View Full Version : Needing feedback!

AdRiAnS_WiFeY
04-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Hey guys...my man's mom wrote a letter/memo about Adrian's situation. The case has actually been on the channel 2 news lately, but Adrian is not the one who took it to trial (since he was avoiding the 10 year minimum sentence if found guilty). I was hoping I could get some feedback and opinions from some of you.

A CRY OF INJUSTICE THE DISAPPERANCE OF OUR CHILDREN

The Douglasville Six

On December 31, 2003, a group of teenagers, boys and girls, all whom ranged from the ages of 15 to 18 years, got together to have a New Years Eve party. What was planned to be a night of just hanging out and partying, resulted in a 5 year prison sentence and 15 years probation with one sentencing pending, not to mention a Sex Offender title that will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

These children live in a society that, whenever you turn on the radio, television, walk into a mall, or pass a billboard on the highways, advocates sex. They are without a doubt victims.

The unjust punishment that the elective officials of Douglas County gave 6 black teenage boys for engaging in what was clearly consensual sex is totally ridiculous.

How were they able to do it? They used the sexual predator laws and applied them as they saw fit.

In contrast -

In October 2003 George Tsimpides age 25 was arrested for having inappropriate contact with a 15-year-old girl. Tisimpides, after pleading guilty, was sentenced to 10 years probation along with a 30-day jail sentence. He was also allowed to plead guilty under the First Offender Act (the offense will be removed from his record upon successful completion of his probation sentence). The defendant's plea was non-negotiable because the prosecution and defense could not agree on an appropriate sentence. In September 2002 Jack Stewart age 24 was arrested for having inappropriate contact with a 15-year-old girl. Stewart, after pleading guilty to child molestation, was sentenced to 10 years of probation with 30 days to serve in jail. Another case is where Robert McGinnis (a former projects manager and board member within the community) plead guilty to two acts of child molestation that took place between Jan. 23, 1999 and March 1, 2001. McGinnis, after pleading guilty, was sentenced to 8 years probation. He was also allowed to plead guilty under the First Offender Act (the offense will be removed from his record upon successful completion of his probation sentence). In the case of McGinnis, his attorney who; was the defense attorney in the other cases, stated that he believed the sentence to be “an accurate reflection of the case.”

During the trial for the last of the teenage boys, from the December 2003 incident, there was a trial going on in a courtroom in Douglas County also, where a teacher had sexual intercourse with three of her 12 year old students, she was sentenced to 90 days in jail with probation. All of these cases are similar; these defendants are all white adults, in the courts of Douglas and Cobb Counties. These cases alone should be enough to identify who the child molesters, adult predators of children are. But in Douglas County, Georgia officials’ actions are in opposition to this. They believe that teenagers in the same peer group having sex with one another are the predators. It wasn't hard for the prosecution and defense to come up with an appropriate sentence it this case.

Today in 2005, it seems that we should be beyond the bias attitudes of others and that surely race could not have been the motivating factor used by elected government officials in Douglas County, Georgia located approximately 20 miles west of Atlanta, in the case of 6 teenage boys that were unjustly incarcerated. However, without a doubt, Douglas County officials craftily used the judicial system to perform this injustice.

One amazing thing about this all is the community either didn't know what was happening, which is hard for me to believe, or that they really didn't care, which makes more sense because of the non-responsive attitude. The out cry should be endless!

Could it be that the Law Enforcement Officials of Douglas County, Georgia are still using the Jim Crow mentality of the past to render the injustice of these young teenage sons? The community should be outraged, to allow this to happen in this day and time to our children, because what Douglas County did to these teenage boys is a tragedy in itself.

I admonish that you, study the laws that have been set forth regarding child molestation and related crimes. Were these laws established to punish predators or are they using these laws to diminish the presence of young black males in this society.

Jurors have spoken out regarding the way that these teenagers were victimized by the system and the system know this and really could care less.

Demand a change in the way the laws are being applied and the way they are being applied to our people.

Contact, Governor Perdue, Senators Fort and Hamrick along with State Representatives Richardson, Brooks, Bruce and Hembree, let them know that we are OUTRAGED!

needing help
04-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I think it's a wonderful letter and I'm proud of the mother who wrote it, for having the courage to speak out for her son. There's a lot of love and angst in that letter. I hope she sends it to every newspaper editor in the country, although I know that would be impossible. It seems that the powers that be in the current government really don't care about justice, they only care about being elected. So, the only way changes will come about is is by speaking out, going to the media, getting public opinion on your side. I'm reminded of the organization "Mothers Against Drunk Drivers." I guess there ought to be an organization "Mothers Against Unfair Prison Sentences."

lilivoryangel
04-08-2005, 07:32 PM
This is excellent and I am really sick of the racism that exists within the DOC. This kind of stuff happens all the time. I have often said if I had not been white and my husband had not been black he would be home right now. Young black males are targets and it is a proven fact that the poor and the black populations get more time that the middle class white. I am glad someone else is speaking out. Tell her to send it to Macon Telegraph. She can send it online.

needing help
04-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Please send this message to Oprah "Winfrey. I' m just grasping for straws here, but we have to have someone OVERSEE the fact that we are women, and moms, and need someone to take care of our children. And the "big guys" like Sonny Perdue say, "well I cant get involved in all this, these wonderful professionals are taking care of it." BS. The governor doesn't care if the citizens of his state are having their civil rights violated? WHAT A COP OUT. duhhhhhhh. "i CANT'D DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE THESE GREAT PROFESSIONALS ; THIS FIVE PERSON BOARD, ARE IN CHARGE OF THE ENTIRE BUDGET. OF THE STATE OF GA. AND HE DOESN'T HAVE THE YOU KNOW WHAT TO CORRECT THAT PROBLEM? THAT'S A COP OUT; IT'S WEAK.

THE GOVERNOR NEEDS TO TAKE A STAND, AND IF HE DOESN'T, WE MOTHERS NEED TO TAKE STAND AGINST HIM.

AdRiAnS_WiFeY
04-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all your responses...