View Full Version : Outstanding Warrant Question

jen_n_beau
03-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Hello everyone,

My boyfriend is about to be released from prison in Texas and he asked me to make sure that he doesn't have any outstanding warrants in NC from when he used to live there 5 years ago. Could someone please help me on who I should contact to find out that information? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Niightdrmr
03-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Well I would say the first place to start would be where he used to live - most of the times you can find out if a person has a warrant out for them by contacting the local sherriffs office in that county where they live! They can not and probably will not tell you what the warrant is for at the time but they can and should tell you if there is a warrant for his arrest! You might also try contacting someone in Raleigh with the records dept there and see if they have anything listed on him for a warrant. Alot of times when its an old warrant they send it to Raleigh I think for filing....so contact the local Sherriff's dept where he used to live first since it would be a county matter first probably - then you could contact someone in Raleigh in the Records Dept. not sure what that number is but I am sure if you did a search here online you could find it!! Good luck!!

Kelly

jewellsprincess
03-08-2005, 12:44 PM
when my future husband was being released he was wondering the same thing i called the prosecuting attorneys office in the county he lived in explained the situation and they checked for me...............nope he was warrent free.................i did try calling the sherriffs office they wouldnt give me any info told me he had to appear and find out himself...............the prosecuters office was very helpful goodluck...........

jen_n_beau
03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Thank you guys so much for your help, I really appreciate it and I will try all of those things and hopefully find out.

regina hawks
03-12-2005, 04:04 PM
I am having the same problem accept my husband has outstanding warrants in 2 states 3 different counties. We are seperated, but I still would like to view the exact warrants, and there status.

NibbleMaster
03-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Hi,

It is now standard prison policy for all state prisons to run a complete Lcic & NCIC check of any inmate who is going to be released from state custody. the L=Local & N = NATIONAL CIC= criminal information computer . Any ACTIVE warrants will be in this system. If the WARRANT is a "LOCAL" pick=up only....meaning that the issuing agency will NOT extradite, or...will only arrest in the issuing county or city... The WARRANT may bot appear in the NCIC database, However..... The WARRANT will appear in the LCIC database and the L is substituted for the STATES letter IE: FCIC ='s FLORIDA cic.

IF Any inmate has a positive hit for a detainer/warrant in ANY state, The D.O.C. in that state MUST contact the issuing agency, and advise that the inmate is in custody, and the ISSUING agency will decide if they are going to pursue the warrant.

If they DO, the inmate will be released to the custody of an officer from the ISSUING City, or county.

OK, With that said......( whew)..... An agency may DECLINE to pick up an inmate on an active warrant IF they have it flagged as a LOCAL pick - up only...What this means is: I will use my state as an example: Lets say Im incarcerated in MIAMI, fl. ....and ORLANDO, Fl has an active capias / warrant for me, but it is flagged "LOCAL PICK UP ONLY" Miami WILL release me into the community...... BUT, If I go to ORLANDO, and get pulled over , or checked by an officer, the WARRANT will be served. If I goto Ft. Lauderdale, and get checked out by an officer, He will Hear on his radio that I have an active warrant, But when DISPATCH contacts ORLANDO, they will decline to pick me up from Ft. Lauderdale. The Ft. Lauderdale officer will release me. Sometimes, an agency will ARREST ANY individual on ANY WARRANT, regardless of the pick up status..... in that case, you will be transported to Jail, and the Issuing Agency will be notified that you are in custody and will be requested to come pick you up. If they dont , you will usually be released within 10 business days.

Finally, to answer your specific Situation: It is really hard to find information about active warrants these days. Most agencys will not release that info, unless you are inquiring about YOU. And then they require that YOU bring VALID I.D. to the jail, or some place, and have a check ran on you.(this way they can arrest you if your wanted)

MY Suggestion: Have your Boyfriend/husband/signifigant other do this:

Send an Inmate Request form to his/her CLASSIFICATON officer at the institution where he/she is.

CONFIRM thru the Classification officer that the facility DOES do a National check for warrants prior to release, and in the RARE event they do not, REQUEST that they DO.

If they DO....(which is 99.99% of the time) REQUEST from the classification the STATUS of ALL information contained in the results. This will tell the inmate a lot of information.

But Primarily, it will let HIM/HER know if there is an ACTIVE WARRANT with a LOCAL PICK UP flag on it.

These are the worse kinds of warrants......Because you may think, I just got pulled over by a cop, and he checked me out, and Im CLEAN. Which is GREAT Feeling........ Then you get to the Next town....... And you get pulled over again and you get arrested on a WARRANT! Because that town had a LOCAL WARRANT for you. :)

Sorry this is so long, but Warrants are TRICKY.

If you need any further information, Please feel free to contact me.

Best of luck to you........

Bill~