View Full Version : Just a Vent

Cottontail
03-12-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey Nyr's....what a MISERABLE week!!!! :blah: I had enough of my own bs to fret about this week and then THIS.....

After a long and eventually nasty conversation with my Honey's counselor yesterday, we have come to found out he doesn't meet the criteria to go to the supplementary board next month. He only has one of the four criterias met. Even though a second is partially met (3 out of 6 months vocational program) and other inmates counselor's pushed them through, this witch took it upon herself to issue the denial. There are 3 others in his unit with the same bid that haven't completed the vocational program and they are ALL going the board in April!!! :mad:

If this is not bad enough, the work release papers were sent to him, BUT he was NEVER eligible in the first place. SO basically we have been waiting back for an answer, and it was never going to happen anyway.

And here's the icing, the only thing he IS eligible for is a transfer to a medium-minimum facility. His classification was lowered and he is eligible now. So I asked his counselor when can he be moved, she says when she gets his signature at his quarterly review on the 23rd. Now I know they just met for a court call on Wednesday, so I asked her if she knew then why didn't she get it then. She says and I f**king quote "I've been out for a few days and I'm really busy I forgot...it's ONLY two weeks until I see him, he ONLY has a 1 1/2 to 3, relax it's not that long!!!" I really tried to be pleasant to this woman for as long as possible but that kind of did it for me. I asked her since it was an mistake if she could pull him down and get him to sign it, NO she doesn't have the TIME for that...her office is at the facility though!! Okay, what if he sends in writing that he is requesting the transfer, so that by the time she does see him the process is already started? No she won't accept that either. Now she already told me that the process can take 2 weeks to a month. So I say now because YOU forgot, he can just sit and wait until YOUR ready. She copped the ill attitude, said that I was suggesting she wasn't doing her job (Ummm, NO she ADMITTED to that when she said she FORGOT!) and that she had until the 31st to get her paperwork in. Great, but WHY can't you just get off your ass to help somebody out!!! She once again started with the God, he only has 1 1/2 to 3, and how my Honey copped an attitude and was arguing with her. I wonder why!!! I come to find out last night when I talked to him, she was telling him the same crap, including she forgot the paperwork, and relax she would be back in two weeks!!! I can not believe this S**T!!!! I called to complain to central office, and they said bring it up with the Senior Counselor at the facility, their hands are tied until they receive the paperwork for her and her supervisor!!! :angry:

I am SO FED UP with this system, and all the BS!!!! I am so upset right now. :( I know I wasn't suppose to get my hopes up to have him home earlier, but I couldn't help it. And then to have to hear this chick act like he's at Disneyworld and what's the big deal just made me so angry. I understand that there are people and loved ones who are suffering alot more then we are and have a long time to go, but that is not the point. I am still without my other half, and a SECOND longer is too much for me. And really it just made me angrier for all the people in prison who DON'T have loved ones or advocates looking out for their needs and rights. I tried to explain that to this woman to no avail!!! I understand she has a job, that my boyfriend is not the only person she's responsible for. I am even sympathetic to being busy and forgetting things, but then MAKE the situation better when you mess up MAN!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!

I'm sorry guys....I know that this was long winded!!! This whole thing has put me in a funky mood. Thank God tomorrow is visiting day!!! :thumbsup:

jayschic
03-12-2005, 06:00 PM
I feel for you, I know how frustrating it can be. My man's counselor never even takes my calls, I have to press to talk to the senior counselor. Just keep your head up and keep saying to yourself, "this is only temporary," he'll be home soon. When we lose are composure with them, they treat our men like sh*#t, their paperwork really ends up on the bottom of the pile then. In the meantime, enjoy your visit tomorrow and don't let this take away from it.

Mrs. Vins
03-12-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry, I would be pissed. It doesn't matter if your man only has a short period of time and others have more, it's all relative and one minute longer than necessary is too much. I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with my husbands counselor yet but we're working on some stuff and I'll probably have to start soon. She has been fairly responsive to him when he asks for something so I can only hope. Keep your chin up. If it helps, me and my husband have 39 months????? Sorry just trying to help.

rywill
03-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Cottontail I know how you feel in so many ways. For me it's bad, because he once had a really good counselor and none of the others can even come close. So I deal with the disappointment of knowing it can be done, but they choose not to do it. That sucks....

Cottontail
03-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks Guys!!! :D

I'm feeling better now...I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Plus it seems like I am more stressed out over it then he is....God I love this Man!! :p

Well 5 am comes sooner then I'd like it...Night all

Manzanita
03-12-2005, 10:02 PM
(((((cottontail))))))))

NYYankee
03-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Hope you are feeling better today Cottontail! I know it is frustrating. How many times can you tell your boss "Sorry, I forgot" and it's just all ok? The inefficiency that is the norm in these places boggles the mind at times! The scary part is they hold the key to YOUR life!!! They can make or break you on certain situations. I also understand that many of the people that try to do a good job are stymied by the system also.
Deep breathes, you will be ok!