View Full Version : 15 minute phone call

mandy288
04-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Anyone know of anyway to get more than just that 15 minutes. It just isnt enough time:confused:

1dayatatime
04-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Only if they hang up and call you back. BY CHANCE on Valentines Day we got 20 minutes (my cordless has a timer) and when I got the phone bill it was only for 15. Thats the only time that has happened in almost 2 yrs.

ONE

AdamsWife
04-14-2005, 12:07 PM
I know how you feel and I hate when it just cuts you off! Gotta hurry up and say your I-Love-You-Good-Byes super fast and sometimes early just to make sure you got to say it. Once I asked Adam if he could call me right back after it hung up and he said, "Only if I want to get in a fight, the line here is like Disneyland"

And NO, we don't want that becuz that's how that fool:p got himself in there in the first place! Silly husband:rolleyes:

jblovesdb
04-14-2005, 12:12 PM
I know the feeling...that's why my phone bill is SOOO high!!!! 15 mins is not enough time to have an actual conversation. Once we finally get into one....BEEP!!!!! I HATE it...so I have to tell him to call me back or drop the convo (which I never do...hehe) But it's just a way for the phone companies to make more money...why would they give us a longer time? B/C connection fees are more than minute fees...so if you have to reconnect...there goes more of your hard earned money. It stinks! Hugs:p
-Jackie

AdamsWife
04-14-2005, 12:21 PM
But it's just a way for the phone companies to make more money...why would they give us a longer time? B/C connection fees are more than minute fees...so if you have to reconnect...there goes more of your hard earned money. It stinks! Hugs:p
-Jackie
Yeah, Adam said the connection fee alone is $7.00! :eek:
I don't know if this happens during your calls too, but how annoying is the recording that comes on at least 3 different times to tell you "You are talking to a correctional institution inmate" - uh yeah thanks...I had NO idea, I only accepted the call that already stated that! :blah:

asweetangel99
04-14-2005, 12:54 PM
in feds, they only get 15 min incriments, and have to wait 30 min before they can call again. towards the end of the month, when everyone else is runing low on minutes, the phones are ALWAYS open, so he can call back right away if no one is waiting, that is my suggestion to you....

lilivoryangel
04-14-2005, 07:33 PM
he just has to keep calling back and thank God where he is that is never a problem. We are blessed that our calls are local so a $100 goes a long way..............

jsnake
04-20-2005, 07:15 PM
my charges are 7.50 for 15 minutes...how bout everyone elses?...and to help my girl to understand money ..i budget for her to call 5 times a month totalling 34.00....after that it comes out of her monthly allowance tghat i give her...300...plus less calling helps rto get more letters in the mail...how is everyone this fine evening?:cool:

MissDB
04-20-2005, 11:44 PM
my charges are 7.50 for 15 minutes...how bout everyone elses?...
$7.50...ohh and I thought I had it rough. The collect calls I get are $5.15 for 15 min. which isn't that much cheaper. But those 2 more dollars go along why, huh!;) ;) ;)

MissDB
04-20-2005, 11:47 PM
"Only if I want to get in a fight, the line here is like Disneyland"

HA!!!! That's funny, my bf says the same thing when he calls!!!:)

BrandilovesLuke
04-21-2005, 10:11 AM
My calls are 5.05 for 15 minutes and we usually always talk at least twice on the nights he calls if not more because 15 minutes is NOT enough, and to be honest its very unfair to punish the families because our loved ones broke the law, and in all reality WE are the ones that are being punished as well!

jsnake
04-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I wonder why that is if everyone is from Georgia or Jawjah...:D ...whereabouts is everyone from in Georgia?....columbus here ya all...

swtmel
04-21-2005, 11:54 AM
There are people from all over the country and the world. We are "representing" here because it is the GA forum :D I am from Carrollton, orginially from Lawrenceville, but go to school at the University of West Georgia, in which I graduate on MAY 11 (in 20 days)!!!!!

My calls to West Virginia (good friend, Dustin is there) are about 7 dollars! Which is super great because when I was talking to a guy up in Illinois the calls where 38 dollars for 30 minutes!!! I about fainted every month when that phone bill rolled in LMAO

mandy288
04-21-2005, 09:30 PM
I am actually not originally from "jawjah" I am from Iowa moved here awhile ago so I dont have the southern thing down. My phone calls are about $7.45 for 15 minutes so that comes out to about $200 a month on top of a $500 car payment, rent, utilities, credit cards and the cost of gas driving to chester from cobb (4 hours total) at $40 a tank. Not to happy with it but what else can you do?

jsnake
04-22-2005, 04:17 AM
i suggest that you put your man on a phone budget so that you dont have such a finanical strain. This should motivate your loved one to write more and less for you to make the State ri her by paying phone charges...at least thats what I do and it seems to work....plus you will have more tgo send your loved one for their store funds..everyone has to budget so why not your loved one as well?...they should understand if they care about you....whatcha think folks?

jsnake
04-22-2005, 04:18 AM
I am actually not originally from "jawjah" I am from Iowa moved here awhile ago so I dont have the southern thing down. My phone calls are about $7.45 for 15 minutes so that comes out to about $200 a month on top of a $500 car payment, rent, utilities, credit cards and the cost of gas driving to chester from cobb (4 hours total) at $40 a tank. Not to happy with it but what else can you do?....ri her means richer with a hiccup in between...sowie...:eek:

audball
04-22-2005, 11:33 AM
My phone calls are $7.45 for 15 minutes and my husband tries to only call me once a week. He calls his parents house on the night when I go over there for dinner so I get to talk to him for a minute or two there. I also go and visit every weekend, which is a 3 hour drive one way. It is easy for me to tell him not to call, but I also understand his need to call. I have family and friends surrounding me 24/7 and he doesn't. The Dept of Corrections in the state of GA is messed up. Not only do the prisoners get punished but the whole family along with them. They don't care about the family or how much it costs them to see their loved one or speak to them. What about the prisoners whose wives cannot afford to put money on their account or pay a phone bill with even one call or afford the gas to drive 3+ hours to see a husband/father? Not everyone can afford to give a $300/month allowance to their loved one. Where is the justice in that!!!!!!!!! I don't have any kids yet, so I can't even begin to fathom how hard it is for a mother with children who is trying to do all that. SORRY...I am getting off of my soap box now. I pray that no one takes offense at what I said!!!!!

BrandilovesLuke
04-22-2005, 11:54 AM
the cost of the call depends on how close you are to the prison you are receiving calls from

jsnake
04-22-2005, 02:58 PM
I dont think anyone here on this site will take offense on what you have said...at least not from what I have seen and read on this site...everyone seems to try to be suppportive with everyone seeing that we are all in the " same boat" here...as for Georgia and DOC...yep , I agree that it is messed up...and that all concerned with the loved one is affected..i can tell you stories , stories, and even more stories from the past 15 years...if you all wish to hear...but also th e loved one alsoi need s to understand that you have responsibilities out of the ' free' world to tend to alsoinstead of payuing a high phone charge...that money could go to him for the store and him write more if possible...oh, well, NOW, i find myself rambling and venting, so I also hope that i have NOT offended anyone....laters, Jsnake.......
:p :o :) :D :eek: :thumbsup:

mandy288
04-22-2005, 06:14 PM
The state and whole world is all about money. I put my man on a budget but still doesnt help it never seems enough. I would love to see him every weekend and fortunately he has money coming to him through his family so that helps out a lot. I wish that he would move closer but he doesnt want to go anywhere yet until he knows just how much time he really has to do. He wants to spread out his time so he doesnt end up spending the majority of it in a bad place. Still waiting on the grid! I wish I knew how to set up that whole phone thing and that would be something I could do on the side. Charging just the exact cost not trying to profit on this crap cause I have to go through the same thing too! Any ideas on how to do this? lol

~BabyG~
04-25-2005, 09:42 AM
My fiance and I just had an argument over this same issue yesterday. I mentioned something to him about calling so much and before I knew it...he was getting offensive but it was my right to say something. He would call 5-6 times a day...not a week but I day. He would just call b/c he was bored. But b/c he was bored, I was being punished for having to pay the phone bill. He said he wouldn't call til the end of the week...we'll see if he sticks with it or not! I just got my phone bill and it was $1,400...that is rediculous. Ok...that's what I needed!

MissDB
04-25-2005, 10:46 AM
I just got my phone bill and it was $1,400...that is rediculous.
OMIGOD!!! $1400. That is insane :eek: :eek: :eek: I thought my $321.00 phone bill last month was rediculous...

audball
04-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Baby G-I cringe if I have to pay a phone bill that is $100...I can't imagine paying a phone bill that is $1400!!!!! I would kill my husband. Here is an idea...don't accept the phone calls when he calls. If he is bored then tell him to write a letter, at least then you will have something to keep and you can always read it. Do you get to visit him?

jsnake
04-25-2005, 12:04 PM
I dont know you or anyone on this site BUT consider this...and reflect...IF your fiancee is taking advantage of your niceness now where he is...how will it be later when he is out?>...IF he is so bored...tell him to WRITE you and have him spend some postage on YOU which you probably send to him correct?>..If he argues about all this...and still bored...then he is a just a LAZY person and then you REALLY need to reflect on your relationship...put your foot down and accept no calls unless he goes by yoursuggestion that is unless of course, you are one of the rich folks that can afford 1400 phone charges...and DONT fall into the guilt trip that he needs you so much since he is in prison yet YOU are imprisoned by the darn bills....I am sorry if I have offeneded you or anyone else, BUT I felt that I should speak up and give you a different view that just the lovey dovey side...i know I been there done that....feel free to contact me if you wish private chats on the subject and that goes for anyone else...I just may help coming from the male's point of view...juszt maybe....Laters,,,,

B.G
04-25-2005, 12:06 PM
I"m always late for these convo's! I get 30minutes phone calls and that still isnt enough. Because I'm a college student it makes it even harder.

B.G
04-25-2005, 12:07 PM
I gotta agree with jsnake on that one!
WORD!