View Full Version : Anyone mind if I sit here for a while?

Silva
03-27-2005, 05:05 AM
Hello :)
I've been on PTO for a while, hanging out mostly down on the Texas pages because that's where my sunshine is, but the time has come to pull up a chair here too so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm in England and 'met' Ray online last June, 11 weeks before he committed his crime. We got very close very fast, and I'm conviced it had to be that way for us because of what was about to happen. Here we are then, 6 months on from the crime, coming to the day when he signs the sentencing papers. We are still fighting to get it down to 30 years from the 40 offer that we have at the moment, but either way its gonna be a long haul.

There is 10 years difference between us, Ray is 45 and I'm 35. My rational side knows that its going to be 20 years or so before we can be together the way we want to be, but the side of me that copes day to day is doing just that - not thinking further than the next 6 months or so. I'm not one to hide things from people and I certainly never worry what others think of who I am or what I do, and mine & Ray's relationship is non-negotiable. I dont have a family to support or criticise me (apart from my teenage daughter who lives with her father), but my small circle of friends have been amazing. Everyone I work with knows the situation; my line manager is the only person to suggest I 'get on with life now' to which I pointed out that my life is mine to do with as I choose and for as long as I wake each morning with Ray as my first thought, this is how my life will be. Of course I would rather we were together and he was free, but if it's this or nothing, then I take this with both hands.

So this is me, here and now. I'm a compulsive writer, reader and thinker, and my PM box is always open.

NYYankee
03-27-2005, 05:50 AM
Hi Silva, thanks for sharing your story with us. I like your attitude! :)