View Full Version : package ?

dolphina
04-15-2005, 12:32 AM
If I want to send out a quarterly package... Do I need a form or something? Or can I just go ahead and place an order? What is the process?

butterflydazzel
04-15-2005, 01:42 AM
You can do it through the internet at http://www.californiaqp.com/

My guy sent me the catalogue and a filled in order form with the things that he most wanted;I then used this to choose the articles and send the order over the net. I think they can only have one package per quarter and it must not go over a certain weight.

You have to know some details like whether he is a grade A or B condemned and it might be a good idea to ask him directly what sort of things he might like.

Hope that helps you :) :) :)

Pm me or email me if you have any probs.

dolphina
04-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Did you have to enclose the form he sent you though?
Or can I go ahead and send him his package without a form?

butterflydazzel
04-15-2005, 01:50 PM
No I didnt send in the form he sent me. I just ordered directly from the internet using his list as a guide to what he wanted. I put in a few extra quantities than those he asked me for with some of the things that I know he likes. If you ordered from the internet you dont need to send the form in.

amazed
04-15-2005, 02:40 PM
San Quentin keeps track of which inmate was issued a form in what quarter. If a package is delivered to the prison for an inmate and they did not issue that inmate an order form, the package will be sent back.

dolphina
04-15-2005, 04:51 PM
this is a prime example as to why we need our calls!! He sent me a letter asking if I would do this for him.... Of course I said yes, but I know he wont send me the form until he recieves my reply. Yknow? Hopefully they bring the phones around soon so I can tell him, because the mail is really slow

dolphina
04-15-2005, 04:52 PM
through the internet, do i need to use credit card or can i do money order?

News247
04-15-2005, 06:38 PM
this is a prime example as to why we need our calls!! He sent me a letter asking if I would do this for him.... Of course I said yes, but I know he wont send me the form until he recieves my reply. Yknow? Hopefully they bring the phones around soon so I can tell him, because the mail is really slow

isn't there a number you can call or fax (or, do they have an email address) so that you can contact the prison and ask about the phones?? don't they have a counselor or someone who works with the families and loved ones?? surely to goodness, they have some type of coordinator for issues such as these (?)

News247
04-15-2005, 06:49 PM
through the interne
t, do i need to use credit card or can i do money order?

this should help...then, you can go from this page to the front page
to get to the sections to see what you can order...

http://www.californiaqp.com/faqs.php?Language=0

http://www.californiaqp.com/images/englishtopleft.jpghttp://www.californiaqp.com/images/topcenter.jpghttp://www.californiaqp.com/images/topright.jpg HOME (http://www.californiaqp.com/index.html?Language=0)

Frequently Asked Questions http://express11.expressivetek.com/securepak/images/catimages/faqlogo.gif

Q: What are your shipping and handling charges?

A: You receive FREE shipping and handling on all orders. Compared to shipping packages from your home, this can be up to a $20 savings on a package that weighs 30 lbs.

Q: How do I know what is allowed to be shipped in the quarterly package to avoid sending items that are not approved by the correctional facility?

A: An Access Securepak Representative works directly with the R&R Sgt. to determine what products are allowed at the facility. All items listed on the website under the specified institution have been pre-approved by the administration at each facility. Therefore, the risk of sending in unapproved items has been eliminated.

Q: What happens if I order something and you don't have it?

A: In the event of a backorder our order form provides you with two choices. You can choose to let us substitute a similar item for the out of stock product or you can request a refund for an out of stock product.

Q: What happens if my order exceeds the 30 lb. weight limit?

A: In the event your order exceeds the 30 lb. weight limit, Access will arbitrarily remove items until your order falls below the weight limit. We will do our best to maximize your order.

Q: What happens if an item is discontinued?

A: In the event that an item is discontinued we will substitute an approved, like item in it's place. If a like item is not available, we will issue a refund.

Q: What happens if the person I am sending my order to changes privilege groups and is no longer allowed to receive a package?

A: If you place an order for a family member or friend and his/her privilege group changes while the order is being processed or shipped we will pay to have the order returned from the facility. Once we receive the order back we will issue a refund to you. There are not any restocking fees.

Q: What happens if more than one person orders a package for an inmate?

A: California Department of Corrections only allows one package per quarter. If an additional order is received for an inmate that has already received a package within the quarter the order will not be processed.

Q: What if something is broken, damaged or missing from my order?

A: If something is broken, damaged or missing we will replace it free of charge. We simply require confirmation from the facility's Receiving and Release Department.

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?

A: By phone, fax, or internet, we accept VISA, Mastercard, and Discover. By mail we accept personal checks, money orders, cashier's checks or institution checks.

Q: How do I check on an order?

A: Please call 1-800-546-6283 or write to us at Customer Service, PO Box 50028, Sparks, NV 89435-0028. Or send us an email at customerservice@californiaqp.com (customerservice@californiaqp.com)

Q: What happens if the institution is on lock down?

A: We are in constant contact with the Receiving and Release Departments at each facility. In most cases the facility will alert us to any lock downs that prevent them from receiving packages. In this situation your package will not be shipped from our warehouse until we are notified by the facility that it is alright to send orders again. If for whatever reason your package has already been shipped and is refused we will pay for it's return. Under these circumstances you will be given two options. We can wait and re-ship your order when the facility comes off of lockdown or we can issue you a full refund.

Q: Will the product be delivered to the institution in its original retail packaging or will it be poured into a clear baggie?

A: Access Securepak sells solely to the correctional market and offers the largest selection of coffee, ready-to-heat meals, drink mixes, and seafood products in clear resealable pouches. All of these items are manufacturered with quality materials and are delivered to the institutions without being opened or altered. Therefore, the customer is guaranteed to receive the product they ordered without question.

Click here to return to the home page (http://www.californiaqp.com/index.html?Language=0)

http://www.californiaqp.com/images/englishbrands.gif

rlewis729
04-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Quarterly Packages can also be ordered through www.Walkenhorsts.com (http://www.Walkenhorsts.com); They have a broader selection of items, but their prices are higher than Access.

Butterflydazzel's first post had really good information in it. Only one package per quarter per inmate, and you might want to check with him to see what he wants in it.

fraulein
04-25-2005, 09:45 AM
its really helpful to make your order by phone esp if you pay electronically, because you get to talk to a real live human being and they will let you know what's available and what isnt.

PackagesRUsJZ
05-17-2005, 11:05 AM
To place an order you do not need a order form. As long as you know what he wants you can send it. Order forms are only help you keep track of the prices and weights. I am from Packages R Us if you have any other questions.

If I want to send out a quarterly package... Do I need a form or something? Or can I just go ahead and place an order? What is the process?

amazed
05-17-2005, 11:47 AM
To place an order you do not need a order form. As long as you know what he wants you can send it. Order forms are only help you keep track of the prices and weights. I am from Packages R Us if you have any other questions.

Sure....... you can send all the packages you want. But, it has been my experience that the prison (for DR inmates) will only accept the package if there has been a form issued from the administration to the inmate and that the inmate has mailed the order form to whomever they want the package to come from on the outside. Can you imagine how many packages some of these high profile inmates get?? Inmates can only actually receive one package per quarter...... What if the first package delivered that quarter contained a bunch of stuff that they didn't even want. When the package that they actually orders shows up, it would be rejected because of the junk that someone else sent to them. They need to make sure that it is coming from the person who is authorized to send it and it is what the inmate actually wants.

PackagesRUsJZ
05-17-2005, 12:13 PM
After October 1, 2005 all will be diffrent. He wont have to get authorization anymore. He could get a package from whatever vendor he wants. Also he has the right to refuse a package if it it snot the one he wants. He could have it sent back to the prison and when the package he wants get ther all he has to do is sign for it and keep it. It is also the inmates responsibility to keep track of who he sends order forms to or what family wants to send him one.

Sure....... you can send all the packages you want. But, it has been my experience that the prison (for DR inmates) will only accept the package if there has been a form issued from the administration to the inmate and that the inmate has mailed the order form to whomever they want the package to come from on the outside. Can you imagine how many packages some of these high profile inmates get?? Inmates can only actually receive one package per quarter...... What if the first package delivered that quarter contained a bunch of stuff that they didn't even want. When the package that they actually orders shows up, it would be rejected because of the junk that someone else sent to them. They need to make sure that it is coming from the person who is authorized to send it and it is what the inmate actually wants.