVID.

Gemini4lif
04-16-2005, 07:51 AM
And Mia...

no, there is no bus that I can take that goes to Alamo, GA. I already tried that route--the closest I can get by bus is Savannah and that is still 2 hrs away from Alamo. I am just going to have to wait this one out until I get my own car.

1dayatatime
04-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Patrice,
I am so sorry! I wish we were closer and I promise I would help. You do have to get you a car. It may not be exactly what you want but it will get you to see your man. I say get something fairly new with a warranty and then when he gets home ---wham you can trade it. OK???? A honda? You can get a new civic really cheap and great gas mileage and there resale is awesome. Just a thought.

I wish I could help, is it to late to rent a car and go tomorrow. I swear if I was you I would NEVER ask them to help with anything again--EVER.

Call me if you wanna talk.
ONE

Gemini4lif
04-16-2005, 07:54 AM
The problem with the car rental is that you need a major credit card... I have a prepaid mastercard.

1dayatatime
04-16-2005, 07:55 AM
uh---does your rommie have one you can use?

Girl--I am so sorry.

ONE

Gemini4lif
04-16-2005, 08:05 AM
No, she doesnt have one. She was going to drop me off in Griffin to my mother in laws house, but since he is not answering his phone, no point in going there now.

My husband is pissed beyond belief. I dont blame him. Family is a mo'fo...Its so sad...they dont have to send money, pay for calls...nothing. And let me down two times already? I am so done it aint even funny.

Patrice

1dayatatime
04-16-2005, 08:08 AM
You gotta get a car Girl--thats all there is to it. If you are bound not to buy one yet you gotta get a major credit card.

ONE

(((I will call you in a few---gotta get the kids in the car to run an errand)))

Smokelady
04-16-2005, 08:08 AM
You know Patrice Enterprise lets you do rentals with a prepaid credit car and they also do cash deposits. So maybe you should go with them. Wish I was on my way to Ga to see my husband I will surely swing by and pick you up, I feel for you becasue you have told me all of the things you have done for your in laws. It is not like you really need them only for transportation so just look into the Enterprise thing and let me know or PM me.

tweetwashington
04-16-2005, 08:12 AM
I'm very sorry. I wish I could offer you some suggestions. I just really don't have any.

I really hope things work out for you. :)

Gemini4lif
04-16-2005, 08:12 AM
My husband and I just talked it out...basically its like this...I havent seen him for six months already...so what is another month? Under no certain circumstances will I EVER ask his father for shit, so getting a car will be put higher up on the list...but my place comes first. I just hate getting excited for something, only to have it crash and burn right before my eyes. And the sad thing is, another PTO member was GOING to Wheeler today, but I told her to go on ahead without me because my father in law gave his WORD that he was coming through this time. I am so disappointed. But its all good, this does nothing but make me work even harder.

Patrice

optimistic
04-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Girl I hate I am traveling for work, if I was there I would take you....I promise you that! I read you post and felt so bad because I almost started to come home this weekend and then was like never mind. Girl you gotta get a car, it's too hard trying to rely on other people. But, you can get a rental car through alamo with a $300 deposit I think!!! I know when I first moved I was the rental car queen and hertz lets you rent with no credit card. Girl get on the phone and start calling. I didn't have a credit card when I first moved and I know I got a car through hertz and alamo. Let me know how it works out.

woundedangel
04-16-2005, 08:59 AM
God Bless you...................STOP being there for your inlaws and tend to yourself and your family...........Good Luck with a car

Ravenslove
04-16-2005, 09:11 AM
That Stinks, I am so sorry that your inlaws did you that way. Stay strong and work on getting that car.

1dayatatime
04-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Maybe you and the other member going to Wheeler can meet up in the next week or so. I know you are hurt---I can only imagine!!

Its all gonna work out!!

ONE
((I am back home now so you can call me back on my land line))