View Full Version : Naked Prisoners posted on Website!!!

sonnysgirl
03-07-2005, 12:04 PM
For those of you that are aware of the humility of how Texas Inmates are stripped naked not only for visits, but after returning to work etc, betcha you didnt know that on another website they have posted pictures of some of our inmates naked after coming in from hoe squad! Yes, I found it quite disturbing. What if this was your husband? your brother? Your father? I have the information and I am bringing it to the attention of upper officials. I just wanted to inform the families and friends of Texas Inmates that there is stuff out there circulating on the world wide web that shows naked Texas inmates.

Retired-26
03-07-2005, 12:07 PM
yes i have seen it and it disgusts me. i know exactly which website you are talking about. it is horrible the way they are treated, like dam animals. i have the web adress if anyone wants to know what so0nny'sgirl is talkin bout :(

sonnysgirl
03-07-2005, 12:17 PM
I have just sent it to the prison commision which is meeting in April-- A NATIONAL COMMISSION ON PRISON ISSUES, and I will send it to every one that I can possibly think to send it to. This is degarding and inhumane.

I didnt post the address because I believe that is against policy here, correct me if I am wrong. MLK? KATH?

MoMo
03-07-2005, 12:20 PM
This is just aweful!!!! I am glad to hear you are taking action on this.

Go girl!

sonnysgirl
03-07-2005, 12:22 PM
MLK I havent been posting but believe me I am out here working behind the scenes still. When are we getting together again! Call me I have a new phone and lost your # I really wasnt avoiding u. : )

Retired-26
03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
i am so glad to hear you took this to someone, i agree it is wrong

Retired-26
03-07-2005, 12:34 PM
but since the website is not affliated the state is it still illegal? its actually about prison tattoos

jessesgirl4ever
03-07-2005, 12:36 PM
As i read this, I am seriously getting nauseated. How inhumane, degrading and sick! Please let me know what I can do to help. I am just disgusted! Is it possible that some of our loved ones are on this website? Lord, I pray not!

sonnysgirl
03-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Well, it may be on "gangs" but it is still naked prisoner's Do these guys know? I happen to know that the "person" that got this website up and running is no good. He has had inmate friendly websites shut down. We are know to this "person"-- if you will, as thug huggers. I dont think that senator whitmire, and the higher ups in TDCJ will be happy with this. Believe me.

whiskeylullabye
03-07-2005, 12:50 PM
This is sick ...
But if it isn't related to the prison system, and isn't an official website, as long as it has an adult content warning and the people on it consent to having their pictures posted, isn't it legal?

Retired-26
03-07-2005, 12:52 PM
thug huggers? wtf! i am curious to see how tdc takes this

Chloe's Mom
03-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Guys, guys... read the article. It's art photos. It's just telling about tattoos- and the very real reasons behind them. It's not bad... I think the only real crime here is that the photographer is showing real prison life. We WANT these photos out- so EVERYONE can see how real prison life is, and hopefully get spurred on to make some change. The crime is with the STATE OF TEXAS, not this photographer.

awakko1
03-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Guys, guys... read the article. It's art photos. It's just telling about tattoos- and the very real reasons behind them. It's not bad... I think the only real crime here is that the photographer is showing real prison life. We WANT these photos out- so EVERYONE can see how real prison life is, and hopefully get spurred on to make some change. The crime is with the STATE OF TEXAS, not this photographer.
I agree Chloe's Mom - assuming we're looking at the same site as the others. :) It does appear that the men are fully aware of the camera and, in fact showing their tattoos to the person shooting the pictures.

sonnysgirl
03-08-2005, 07:30 PM
I checked with several people and according to them there is nothing legally wrong with them showing these pics.

OF note, I also found out that if inmates are on the side of a major road where passing motorists are going by, TDCJ can perform strip searches on these inmates right in the publics view. This, legally can happen guys. I am sorry, but to me, that is a downright shame that this is acceptable.

Shadowgirl
03-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Could you tell me the site? I don't know what your looking at. thanks
Shadow

biscuitmom
03-08-2005, 09:48 PM
If it's the same site I saw awhile back, I agree. The men appear to be quite happy to show off their tattoos and don't look in the least like they feel they're being exploited.
IMO, the real problem is the site promotes the myth that prison gangs and tattoos are cool when in fact they pose the greatest threat of all to our loved ones in tdcj.

I agree Chloe's Mom - assuming we're looking at the same site as the others. :) It does appear that the men are fully aware of the camera and, in fact showing their tattoos to the person shooting the pictures.

PLS223
03-09-2005, 08:14 PM
I would also like to know about this site. This sounds terrible. If you don't mind, will you let me know. Thanks.

FAITHINTC
03-12-2005, 10:14 PM
I too would like to know the site thanks FAITH

Lil shy shy
03-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Do a search under prison tattoos!

Love2ER
03-13-2005, 01:06 AM
Could someone also tell me the site. This is crazy but if they know than I would think nothing could be done about it. But I do hope it puts it out there that our loved ones are being treated like freaken cattle...

Navaja
03-13-2005, 05:37 PM
I don't know what site you're talking about either - but if it's naked men, I'm not interested anyway.

I think it's probably a freedom of expression thing anyway. Censoring the Internet is something that I'm opposed to particularly if it undermines my rights and freedoms.

The argument to support these searches is to protect the guards, other prisoners, visitors, etc. While it may be degrading and humiliating to the prisoners, they're (TDCJ) going to claim that it's for the prisoner's own good. And while I don't think it should be done publicly on the side of a road, their argument does have some merit.

Regards,

Navaja