View Full Version : Well I made it!

Gemini4lif
04-05-2005, 05:15 AM
I am officially in Georgia now! We arrived Saturday afternoon and the weather was beautiful! Compared to the rain and sleet in Virginia, that was just what I needed! I wound up putting my things in storage in Virginia and will have to make one more trip there to get them when I get my place, but other than that, the move was flawless.

I went to meet all the folks at my new job and they were very pleasant. They took me to lunch which was very nice. I got the grand tour of the offices and they showed me MY office! I was utterly speechless...as I have never had the pleasure of having my own office before....so now I have to decorate! :)

My son is liking it so far, although I think the temperature change has affected him because he seems to be catching a cold. I am taking him to the doctor to get his physical since they wouldnt accept his doctors exam from Virginia...go figure.

My husband seems to have calmed down a bunch since I have been here...calls me even less it seems, which is a good thing. I am planning to go see him at Wheeler on the 16th, as long as my ride comes through.

So ladies and gentlemen, I made it! I start my new job tomorrow, so I dont know if I will be able to log in, but I will be back on in two shakes!

Patrice

jftazzy102
04-05-2005, 05:44 AM
I am really glad that you made it there safe and sound. Your son will soon be accustomed to everything and before you know your home will be filled with other kids.

I am glad that your closer to your husband. Good luck on your new job.
Love Jeanne

NikkiMcFadden
04-05-2005, 01:44 PM
I am planning to go see him at Wheeler on the 16th, as long as my ride comes through.

So ladies and gentlemen, I made it! I start my new job tomorrow, so I dont know if I will be able to log in, but I will be back on in two shakes!

Patrice
I am so happy for you, but I sure wish you would get in contract with me. I have tried to reach you everywhere. I figured you would still have the cell, but no luck. Anyway, give me a call, as I'm sure your "ride will come threw." :D

Retired-26
04-05-2005, 01:46 PM
good deal girl! i am happy all went well with the move and you are safe and sound in good ole GA. :) lots of love to you!

MiaBellaAngela
04-05-2005, 03:21 PM
I am not in GA but I saw this and wondered what happened to you. A NEW LIFE AND A FRESH START!!! Congrats!

Smokelady
04-05-2005, 04:23 PM
What part of goergia are u. Congradulations and the best of luck to you. I bet your inlaws are going to really miss you and your gift to be the stable one when things get crazy. Keep in touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

California Sunshine
04-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Glad ya made it safe and sound and all is well :)

1dayatatime
04-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey Neighbor,
I am glad things went well and I hope your first day at work was good!!

Enjoy that visit.
ONE

missingmyhubie
04-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Welcome to Georgia, Glad you are here!

bailey_b
04-06-2005, 08:21 AM
How exciting, a brand new job, a brand new setting...a brand new chapter in your life=a brand new start! I hope you continue to flourish and grow! I also hope that your son adjusts well, I know that a move can be hard on kids! Enjoy YOUR new office!

lilivoryangel
04-06-2005, 06:38 PM
WELCOME TO GA! I am glad you made it safely. Be prepared that your son and you may have some allergies/sinus issues you have never had before. That is the one bad thing about spring in GA. Many people move hear and suddenly get a "cold" which is actually due to the pollen etc. I am having a hard time myself....went to the DR and was told it was alergy. SO just a lillt heads up. Hope the job goes well!

liljordan
04-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Welcome to the south, I know there were lots of sleepless nights before you decided to move here but I bet your already feeling that it was the write one. You probably feel better just knowing your close to him now and you can see him so much more. I know you are excited. Good Luck and God Bless!
Brooke

Gemini4lif
04-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey guys,

Just popped in real quick to say hello. My first day yesterday was great...they took me to lunch and we chatted it up a bit. Today, is the actual training of the database systems, network policies, etc. etc. Lots and lots of information....but its all good.

I know what you mean about the pollen. My son's nose has been stopped up since we got here! Poor baby! But he claims he is ok, so I wont mother him up too much.

Thanks for all the well wishes --I am glad to finally be here! I dont know how much I will be able to log on during the day while I get adjusted, but I will log on in the evening.

Patrice

PitaMcnasty
04-07-2005, 10:50 AM
Congrats!! I am glad it is going good for you!!! Now get back to work you dont need to get in trouble your first week of work!! LOL!! Wish you all the best for a smooth transition for you and your son!!

Take care and God Bless!!

Pita McNasty