View Full Version : taft.......oh god

halo_and_horns
03-17-2005, 10:59 PM
hey just wanted to say hi, i guess im going to make new friends here now that i will be all alone:( he's leaving me next week, and this will be quite the experience..............so sad

Barbara
03-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Welcome to PTO :) is he going to Taft?

California Sunshine
03-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Welcome you will find a lot of support here.It is very rough but many people here understand and care

RPinSD
03-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Hi halo_and_horns

Welcome to PTO, you will find PTO to be a great resource for support and information.

I moved your post on Taft to the Federal Forum as you will get more information on a Federal Prison there. The start thread is still here in CA, So our members from CA with a loved one at Taft can also give you the information you need.

To quickly find your post, click on your user name. Click find post by halo_and_horns and then follow your post to see new responses.

Again WELCOME !

rottn
03-18-2005, 02:50 AM
Welcome to PTO.

MsVicki
03-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Hi Halo and Horns....... welcome to PTO. I too have a loved one at Taft and am fairly new to all this. If I can help in any way just let me know.
Take care and God bless.

haloandhorns
05-16-2005, 07:05 PM
have you had the fed probation pple call you yet. how long is your loved one in for? is he in the camp or prison side? how is he doing........Mine just wants to come home..........

MsVicki
05-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi haloandhorns!
My honey is on the prison side of Taft. Yes, I think they all want to come home. Plus, I want him home too! As he has a while to go still there, I don't think anyone will be calling or doing a home visit for sometime for us. (sigh)

Valerie
05-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO! Someone is here 24/7 so no need to be alone.

syandkm
05-16-2005, 10:33 PM
HaloandHorns, My fiancee is at Taft. The secured side, not the camp. He writes and calls me several times a week to tell me what's going on. I have been up to visit him about a dozen times now. If you have any questions about anything, please ask because I have learned a lot over the past 5 months. Hang in there and believe me, I know how difficult, overwhelming and stressful all of this can be. I just discovered this site and I feel better knowing that there are people that can relate to what I am feeling (although unfortunate :( )

MamaSheila
05-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO.

Love, Sheila:thumbsup: :D :) ;) :p :o :yes: :wave: :hee: :yay: :dance: :clap: :hifive: :beer: :rock:

tomsfriend
06-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Hey all Taft, CA, visitors

Have you noticed they aren't always doing the drug test? They have 1 less person for the weekday visit checkins and I think they realized nobody was failing so switch to intermittent. yea! Since money is polluted with drugs I was washing my hands too much. hehehehe.

Shock of shocks on Monday I walked in, up to desk, filled out form, turned it in and was signed in with not a second of waiting. Timing alll timing. :) I now wait to arrive after the initial rush. Of course, that can get messed up if we have to wait in the parking lot for inmate movements. hehehehehe

MsVicki
06-08-2005, 05:42 AM
I think it might be they are doing it intermittent also to save on the cost. They are sure short of guards too! On a Thur visit I was number 1 and didn't get in til almost 9:30! I was told by another visitor that they saw an ad in the local paper for prison guards and it said "no GED required"!
Tomsfriend.....what time did you arrive on Monday? I am always there waiting to drive on the grounds by 7am. I am usually am in the first 4 or 5 to go in for the day. I guess being I can only go so often I try to get every second I can out of the visits.
Did you notice how beautiful the roses are on the grounds? Everyday, on the walk from the entrance building to the visiting room I stopped and smelled them.
Take care and God bless.