View Full Version : Anyone Dealing with Attempted Murder?

40 TO LIFE WIFE
04-10-2005, 12:27 AM
My husband is in prison for Attempted Murder.

Is there anyone else appealing this charge?

Silva
04-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Hi and welcome to PTO :)

I'm sorry to hear about your hubby. Ray is on a murder charge but we're not appealing, just trying to get the time down. There's bound to be someone along soon that can help you more.

SandC4E
04-10-2005, 03:40 AM
There is also a forum for "Loving a Lng-Term Offender." There are probably some great threads in there dealing with time issues.

Good luck and Welcome!

Sheila

Jimmy's baby
04-10-2005, 03:16 PM
my hunny got an attempted murder charge but he's coming home in 2 more years.:) Good luck in your appeal...if you decide to appeal it!

shortyncute
04-10-2005, 04:18 PM
My sons father <sperm donater> got 20 years for manslaughter. He took "the deal" I wish u luck with the appeal. AND welcome to pto

jeffsprincess
04-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi and Welcome to PTO! I would check out the long term sentence offender forum if I were you. Jeff is in for 2nd degree murder, but I will tell you, that appeals are so different case to case!

Good luck to you and welcome!

40 TO LIFE WIFE
04-10-2005, 09:14 PM
my hunny got an attempted murder charge but he's coming home in 2 more years.:) Good luck in your appeal...if you decide to appeal it!

Hello,
What city and state are you in and will you please help me by giving me his case number... I figure this is a fast and easy way to get case#'s because I don't have time to go to a law library. If I can get enough case numbers and give them to his lawyer this will help because my husband got 40 to life for attempted murder.:cry:

My husband and I thank you so much for your help.:help:

PowandVonne
04-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Yes, my husband is in for attempted murder. Sentence of 9-18, has served almost 11 yrs...up for parole again this summer.

40 TO LIFE WIFE
04-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Yes, my husband is in for attempted murder. Sentence of 9-18, has served almost 11 yrs...up for parole again this summer.
Hello.. What city and state did it happen in? I could use all the help I can get. I'm trying to get as many cases as possible and this is easier than going to the law library. Please help me because 9-18 years sounds a lot better than 40 to life. Was anyone seriously injured in your case. Mine the guy walked home with a bandaide.

tjsgurl
04-17-2005, 10:06 PM
MY husband just got sentenced to life with possibility of parole,for murder.He is in Fayette co.,Georgia and waiting to go to prison.He has been in jail before but never prison.We have three kids and they are confused. I am as well. Does anyone know how long he will serve? Or what prison they will send him to? :confused:

ILOVEFROGGY
04-18-2005, 11:32 AM
FROGGYS IS DEALING WITH 1 COUNT OF MURDER AND 1 COUNT OF ATTEMPTED MURDER.. IM NOT FOR SURE WHAT YOU NEED HELP ON. PM ME IF I CAN HELP.

krys_828
04-21-2005, 07:21 PM
:( Someone I love with all my heart, though not married to him, and connected in a strange way has got 60yrs, stacked sentences for agrevated assult. attempted murder. Wish I could find a way to help him get his sentence reduced or appealed. The jury in his case made their ruling simply on the statements of the victem ( wife he was separated from) and no other evidence. How can you take away such a good man's life, just on the word of a woman who was cheating on him anyways??????:mad:

kayos-grl
05-19-2005, 09:38 AM
My bf has Attempted murder and 2nd degree murder. He has something in the works right now. I pray it goes through

fiestyvixen05
07-21-2005, 08:24 PM
My bf is in for aggravated murder, committed when he was 17. Doing 15 to life, but will have to serve at least 18, with the gun spec. He is appealing on the basis of age at the time and conflicting witness testimony on certain issues. He's served less than a year in prison, but has been locked up for 2 years now.

bishopnsandy
08-03-2005, 07:52 AM
My husband is incarcerated for attempted murder, robbery, assualt and a weapons possesion....he is not appealing the charge directly but the parole boards' decison to not release him..his bid is 15-34 1/3...

dcher
08-03-2005, 09:17 AM
My son got a life sentence for murder in Kentucky. Trial by jury. he was 19 at the time of offense. We have applied for appeals and as we speak are waiting for the Supreme Courts to pick up the files and go through them. He got hooked on the diet pill "Stackers and was also taking Ephedrine Plus along with the Stackers, not to lose weight, but to keep energy levels up. We were not aware of this. He overdosed and blanked out. Doesn't remember a whole lot about the incident. Here in Kentucky he has to do 20 years before up for parole, his appeal is on the testimony of a drug rehab. counsler, stating what these pills are capable of doing, only the judge would not allow the witness to testify., He has a four year old daughter whom he hasn't seen in 2 years. He had just had a son, 3 months old when this happened that he hasn't seen in 6 months. He's "wife" doesn't go see him, and the mother of his daughter refuses to take his little girl. He is 5 hours from home, and his friends are young and don't have time to go see him. He is adjusting to the system, and hasn't had any problems. We, his family go every other weekend and his aunt goes on the weekends we don't go......Hope you give your man, son, friend all the support they need, because no matter what the crime, they still need family, and friends to survive this mess. Good Luck on Appealing

taylormade
08-30-2005, 02:35 PM
My honey is in for 2nd degree manslaughter.. coped 25 years.. we're NOT appealing but i hope things work out for the best.

HiMelissa
09-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Mine got 20-40 for attempted murder in MI

taylormade
09-22-2005, 11:40 AM
My husband is in on a 1st degree manslaughter charge with 25 years to go... i've been trying to find out how to appeal in OK, or at least a sentence reduction...but not getting much luck. Hope all goes well for you!! (((hugs))) and god bless

hunneydipp
01-02-2006, 03:05 PM
My husband is starting trial for 1st dgree murder and attempted murder. the case is really bogus the so- called victim fired four shots first does anyone know the self defense laws or justifiable homicide laws in California. My husband is 24 never been to prison and this is his first time in jail He's only been down for about 11 months now, but he's starting to get worried and so am I. We hired a paid lawyer and a private investigator Does anyone have any advice or suggestions, becuse if we lose he's looking at 50 to life. ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

robs_angel
01-08-2006, 07:04 AM
My hubby to be is in for 2nd degree murder and he is serving~10-34 yrs :(!

Retired-24
01-10-2006, 07:10 PM
My name is Bella from Indianapolis, Indiana and my b/f Tommy is locked up in Lucasville, OH and has been down 3 years on an sentence of 18 to life. Hes charged with murder. I have seen so many weird sentences for lesser charges. It don't make sense how someome can be charged with "attempted murder" can get 40 to to life and Tommy got 18 to life for actual murder...Im guessing each state is different. I think Ohio law stinks anyways!! So looks like Imma be around for a while ;]

~Bella~

blueangelinyc
02-13-2006, 08:51 AM
well my

blueangelinyc
02-13-2006, 08:55 AM
well my fiance is facing 12-15 yrs, he not sentence yet but that what defender told me the DA want to give him and that with no one pressing charges, but the state is moving ahead and since they have witnesses it doesnt look good for him to get a lower sentence. he being charge with first degree assault which i think is attempted murder charge( let me know if i am wrong) but that what people told me before. To me it doesnt make sense he didnt kill no one i can understand maybe 5-8 yrs but 12-15 and he only 23 yrs old, i am devasted from this news his defender told me, and the DA is refusing to lower charges so he can less time. does the DA usually get the sentence they ask for ?

Soon2BMarried
02-13-2006, 02:21 PM
My fiancee' is currently serving time for murder I & II. Legally he cannot be charged with both especially since the Judge clearly stated 'we know he's not the trigger man'. Mind you the trigger man was never identified in court. He was also sentenced to 35-40 years on top of a prior sentencing for a separate unrelated case. Good luck, when all else fails you've got to PUSH - pray until something happens.