View Full Version : Mississippi Cure meeting - February 26, 2005 - Oxford, MS

I-Care
02-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi North Mississippi CURE folks!

We are getting ready for the February meeting and need to remind everyone so we all have plenty of time to get it put on our calendars.

The meeting will be at Ole Miss in Oxford in the Student Union room 403 at 5:00 PM. We changed the date so as not to conflict with OAC and made it a little later so those visiting had a little time to try to get back. We hope this accomodates as many as possible.

One of our speakers will be Lisa Murphy who works with Juveniles who are Incarcerated as Adults and heads up the Mississippi Chapter of her organization. She will tell us what they are doing and what their plans are for the future in Mississippi. As you know we all try to work together.

We will also have a former inmate talk to us about "how to make your incarcerated loved one still feel close while incarcerated". This should be beneficial to all of us, and from the perspective of one who was there! I can't wait to hear this!!

We will have time for Care and Share, as this is a support group, but intend to do that at the end, one on one. We will introduce everyone (we all get a little more familiar with each introduction!) and then afterwards have scheduled some time so we can all make contact with those who have similar problems.

In addition we are hoping for some contacts from the Innocence Project and one of the Faith Based rehabilitation programs within MDOC. Please pray that God will direct the right persons to us so we can help the most people possible.

The best news possible is that Peg, our fearless leader, will be able to be present at this meeting. She will take a few minutes to tell us about the CURE training meeting she attended this past weekend in Louisiana and also will encourage us as only she can!

There is food for sale on the premises, although this is not a dinner meeting. We are hoping that whoever wants to eat can do so before or after the meeting, and not in the meeting room as we are trying to avoid paying extra for the room. They have fun fast food there though!

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are planning to attend so I'm sure we have enough room. Also remember to start inviting folks you meet at prisons and other places. There are MANY hurting people in Mississippi and we want to touch them, all faiths, all races, all levels of hurt.

Bless you this week, and I am very excited about this meeting! I can't wait to see you all there!!!

Suzan David
North Mississippi CURE Support Group

P.S. If you think you would be able to pass out some flyers, please let me know and I will get you some. We want to spread the word. We are also looking for folks who are willing and able to place a personal ad in the local paper about the meeting.
P.S.S. Note from Peggy Miller.. We are asking if you can to bring used books that can be donated for a "Wrongfully Convicted" inmates fund. Info will be available at the meeting. Send PM to "I-Care" if you have any other questions or need assitance.

I-Care
02-15-2005, 05:53 AM
Sorry I just realized we did not put the date. It is 2-26-05
The meeting will be at Ole Miss in Oxford in the Student Union room 403 at 5:00 PM
THANKS!!
"I-CARE"