View Full Version : Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex??

AMANE
03-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi everyone....its been a LONG time since i've been in here! I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about how the visiting experience is at EKCC? I live in NY and i'm going down there next weekend to visit a friend of mine and i'm kinda nervous! Well thanks ahead of time and hope everyone is doing well these days.. :)

AMANE
03-05-2005, 07:48 AM
One more thing....i would also like to find out if anyone knows anything about the facility and how things run in there. Are the CO's nice/mean....things like that. Thanx again

babygirl350
03-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Well welcome back to Kentucky Forum. I can't answer your questions, but I can tell you they have the lowest prices both in vending machines and the canteen than any other prison in Kentucky state prisons that is, I don't know about Federal Prisons.

Good luck to you and happy visiting. I have a friend there, however, I do not visit because my husband is in prison and we can only be on one inmates visiting list in Kentucky at a time.

Please feel free to come back and let us hear of your experience, so others may learn something.

Hopefully someone will come along who has knowledge of EKCC and can help you.

Angie_Heston
05-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, I visited Eastern Correctional Complex on May 13, 2005. The complex is one of the newest prison that Kentucky has. It was my 1st visit there. It was an experience. The CO's inside seemed a bit on the edge. The guard shack attendance was very pleasant and helpful. Once you park your vehicle, you will walk towards the flags. Once you enter the facility, there is a main desk with approximately 2 quards there. You give them your driver liscense. You walk through a metal detector...you line up against the wall. Then you go down a long corridor...once you are there, you walk through another detector and proceed to line up against the wall again. They will open a door into the visiting areas. There is a U shaped desk that you go to, you tell them who you are there to see and they assign you a table. The tables are really small with 4 chairs. The tables are numbered. The inmates there have to sit facing the CO's. There is vending machines along the walls....My first experience there was ok i guess