View Full Version : Are you scared of him? (because of his violent offense)

Pages : [1] 2

LiL GhOsTS LaDY
02-03-2004, 03:43 PM
I was just wondering... i see oon here a lot of women who are really scared of there men......im not...LOL i ll kick his ass.(yeah right...LMAO) but im not for realz though..whata bout u guys?

Willsgirl
02-03-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm with u ghosts, I aint scared of him, even though he's 6'0 and I am only 5'2 I will go toe to toe with him if need be, but I aint worried about him putting his hands on me, he aint like that he would never hit a woman, his momma taught him better.

susan the finn
02-03-2004, 03:51 PM
I'm not afraid of "him" either, all thought he's only penpal/friend to me... I have never even thought I shouldn't write to someone who's in prison because I should be afraid... I know there's all kind of guys behind bars...but so is there on the streets also...

Susan

babieboo
02-03-2004, 05:09 PM
No. He never disrespects me or talks down to me and he would never hit me either...Now sometimes we play around and he will say something..but I aint sceerd!

babieboo
02-03-2004, 05:10 PM
oh but when he gets home and wants to *do it* I might be a lil scared cuz he has a wild imagination..Ha!

LiL GhOsTS LaDY
02-03-2004, 06:22 PM
LMAO, thats a good one..... babieboo

Willsgirl
02-03-2004, 06:32 PM
babieboo I feel you, mine will have done 10 when he comes home, he was only 18 when he when in. I think I may take up yoga LOL

babieboo
02-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Yes, get flexible for sure!! He already told me he was gonna twist me up like pretzel! I am scared of that!

Willsgirl
02-03-2004, 08:47 PM
LOL you better start working now

Lysbeth
02-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Not in the least. Sure I hate that he killed someone, but there were extenuating circumstances that brought that about. Yes, he has occasionally had to fight in prison - they all do - and has never come out of the wrong end of a fight. The person inside is a kindhearted, caring, loving and giving individual who would never hurt a flea without good reason. In the case of his crime, he killed in order to not be killed himself. It was a violent crime committed by a person who is generally anything BUT violent.

I am 5'2", not skinny but little enough, and weak as a kitten, I have no physical strength... I could attempt to beat the crap out of him and he wouldn't feel a thing. He is not a big guy - 5'8" and slender - but he is strong. He could easily hurt me - he never, ever would and I am not one bit scared that he ever will.

TNC
02-03-2004, 09:13 PM
My guy is big and as solid as a rock and he's not someone who you will take his family being hurt, but he would never hurt me. He doesn't even have a violent attitude. He's very intimidating looking and many years ago committed a "violent" crime, but he never hurt anyone. As I've said before you can commit a violent crime, but that doesnt make you a violent person.

So to answer the question NO, I'm not scared of him, but if anyone would hurt me then they should be

haswtch
02-03-2004, 09:14 PM
lord no, I've met scarier school board members. Hurting people is not in his emotional vocabulary.

hopefiend
02-03-2004, 09:49 PM
i'm more afraid of a spider than i am my husband! i could never be with a man that i was actually afraid of. been there, done that, got the t-shirt and used it for a rag. and although my husband's crime is sentanced as a violent career criminal (he has this thing about writing notes on the back of deposit slips asking the teller to fill up the bag with money!) he has never owned a weapon and he has never done anything that makes me afraid of him. he is not a danger to me or to other people. he is, however, a danger to himself. when he's clean (and he had nearly 10 years clean) he is the most wonderful person in the world. and when he's using... well--you know the rest of the story. so-- i'm not afraid of him-- i'm afraid for him.

Lysbeth
02-03-2004, 09:55 PM
(he has this thing about writing notes on the back of deposit slips asking the teller to fill up the bag with money!)

LOLOLOLOL! :haha: I know I probably shouldn't laugh but that is hilarious, thanks for the smile... I love your sense of humor hopefiend! :D

he is not a danger to me or to other people. he is, however, a danger to himself. when he's clean (and he had nearly 10 years clean) he is the most wonderful person in the world. and when he's using... well--you know the rest of the story.

Yup... been there, done that and got that t-shirt too here. Although my guy has not made a habit of committing crimes while using - other than the one incident which landed him where he is now, of course, but again, extenuating circumstances there. I'm not scared of that nor scared of him for me when he's using - only that he'll not wake up one day, whatever. Hopefully those days are behind us now tho - still one day at a time but he's just made so much progress the last decade I can't help but be hopeful.

Anyway, again, thanks for the laugh tho you may owe me a new keyboard for spitting coffee all over it laughing... ;)

Amy
02-03-2004, 10:42 PM
No. I am not scared of him, and he knows it too! I have showed him MANY times. I really don't see any reason to be scared of a man if he loves you.

(still shocked that no one voted that they are scared. seen it posted ALOT)

lulu
02-04-2004, 08:54 AM
I know one thing, if a person is scared of their man, they really need to evluate that relationship, not one person can live in happness with one being scared of their mate.

MizzCandy
02-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Naw I am not scared of him, we play fight alot, so sometimes we get rough but never serious, I mean cause I will just plain out drop kick him, I always let him this he has won! ( but we know who the real winner is ) LOL

nanuu99022
02-05-2004, 01:39 AM
No I'm not scared of him. The crime he comitted was very violent but I do not for one minute believe he would hurt me. I believe our love is too strong now to have violence ruin it, especially since we've just found each other again.

I too am surprised that not many people voted yes.
nanuu (nancy)

J'sGrl
02-05-2004, 10:35 AM
No, I'm not scared of my man at all. I know he wouldn't hurt me - or any other woman for that matter - his parents taught him better!

However, I'm scared of a male acquaintance... he has a record of battery crimes (and he's only 20!), and when he's using, he often acts like a psycho!
I didn't call the cops when he beat me (damn, I should have!), but I called them when he showed up at my grandparents place and threatened my whole family.
Now should he come near me again, I always carry a knife with me these days and I know how to use it.

California Sunshine
02-12-2004, 01:32 AM
No I am not although he is a violent offender in the 13 plus years I have known him he has never laid a hand on me or even thought of it and I know he never would.

Jillian
02-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Well i dont let no one put fear in my heart. I have always been very strong and he knows it from us just playing around alone.

BrotherInPrison
02-14-2004, 12:38 PM
yes I am scared of my brother and what he could do to family members and to the women he plays with. yes. very scared.

JustTami
02-14-2004, 01:26 PM
Nope... not scared of HIM. However, I am scared of the restictions that he has when he is released. I'm scared that he can't do it all, and that he will go back.

Zewskislady
02-15-2004, 08:23 AM
My man and I have had this conversation a few times, not about us, but about others being afraid of him apon his release. My man is the kindest soul you would ever want to meet, and would never intentionally hurt anyone, even though what he is convicted of had to do with another person losing their life.... I am sure all peoples stories are diffrent, and some not so diffrent. I could never be with a man I was afraid of, and I am not afraid of him, but..anyone who messes with me or his family should be afraid of him. While he is tall, muscular, and can tower over many people, he would never use his size to intimidate intentionally unless you gave him reason.... but, I am not and will never be afraid of him....

ellipanitz
03-10-2004, 05:54 PM
I have never been afraid of my husband. He is a sweet and gentle man. He has always treated me with love and respect. He does not get involved in fights in prison and will walk away from a conflict because he does not have to prove his manhood to anyone.

chiquita76
03-10-2004, 06:22 PM
I aint never scared! I know my man can do damage to me if he wants to but he wont.

princessthomas
03-11-2004, 05:04 PM
NOPE..MY HUSBAND IS A NON VIOLENT OFFENDER AND THE MOST LOVING MAN I EVER MET..IM THE MEAN ONE..LOL..HE HAS NEVER EVEN YELLED AT ME, CAN U BELIEVE THAT ONE? HIS MAMA TAUGHT HIM WELL..AND IF I EVEN YELL AT THE KIDS, HE GETS UPSET..HE WOULD NEVER FIGHT IN PRISON, HE'D WALK AWAY IN A HEARTBEAT NO MATTER WHAT THE OTHER "TOUGH GUYS" THOUGHT...SO NOPE..MY MAN IS A STRAIGHT UP LOVER!!!!:p

destineys angel
03-13-2004, 07:11 PM
No I'm not scared of him. He don't even hit women. All the times he should have he never did. I doubt if hell start now! He knows I'm not even the one to try it on either.

nicksginny
03-23-2004, 03:43 PM
I say what he did it was bad very bad , but I know with all my heart that he would never hurt me. I married Nick 1 month after what he did , so I can say I am not scared of him, I am scared of not being with him.

bikerbaby45
03-31-2004, 03:11 PM
MY hubby was charged with a violent crime, but he is not violent at all. In fact he was the one that got hurt . But he is still considered a violent offender. That is why he does'nt get another parole hearing until 2012. He can't even appeal, get post conviction relief, or a sentence modification because he pleaded guilty. But he was so messed up on alchohol and drugs at the time of his crime, and he did'nt have a good attorney to represent him. By the time he realized what he had done it was to late to withdraw his plea of guilty. He wenbt in court on a blind plea, at the mercy of the court. So the only thing we can hope for is an early parole hearing or review.I agree with TNC that someone can be arrested for a violent crime and not be a violent person. :fb:

IrasGirl
04-06-2004, 01:33 AM
my man is built like stallone and I know that he wouldn't ever raise a hand to any woman! Doesn't matter who she is. But I am not afriad of him. I think he is more afraid of me!! Ha ha ha ... He isn't a violent man, just surviving in a violent place.

DonnyBaby
04-16-2004, 03:56 PM
:p BabieBoo that's the only thing I'm "afraid" of with my honey. But other wise he is a gentle man to me.

littlesmoke
04-16-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm not scared of my bud in prison I'm scared of my ex who is out! I wish they could trade places!!

LoUiE'sLaDy
04-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Hell nah aint scared pf my man, because I know he would never raise a finger at me, let alone a hand.

BryansGRRL
04-27-2004, 03:56 PM
I don't think I understand WHY anyone would be w/someone if they were afraid of him/them? :rolleyes: My bf is a "murderer" but like someone else said there were mitigating circumstances.I would not be w/him if I was afraid of him.I think he wonders about me! :D Oddly enough we can't have hammers in the house! :haha:

wannamae
04-28-2004, 01:10 AM
:nono: :shake:

:)

Wifeof7
04-29-2004, 01:59 PM
:blah: He is a violent offender and sweet as a puppy but can get me as a bull dogg! The best part about it all is that I am even meaner!! :slap:

IronDaisy
05-14-2004, 01:40 AM
I'm not afraid of Aaron at all. My friends are afraid for me.. but I know Aaron would never lay a finger on me. When I look at him, its hard for me to imagine him ever hurting anyone period! But when I told him my friends were tripping that he may hurt me, he got upset because he was afraid I thought that he would hurt me.. I had to reinforce him, that I am not afraid!! I feel his crime could have been done by anyone.. I know there have been times where Ive wanted to hurt people.. I just had the brain to NOT do it.. he had the drugs that was stopping his brain from thinking before he acted.. so he's paying the price now! But no, I am not afraid of him at all!!

He should be more afraid of me then I should be of him :cool:

Dani

brin
06-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Im only 5'2", and hes alot bigger, but never been afraid of him...
He brought it to my attention at the last visit though, that HE'S afraid of ME!!
Apparently, Im scary when pi**ed. He made the mistake on the last phone argument of putting his cellie on to defend him, and vouce for what he was saying...when they got off the cellie told him "that was the WORST 15 min of my life, and IM in PRISON!!"

jblovesdb
06-24-2004, 01:32 PM
As many of you said, I am NOT scared of Dave at all!!! Sure he's 5'9" and 185 lbs of complete muscle (and all prison muscle, from many times of being locked up) and I am 5' and 108 lbs of no muscle...but I am not scared of him at all. Hell, I am the one that does the hitting and Brin I agree with you to the fullest, don't mess with me when I am pissed. Yea, if Dave wanted he could lay me out, quick, but he would never do such a thing. He's a beast when it comes to fighting guys, but he would never hit a girl. And trust me I know this for sure, he has had many times where if I was him I would've punched me dead in my face, but he has never done that. I was in a relationship before where I was abused, but not really scared still, but I won't do that again. If you are in a relationship where you are scared, I don't think that is the best relationship. Hugs:p
-Jackie

iznam3
06-25-2004, 08:21 AM
I am not scared of my man, even though he could knock me the &*$% out if he wanted to. He is awesome, he would never let anything happen to his family. Which is why I feel more safe with him than anything. He's a tough mofo, but a big teddy bear when it comes to me and his daughter.

Can I get an AMEN for the prison muscles? (muy caliente! - lol)

brin
06-26-2004, 09:25 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Pinky99
06-29-2004, 08:24 PM
I am not scared or afraid of my man at all. He is the most loving and respectfull man to me. He would never do anything to hurt me. But boy if anyone ever tried to disrespect me, I feel sorry for them because my man won't stand for that.

StacysWar030
07-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Nope I'm not scared......I remind him I KNOW where he sleeps :D :D He's not a violent man anyway.

Stacy

Ebony's spice
07-05-2004, 03:24 AM
At least it seems our "violent offenders" are nice to us! And they'd better be, right? No really, my man is a fighter - bad - won't back down when it'd be in his own best interest. However.....he's totally respectful to me. He loved his mother and I know she raised a man that treats women right. He is, however, very protective. If anyone messed with me or my children, then he'd be showin' that violent side.

Jyndasa
07-26-2004, 06:45 PM
My husband murdered his first wife twenty-one years ago and spent 20 years in prison. Everyone thinks I should be afraid of him, but I'm not. Twenty years ago, he was a 28-year-old drug addict who went into a rage because his wife was divorcing him. Today he is 48 and has been clean for 17 years. He did make a mistake and has to go do 22 more months, but it wasn't a violent offense or related to drugs. Joseph wouldn't hurt anyone now. If I was afraid of him, I wouldn't be married to him.

babylove
07-28-2004, 01:19 AM
During our relationship there was a few times when Ron really scared me but I knew it was the drugs and not taking his medication that was affecting the way he acted and percieved everything. He has hurt me a few times like slapped me when I said something mean but he has never ever hurt me bad. I have learned about his illness and learned to deal and cope with it and how to help him so he can get better. I stuck by his side when no one else believed in him and I will continue to do so until the day we die

rays_babygirl
09-02-2004, 06:53 PM
I am not scared of Ray. Others might be but I am not. I know deep down inside he is a big sweetie pie.LOL:p He was nothing to mess with in his past but now he is so sweet. He knows better than to try me..I will beat him down....:D (YEAH RIGHT)

MZachow
09-06-2004, 09:33 PM
My brother gets out of prison 12/2005 and he has been in there for 20 years. Sometimes I'm afraid of him because over the last 20 years he has went through periods where he has been angry at all of us (his family). I think it's because he is in there and our lives have continued to go on? I also feel that he killed my stepfather more to protect us from him and I guess he feels in a way he's in there because of us?

Michelle Z.

MookieCollins
09-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Pooh's got serious violent charges he's fighting now and he acted in self defense - he also has a violent conviction for assaulting some dude, but the time we were together I never once saw him act out violently or disrespectfully to anyone. We talked about our anger, each of us have tempers, and we agreed to no name calling, no pushing or shoving and hitting.

But to answer your question, I'm not afraid of him. If I was, I wouldn't be with him.

Retired-26
09-22-2004, 07:27 AM
ummm...just a little, matt is a violent offender and i know that, but not really scared of him, just of what he could potentially do to others. im just hoping he will change his old ways like we all do!

BryansGirl
09-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Nah I'm not scared of him

JJsGB
09-27-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm not scared of my man. I'm deathly terrified of crickes though. He jokes with me that he'll get some crickets and bring them into the house with him to make me scared of him. I tell him that once those crickets are gone, it'll be me and him one and one and I'll win. Yeah right. He'd never hurt me ever. Let someone else hurt me or my son and that's an ass whoopin they ain't never had. My baby doesn't play. For me he's a soft cuddly teddy bear. = )

Mckenly'zBoo
09-27-2004, 11:31 AM
I am no where near scared of McKenly. That boy knows I would whoop his ass if he ever talked to me the wrong way, never mind EVER laying a hand on me. LOL!!! No but seriously, he has way more respect for himself and for me than to ever do something to hurt or harm me. Thats why I Love him!!! :)

coryswife
09-27-2004, 06:16 PM
I am never afraid of my man!! he would never hurt me. I know that I am #1 in his life and he loves me too much to hurt me.

Reikimom
09-30-2004, 05:10 AM
Yep. He doesn't have the anger management skills to control his moods and emotions that he wears on his sleeve. He's habitual VO and DV.

kimMitchell
10-01-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm not scared of my husband, even though he is in for Murder.
I grew up with him and know that what happened was some crazy situation, that he got caught up in.
I know he loves me and would never hurt me............

SadGirlBX
10-05-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm 5 7" he's 6 1" never been scared of him . He's my big teddy bear

shiningdrum
10-14-2004, 01:19 AM
No I am not afraid of him. He is my life long love, the father of my two children, my rock, my sounding board and my biggest supporter and fan. Life with a lifer is tough and often very lonely but over the years we have adjusted and learned to appreciate what time we have. Murder one had nothing to do with me. He has been angry with me and NEVER raised his hands, spoke a threat or been cruel. I have been with him since I was 12. He grew up BIG. He is 6' 3 " and 269 lbs. As he would say he is a big F'ing Indian and I love him and trust him with my life. I am now middle aged. That has to say something. Fear is immaterial. How can you love someone you live in fear of? hmmm that would make for good research. ShiningDrum

thiscrazylove
10-14-2004, 02:28 AM
Actually he has never ever threatened or hurt me in any way but the CDC thinks he has to be in the SHU cause hes a threat to other inmates and staff...lol Funny thing is I was with another guy who was the "great" type, the one everyone else thought was so perfect and he gave me black eyes and bruises. I told him ,"My man committed a violent crime and never layed a finger on me, what makes u think u can?" Its the ones you would never expect.

Bubbles7598
10-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Jason knows better not to try to scare me cuz if he did, he wouldnt live to tell the tale!!:D But seriously, he is not a violent person at all. He may have been involved in an armed robbery but he did do anything to hurt anyone. In fact he wasnt holding a weapon but yet he got 3 counts for having one. He may have a "tuff guy" attitude but he is not like that with me our our family.

whiskeylullabye
10-14-2004, 02:15 PM
I do not understand why he did what he did, but I am not afraid of him.

pacosgirl
10-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Hell no im not scared of him, I don't care that his doing time for murder I'll kick his butt...
just kidding but if your scared of your man why be with him...

MrsPhil
11-02-2004, 09:53 AM
My amn is in for a murder that his co deffendant did and he took the fall for. Like someone else said the only people that need to be afraid of him are any that would hurt or disrespect me. This man loves me with all of his heart and never once have I been afraid he would hurt me!

KevinsLonelyGrl
11-23-2004, 06:31 PM
I've never been scared of Kevin...he's never been violent towards me or even called me out of my name. He's a PERSON, not a crime.

MrsWest11
11-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Hmm...I'm tryin' to figure out why I voted in the poll a long time ago but never did my response. :rolleyes: (forgetful I guess....)

Anyway...No, I'm not scared of Kevin...not at all. He has never been anything but respectful, loving and caring to me. I honestly couldn't be with him if I was afraid of him. Like KevinsLonelyGirl said...he is a person...not a crime. He did what he had to do to keep from getting killed himself. But, he is far from a "violent person"...ya know? Well, except...if somebody tried to harm me or any of his family...that is when his "violent" side would shine through...but other than that...he's just the sweetest (and most gentle) man I've ever met in my life. :p

:grouphug:
Selena

missmyhubby
12-01-2004, 08:59 PM
No I am not afraid of my baby. He treats me like a princess!! :)

tucks_truth
12-16-2004, 08:37 AM
No matter how "violent" the system says he is, there has never been a time when i was ever afraid of him. My temper is MUCH worse than his and he knows if he ticks me off, he will be sleeping with one eye open!:D

Miss_Lady320
12-26-2004, 12:41 AM
im not afraid of my husband in the least bit-im 4'10 100 pounds hes 6'1 180, violent offender (stabbed a few people in thier faces)-but-theres never a reason there to make me fear him.

sweetestsin7
12-30-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm not afraid of my baby, he's never given me a reason to be....the things he says I know he wouldn't hurt me in anyway...not if he has anything to do with it. He just wants me to be happy, and I am...with him.

JessDaPrincess
12-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Hell no, I'm not scared of him... to me he's like a teddy bear and when it comes to me... he would NEVER do anything to hurt me or give me a reason to be scared of him!!!! I wouldn't be with him if I felt a reason to fear him!!!! People who try to mess with me should fear him though, because he doesn't take that too lightly!!!! He is way over-protective of me and will not hesitate to snap on someone for crossing his lady the wrong way!!! I love him, he's my teddy bear and my body guard, what more can I ask for?!!!! No wonder why he's my best friend, my love, and the only person that makes me see forever when I look into his eyes :D !!!!!!!!!!

leeahjb
01-02-2005, 01:20 AM
not afraid of my man unless someone took his tweenkie! hes a big guy and loves his sweets.

richie'sgirl
01-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Richie is on death row,so in the eyes of many in society,he is amongst the worst of the worst.
He is 5ft 11in,225lbs and he admitted to me on our last visit that he is often so glad he is behind a sheet of glass for visit's because he is scared of me when I get mad.All 5ft 2in of me!
I would never have let him into my son's life if I thought he could be violent,he's like a huge teddy bear.

ChandaMija
02-04-2005, 03:28 AM
02/04/2005 Hmm.... Everyone got instinct inside us and there lies a bit of fear that gives us adrenaline when we are scared shitless or extremely pissed. Adrenaline gives us power and intimidating actions to protect ourselves from being killed. I've been writing a penpal who's a convicted murderer. I got approved just a lil' before NYE 2004. I visited him over a dozen times already. He went to prison at age 17 and haven't felt emotions for a female since 19. He is now 26. He got only 4 to 6 years to do. His mind and his heart are separate and he's very logical. I have a tiny bit of fear of him because my mind's set that a convicted murderer is capable of ANYTHING, including taking my and my son's lives. But I'm starting to see how he is towards me. I never thought a hardened man with a vanished heart could hold my hand then say, "Chanda, you are my angel.... Shit. I really like you." He even showed me his 3 poems of his dark side when he was younger. I love them and I do cherish him. He reminds me of my first love but I remind myself that Mickey has his own individuality and we are learning about each other. We speak the same language and could communicate smoothly. My mother is worried about my falling for Mickey. He wants me to meet his mother at the visit someday soon. But two questions still stands... He said I had 3 brief shock reflexes during our visit when he grabbed and held my hands. 1) Does that mean I am afraid of him subconciously? The society in real life treats me like poison because I share about my intention to keep visiting this convicted murderer and the fact that I'm falling for him and trying my best to take it slow and carefully. 2) How do I deal with the society when I say my "boyfriend" is in prison for murder and they say I'm NUTS for loving a violent offender?

sharonno1
02-04-2005, 03:37 AM
lol no not at all he has never disrespected me at all i have never heard him raise his voice

CRAZY4ALBERT
02-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Nope! I Am Not Afraid Of Him, No Reason Why I Should Be ( He Should Be Afraid Of Me.....lol...j/k!!).

ToAsTy
02-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Nope not at all, he has never given me a reason to be afraid of him, he's my teddy bear :)

donnysgirl4life
02-22-2005, 10:08 AM
I Love my man and everything about him, Including how gentle he is!!!

yanigirl
02-22-2005, 10:38 AM
I am not the least bit scared of my sweetie. I am 5'3 and he is about 5'5. I am not fat but am more solid then him he is linky and very slim. He is a man so I don't want to doubt him but we would be rumbling if he tried something stupid. I wish he would. But really he is too sweet for something like that. He would never do anything to hurt me.

yanigirl
02-22-2005, 10:39 AM

cawillia
02-22-2005, 11:12 AM
It's interesting that nobody is afraid of their guy....Of course that is a good thing! As for me, in my eyes, Alex couldn't hurt a fly! However, I know what he did....and that's scary for me- that he is capable of doing that. of course he's out now and everything is fine.....I hope it isn't misinterpreted that I'm scared of him b/c I am not... I am scared of what he is capable of while he's on drugs or very intoxciated.

BMndBabygirl
02-22-2005, 12:56 PM
I am not scared of my man. I think there should be a level of "cautiousness" in any relationship- never bneing too comfortable in a relationship. Would i call it being scared- no. I am afraid of what Michael COULD do- but never afraid of him doin it to me. There are the people who make your man angry and then the people who make your man happy and you should always be on the very top of that list- but occasionaly i will be on the "angry list" too. haha

BMndBabygirl
02-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I am not scared of him. I think there should be a level of "cautiousness" in a relationship- never be too comfortable. I am scared of what Michael is capable of but never worried that he would do those things to me. There are the people who make your man angry (the angry list) and the people who make your man happy (the happy list) - You should always be at the very top of that list and occasionally at the top of the "angry list" too... lol hahah

Lilboobooev
02-22-2005, 01:39 PM
my hubby...even though he acts a little nutso with others now and than had done nothing but protect and love me since day one! :heart:

bbacic
02-22-2005, 02:13 PM
No I am not afraid of him I could throw him over my shoulder and carry him out lol!
No he's 6'3 and I am 5'2 but he is so skinny I could break him in half haha! I just love him and what would be the point to be with your man if your scared of him? I don't understand that concept. Now to maybe ask are you afraid of his crime?

bbacic
02-22-2005, 02:15 PM
No I am not scared of my man, I could throw him over my shoulder and carry him out lol!
No he's 6'3 I am 5'2 but he is so skinny I could break him in half lol! What would be the point of being with your man if you are scared of him? Now you may ask are you scared of his crime?

AdamsWife
02-24-2005, 06:22 PM
First off, my husband has ALWAYS been nothing but gentle towards me - even when we disagree, he's quiet and speaks his mind civily. He's very patient and understanding. Sometimes I can not even believe he's in for a violent offense cuz he's such a sweetie! But I realise that what he did in the past, happened when he was young(er) and stupid...boys will be boys :rolleyes:
He's grown a lot emotionally and learned from those days and is now a reformed bad boy :p Yay!

pam112856
02-24-2005, 06:53 PM
you know the woman makes the man

his ex-wife tried to make me scared of him ,it almost worked ,but he says i make him who he is now and he is the same sweet boy i knew when i was 14 . not the mean so---- she tried to make me believe he is .

MsAloha1018
02-25-2005, 01:16 PM
I've seen my guy get violent once, but that was because there were 3 guys coming up against him so he was doing it to protect himself. And it went a little far once between the two of us, but there were drugs and alcohol involved on BOTH our parts and so we weren't right. My Higher Power willing, that part of our lives has been over with for years...

I'm not afraid of my guy now, even though he IS 6 feet 5 inches tall and about 250 pounds. But I'm a big girl too and have NO PROBLEM standing up for my rights. My father was a violent man and I grew up watching him make mincemeat out of my mother as well as beating the crap out of us kids. Nope, won't have it.

sum_gurl187
02-25-2005, 06:11 PM
my boyfriend has hit other girls many times, even infront of me. but he has never hit me. he is currently in prison for a home invasion. inside the house of the victim, he even threatend to kill them and their kids. yet when he went down in the basement and talked to the kids. when the kids were interviewed by the police, they said he was nice. go figure. there is no reason to fear a violent offender unless they show a lot of agression towards you.

Amy1970
03-01-2005, 03:13 AM
I've had to laugh here. We are a very strange looking couple. I'm 6'1" and he's 5'2" lol. I have seen him bring down someone that was a lot bigger than me tho, so i know he COULD seriously hurt me, but I know he wouldn't. We have had our fair share of spats, like any other "normal" couple (my philosophy is if you NEVER argue, there is something very wrong with your relationship. Nobody thinks the same on EVERY issue). So the possibility has been there. But he has NEVER become physical with me. He knows that if he ever hits me in anger, I'm out the door and gone for good. Bottom line is, if I were scared of him, I wouldn't of stayed with him this long.

one_luv
03-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Heck no. If I was to get mad and want to beat the sh$$ out of my thug, he'd just stand there and take it because that's how much he loves me. In fact, when he gets home after 13 years away, he's got one a$$-whooping coming.
My babe doesn't scare me a bit, never has, but he does scare other people because he can look mean. But once you talk to him you see he's not what you thought he was.

johnsbabygirl31
03-04-2005, 05:30 PM
I agree with ya cawillia I am so not scared of John but scared of what he can or did do while he was on drugs and alcohol he is a big teddy bear but he does have a temper I know he would never hurt me though and he is working on his temper and has came a really long way I am proud of him :)

jabbasgirl33
03-06-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm not scared of my man either,and he was convicted for a vc also but when i look into is eyes i can see the sweetness and gentle person that i know that he is. I know that he loves me and i him, and he won't do anything to hurt me. Or anyone else without good cause!

PowandVonne
03-12-2005, 05:53 PM
I am not scared of my husband because first of all, he aint dumb enough to even thinking about lifting a finger to me cuz my daddy, and brother will be the next ones in prison...lmao. He is not a violent person in that sense. But I do think he would do anything to protect me, which worries me.

Jimmy's baby
03-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Oh no I'm not scared of him...he only likes to fight boys! LMAO:D No really I'm scared FOR him...because trying to break away from a gang when you're tatted back like he is...is going to be hard. I think the hardest thing for him will be walking away from someone who wants to start crap. :mad:

Psalms31chick
03-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Nope Not Scared Of Him But I'm Scared To Death Of Losing Him.

brownshuga27
03-31-2005, 03:04 PM
no im not scared of him! he hasn't done anything to make me scared of him. if he ever tried , i would be sitting behind bars next! LOL

tiffany91687
04-04-2005, 12:15 PM
my situation is totally different.. i fell n love wth a man that is now serving 10 years.and i posted all the time... things change.. ppl grow apart.. fell in love with another man who just so happened to be a parolee as well... but with Richard(1st one) we go into fights all the times... knock down drag outs.. scared.... no.... but Hosain... the 2nd one..( we recently broke up b/c he is well on his way back) we fought BAD........ fist fights...hes not much bigger...but the ones that are your size are so F*cking strong... was i scared of him.. yes.. but that just added to the love.. not the fact that he hit me.. but i felt safe... hard to understand unless you've been there done that...but i noticed everyone has said hey are not scared..like i said scared.... not that much.but REAL hesitant and learned to bite my tounge with hosain.. niether one of them have been or in prison for violent crimes.... the drugs...& i hate to blame the drugs b/c it is used so often as an excuse... they both had it in them.. and both would do it again no matter how much they swear... the drugs just knock down that wall blocking back all the hatred and anger...& of course the ones that love them the most they will treat like shit... might sound ridiculous to anyone who hasnt been there... but love will make a women put up with ALOT of stupid shit....

babygurl919
06-01-2005, 02:27 AM
lol my baby has a violent past.. bringing a gun and knife to school and threatening to use it, getting into fights (with other guys), and his current bid is for a violent felony.. but when you hear the story behind it, you just want to laugh that they even considered it violent... long story short, he went to a friend's grandma's house to get some stuff he had left there.. she wouldn't let him in so he shoved the door open... she fell down and broke her wrist...:( he never actually laid a finger on her and it's not like he sat there and beat her with a bat or something, damn... but anyways, no i am not scared of him.. yes, he has a temper, but he would NEVER EVER lay a hand on me :D

marthadylan
06-09-2005, 10:27 PM
I am not scared of Bobby at all! This was almost a one time thing and it landed him in prison...I think he has learned his lesson!!! He would never hurt me, my son or his son! He is such a softie, but it is so cute!!

ch0l0z_lad13
06-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Nope! I'm not scared of my babe at all. He told me the day he ever felt that he had to hit me he'd leave me. He won't put his hands on me! I know he loves me and I love him too so it's just like that. No need to be with a man that you're scared of!!!!

PowandVonne
06-10-2005, 12:55 PM
LMAOOO. I can't help but laugh when I read this post. I wish Jerrod would try and raise a hand to me. Not only would it be funny because I will whoop his a**, but that's not even in his nature. He is totally against women beaters. What I AM afraid of, is the fact of how far he will go to protect me, that does scare me. He is EXTREMELY over-protective of me. :o

Valentine4ever
07-02-2005, 01:15 PM
HELLO,

NO I'M NOT SCARED OF MY VALENTINE.....HE'S HAD HIS SHARE OF HARD TIMES BUT WHO HASN'T....THE ONLY THING THAT SCARES ME IS HOW MY BODY CRAVES HIM....AND HOW IT WILL REACT WITH HIM WHEN HE COMES HOME.....WHEW!!!!!! NOW THAT'S A SCARY THOUGHT!!!!!! OUTSIDE OF THAT HE KNOWS WHAT I STAND FOR.....SO I'M NOT WORRIED AT ALL ABOUT HIM STEPPING OUTSIDE HIS MIND AND PUTTING HIS HANDS ON ME IN AN UNLOVING WAY!!!!!:thumbsup:

English'n'alone
07-05-2005, 06:40 AM
My hubby has never raised his hand to me or our children, he is not violent at all, I have never been scared of him.

4MyBabyBoy
07-16-2005, 09:40 AM
no, if i was i wouldnt be with him. his behind is scared of me...lol

stormierain
07-21-2005, 11:06 AM
oh this is to funny. mine is scared of me!!!! he has it marked when i will be in pms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Paul'sGirl
07-21-2005, 11:16 AM
This is beyond funny. My husband is 6'8 and he got one time to raise up on me. If anything he's worried about me raising up on him. He's the type that would fight for me, over me and about me but he'd never actually raise a hand to fight me. There have been a couple of times when he called himself checking me in a letter but as soon as visiting day came and I got in his face and asked him to repeat what he said he backed up real quick. So to answer your question........no I'm not afraid of my man. Never have been never will be.

lilithinwaiting
07-21-2005, 06:53 PM
No, I am not afaid of him , but he has never hurt me, I supose if he were to start beating me , I would be afraid of him but that fear would cause me to run an ice pick right through him so perhaps he had better be afraid of me LOL

DarRsassy49
07-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Hi Ladies,

Please be careful!I met my husband about 5 years ago, as a pen-pal. 2years ago we got married while he was still locked up,I had all the faith and trust in the world in him....Until he was released!! He was home for 2 1/2 days, before he turned into a monster. It was so bad that by the 3d day I had to make him leave. So to all of you....things aren't always what they appear to be

lilithinwaiting
07-22-2005, 03:00 PM
How right you are. People will say and do anything in one situation and turn like a vicious dog the next.

AngelRose
08-03-2005, 05:17 PM
LMAO-OF EUGENE, NO WAY! SURE, HE IS 6'0 225LBS AND iM LIKE 5'1 112LBS BUT HEJUST MAKES IT ALL THE MORE EXCITING..HEHE I KNOW HE WOULD NEVER HURT ME ,NOT IN THE WAY WERE TALKING ABOUT, ANYWAY((WINK)) THINK I'LL TAKE UP YOGA, TOO ALONG WITH PILATES..HEHE

taylormade
08-05-2005, 08:58 AM
LoL Scared has NEVER been a part of mine and my husbands relationship. He killed someone... but he would NEVER EVER EVER EVER!! touch me. He knows better than that ;) ... He's pretty stout ... but that doesn't matter. I know his weak spots ;) :p

Jimmy's baby
08-11-2005, 12:40 PM
no, just scared for him. When you corner a tiger, he's going to attack...I just wonder what happens when you get released after a ten year sentence, and you already have three strikes. Knowing that he's going to have to walk on egg shells for the rest of his life, and knowing ONE screw up means life in prison. What will he do? :confused:

Ms. Cuteness
09-20-2005, 02:41 PM
i have to say i am not scared of my baby, but i must admit he has a hot temper, never with me, we never argue or anything like that. he knows that if he ever hits me, one of us will be dead and the other in prison, and he knows i wont be the one dead, nuff said.

Wife C
09-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Not at all. I could never be with someone that I was afraid of. He is and always has been very respectful to me and has a problem with men that put their hands on a woman. My only fear is what he would do to someone that bothered me or our family.

whiskeylullabye
09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm with Wife, I guess sometimes I worry what he might do if someone was to hurt me or our (unborn, unconceived) children, but I'm not afraid.

Mike1963
09-22-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm not women. But hell naw i'm not scared of my man. If he ever tried to hurt me and i live through it..he may just meet his maker

whiskeylullabye
09-22-2005, 06:12 PM
LOL, Mike I'm with you :)

babygirl350
09-26-2005, 10:23 PM
I was just wondering... i see oon here a lot of women who are really scared of there men......im not...LOL i ll kick his ass.(yeah right...LMAO) but im not for realz though..whata bout u guys?

Wow, I just saw the date on this thread and it is an oldie, but of course it still is an excellent question.

I am not scared of my husband. If I was, I wouldn't of married him. I think though perhaps some people maybe because of the crimes involved.

I also think we have to look at the violent crime and see how it happened. Not that it in any way shape or form justifies it, but it may bring us a clue as to why the behavior. Was it done under the influence of drugs/alcohol. Are they still abusing drugs/alcohol? If they are then I would say perhaps one needs to take a close look at what it is doing to them.

There are a multitude of reasons for violent crimes. They are not all premeditated. Some are purely accidental. Some are through circumstance, such as my husband's case.

babygirl350
09-26-2005, 10:33 PM
no, just scared for him. When you corner a tiger, he's going to attack...I just wonder what happens when you get released after a ten year sentence, and you already have three strikes. Knowing that he's going to have to walk on egg shells for the rest of his life, and knowing ONE screw up means life in prison. What will he do? :confused:

Hopefully, he will find peace when he gets released and perhaps take some classes on management of anger or whatever has troubled him in the past such as drugs/alcohol.

There are alot of support groups that are no cost and available to all who wish to attend. It may mean that he will need to attend those for awhile anyway.

I personally feel that prison does not help an inmate with anger not in a positive way anyway. I feel it only creates more negativity in them.

I know my husband has taken anger management courses in prison and has even shared his homework with me and it has not helped him.

Only time will tell. If they enjoy their freedom when they are released, I would think they will do everything they can to stay out and travel this new journey.

MurphyGirl
09-27-2005, 10:30 AM
I know one thing about my guy...He is a mean SOB...he's kicked butt on some pretty bad dudes and never lost a fight. He can get so mad that he doesn't see straight, but thru all of that he has never hit me, raised his voice or called me a bad name. I trust my life with him.

penwife

mrschris
09-29-2005, 10:25 AM
i'm not afraid of chris. if i were...i wouldn't be able to have a relationship with him. he's never blown out so badly that i felt fear. i think sometimes i'm way more aggressive than he is. and when we disagree...we go toe to toe, and i've never felt that fear. plus, he knows how to communicate, so i always can get insight into how he's feeling. and that helps to eliminate any fear (aka sometimes i don't know what he's thinking or feeling, and that's scary). i was in a relationship that i felt some fear at times, and i never knew what he was thinking, so it was bad. but chris is great- he's teaching me how to be a better communicator myself :thumbsup:

its me
10-03-2005, 12:55 PM
nope,plain and simple.

Tepee
10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
I have never been afraid of Jonathan. We have had stupid disagreements but like most of you women have said I'll go "toe to toe" with him about something and nine times out of ten he'll be the one to back down. But seriously Jonathan doesn't have it in him to hurt me. Not physically, mentally or emotionally.

robs_angel
10-15-2005, 03:03 PM
no not at all , i love him and trust him with mine and his sons life, he is a wonderful person, and he would never ever hyrt me, or his sons!

Sarah Moats
robs_angel

Em77
10-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Never have been. Its hard to believe he is listed as a violent offender.
My kids aren't scared of him. He is scared of them more likely. As when they are bored they love to annoy him!!! LOL

sherry_wine
10-17-2005, 05:09 PM
no, I'm not scared of him, just afraid he will lose me cause of his
being stuck on stupid! Okay he wants to get Married, cause he's
says I'm his soulmate and now he says will be together forever
so why get Married?? I say Bye I sent the letter today!!
Am I wrong??

amurray
11-08-2005, 09:42 AM
my baby committed 1st degree murder back in 1993 when we were both 18 years old. We already had a child who was 2 years old so I knew him before he went to prison obviously. It was totally out of character for him to do this crime even though he could snap and want to fight a dude in a minute! He was always the class clown and very silly. He killed this dude because he thought he was pulling a gun so he shot first. So no, Im not scared of him because of his crime. him committing murder and going to prison does not define my man.I hope all of you agree.

Atalie
11-08-2005, 01:10 PM
amurray, welcome to PTO! I think most of us involved with a violent offender do not define them by their crime.

LadyMel2626
11-18-2005, 07:35 PM
no im not scared of him because im so crazy about him but when he comes home and pulls some crap it always can be taken care of :) im a tough girl lol

chuysgal
11-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I am not afraid of my husband even though he violently murdered someone in a fit of rage. But the person he murdered is why everyone says I should be afraid (you would SHIT if you knew). But I aint trippin because he regrets what he did and would never make that mistake again.

johns blossom
12-17-2005, 09:30 PM
My man scares me with just words in his letters! He has a very bad temper and alot of anger built up inside of him... He was in ad-seg 23/7 for 7 1/2 years.. Just been back in G-pop a little over a year..Has spent most of that time in the hole...He just finds it difficult not to fight....he thinks that is his survival. ..when he gets out....(many years to go) I think he will get a better grip on his emotions...but to be honest...as much as I love him, I may not be there. He is bringing me down day by day..letter by letter.. He always says he's sorry..afterwards..for taking out his frustrations on me...but I stay in turmoil and I am starting to think about getting out now with a little bit of dignity I have left...well, sorry to go on about me.....thanks for listening tho! I just had to get this out !! Im really tore down about him..........

MurphyGirl
12-18-2005, 10:26 AM
johns blossom,

I am sorry that you are going thru this. Just remember that you should always put yourself first and if you don't want to be brought down by his words anymore then you should just walk away.
Either way, no matter what you decided, I want you to know that we are here for you. This forum is filled with kind, loving , unjudgemental people who care about you.

hugs,
Ann

PattiD1157
01-01-2006, 02:22 PM
johns blossom, I am very sorry for the emotional turmoil you are going through. As penwife stated you do need to put yourself first. If you don't look out for #1 nobody will. Life is to short the way it is to have to live in fear, even by words in a letter. We are here to support you in what ever decisions you make. We all have broad shoulders and are here to listen. Thank you for expressing your feelings. I am sure that there are so many that feel the way you do. Hang in there and know we are here for you.

babygirl350
01-01-2006, 03:26 PM
My man scares me with just words in his letters! He has a very bad temper and alot of anger built up inside of him... He was in ad-seg 23/7 for 7 1/2 years.. Just been back in G-pop a little over a year..Has spent most of that time in the hole...He just finds it difficult not to fight....he thinks that is his survival. ..when he gets out....(many years to go) I think he will get a better grip on his emotions...but to be honest...as much as I love him, I may not be there. He is bringing me down day by day..letter by letter.. He always says he's sorry..afterwards..for taking out his frustrations on me...but I stay in turmoil and I am starting to think about getting out now with a little bit of dignity I have left...well, sorry to go on about me.....thanks for listening tho! I just had to get this out !! Im really tore down about him..........

Just wanted to say that in my opinion life is too short to live in a state of fear. You have to do what is right for you. If you are in this state of fear now while he is incarcerated, chances are strong that when he is released, it could be more of the same fear for you, which no one should have to endure.

I honestly believe that people are sorry when they get violent, however, being sorry unfortunately doesn't change their behavior. Certainly if it keeps on continuing it can only bring people around that person down.

Just want you to know that we are all here for you and whatever you decide know that we will stand by you.

Take good care of yourself and be safe. Safe in your body as well as your mind. Life is much too short.

thatwiz
01-03-2006, 01:27 PM
No way. His PO wanted to talk to me when I took him home-wanted to know if I knew what his crimes were. My baby had told him the day before that I know everything about him and he never lies to me, plus I was with him years before his incarceration. In five years, he's never so much as raised his voice to me(I think sometimes he's scared of me-he wouldn't do anything to make me leave or even think about it) and he's got a very quick temper with other people and I know he pounded out quite a few when he was locked up, but that doesn't happen when I'm around.

JohnsHeart
01-03-2006, 02:27 PM
No I am not afraid of John.

Ashleynicole
01-12-2006, 08:46 PM
you know what i am gonna have to say; there are some times when i wonder to myself is he serious! Cause he talks alot about death adn things like that and sometimes i am like "wtf" but all in all he knows me well enough and has seen my side of violence to know that i will square up with his ass!!! so to answer your question NO!

MiniMe
01-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Wow, this sounds so much like me and my fiance. He is 6'0 Ft 245 pds and I am 5'2 126 pds. In the almost two years we have been together, he has never hit me, or raised his hand to me. We have gotten into some shouting matches, but he would never hit a woman. I am not scared of him, nor have I ever been scared of him.
Aside from what he was convicted for, he is the most gentle man that you would ever want to meet.

wildvalleyrose
02-01-2006, 11:16 AM
I guess I'm the exception here. I wasn't afraid of him when I first met him when he first got done serving 8 years for attempted murder. But I sure ended up terrified several months later. Holy @$^&! Still, I love him so deeply and we are very close. He's locked up again and I feel bad that I'm relieved.

waitingforhim19
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm not afraid of my fiance at all. I told him when we first met (while he was in) that I my dad has guns and I know how to shoot them. I told him that if he ever laid a hand on me I would kill him. Boy, you should have seen his eyes pop out when I said that.:eek: He knows that I'm tough and I don't put up with men that beat women. I had a friend that was beat to death by her fiance and another friend that just got out of a relationship like that. He said that he can't even watch shows where women or animals are getting beat because it just makes him sick. He's not in for hurting anyone, he just burglarized a house and stole ten guns (with no intent to hurt anyone). Good luck to all of you who are afraid of your men and stay safe. God Bless You!

JohnsHeart
02-14-2006, 10:46 AM
John and I had our first visit this weekend. I was nervous on saturday but as soon as he came in the room everything was fine :) the wire was the only thing that bothered me, that and the guards.
Check out our visit photos (click my profile, then homepage then click John and Shana visit photo link from main page )

chickletone
02-15-2006, 05:23 PM
John and I had our first visit this weekend. I was nervous on saturday but as soon as he came in the room everything was fine :) the wire was the only thing that bothered me, that and the guards.
Check out our visit photos (click my profile, then homepage then click John and Shana visit photo link from main page )
Congrats on your visit!!! I hope its the first of many! The pic was great you both looked very happy!!! I hope he knows how lucky he is to have you in his life!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4ever2gether
02-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I have no reason whatsoever to ever be afraid of him!

I do tease him at times telling him I'm so scared of what he's going to do to me when he gets home - but in a good sense if ya know what I mean ;)

BTW - AWESOME PICS JohnsHeart!!! :thumbsup:

JohnsHeart
02-19-2006, 09:45 AM
:)

Matilhda
03-04-2006, 06:27 PM
I am not afraid of C. He has been in for a few years now and is half way thru. He had fights, a lot of fights, a whole lot of fights in the beginning. He jokes around a lot but is still very intimidating to others and I know what he is capable of. That being said I know he would never do anything to hurt me.

EmptyShoeBoxes
03-15-2006, 03:17 PM
No, I'm not scared of him. He's changed so much and now I don't think he could really hurt anyone, unless the person hurt someone he loves. He's my big teddy bear :)

Demon's Angel
04-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Hell no. Heh. We used to fight before I got pregnant with our son. (After we found out I got to be the pampered princess;) ) We were both in a really bad situation and tense as anything.

One of the reasons we've always felt comfortable being with each other is we're both really intimidating people, but we're immune to each other. If anything he should be sceered of me! There's scars on each cheek from me grabbing his face in my hand when he laid an unkind touch on me.

"One time, one set of scars. Serves me right." - Demon

Atalie
04-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Demons angel, hey! if he touched you he got what he deserved! I guess he knows now LOL I don't think I want to make you mad though LOL

Demon's Angel
04-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Demons angel, hey! if he touched you he got what he deserved! I guess he knows now LOL I don't think I want to make you mad though LOL

It's not neccesarrily something I'm proud about but he gets a kick out of telling his friends and prison buddies that I can kick their butt. Hehe. The question ALWAYS comes up about his scars and I guess it's a sign of a REAL man that he'll proudly say his lady did it to him when he tried to be a boob! Hah!

Here's to hard lessons.

Babygurl597
04-14-2006, 10:25 PM
My honey is a big guy he is 6'3 and i am 5'2. I am definantly not scared of him. I know we have had some huge arguments before but when he gets mad he leaves for a while and then comes back so we can talk. But like "WillsGirl" said if need be i will drop his a**. He got bad knees too. Thats all i need to know.

Bonnie_N_Clyde
04-15-2006, 02:40 AM
I think for me and Bo , we have had our share of good ones , and some got really violent, but i have never been afraid of him and at some points it drove him to prove he was the man, but he finally realized im tough as nails , and that i am mentally stronger than him, now we have a respectful relationship. Things were always rocky when he was using and drinking. Bad combination for him. He is clean now and reformed , thank god!! But i know what he has the potential to do, and in all honesty everyone has that same potential, some more than others. You never know what will happen when someone is all jacked up. I know that being sober he would never in a million hurt anyone, but jacked up like he would get, he didnt know what he was doing.You have to watch your warning signs carefully. You have to be strong and not be intimidated at any time.Dont be fooled and blinded by love, you have to be realistic and on your toes. I trust him sober, i do not trust him when he is using.He is my heart, i cant breathe without him, but if he ever starts drinking and using again i have already told him i would leave this state and he would never find me.Men go to extremes to keep whats theirs, and to even further extremes if they are all jacked up. I guess my entry is just a reality check. Good Luck to you all

Julianne924
04-15-2006, 04:26 AM
No, I could never be scared of my man. He really has a good heart, he just messed up because his mind wasn't right at the time.

va_baby_blues
04-15-2006, 06:57 AM
I'm not scared that he'd ever get violent with me cuz I've shown him many times that I'm an easy going person and he knows that discussing things with me like an adult goes alot further than arguing. I am a little nervous of what's gonna happen his first day out cuz he said that I"m gonna be his first meal so calmly that I don't know how much I'll be able to handle before going to the Er for dehydration lol.

MamaSheila
05-06-2006, 03:02 AM
Yeah, I get scared when he is pissed about something. He seems to not be able to control his emotions and flips out. I try not to act like I'm afraid though. I don't know if it helps or not.

Joe4Ever
05-16-2006, 10:03 AM
I can only imagine how awful it must be to be afraid of your husband or BF. I personally don't have that concern. My husband does have a temper but not towards me or the kids. In fact even his friends and family tell me that he is a totally diffrent man because of me and our love. He is a good and respectful man, as a boy he made some foolish mistakes. I don't want to sound stupid or corney , but the time he is doing has changed his entire outlook on life and the things he did in the past. I don't think at all that his past will come back to haunt us.

lost_in_canada
05-17-2006, 10:14 PM
i am not scared of my man , but on many occassions when he has been drinking .. He's frightened me a little .. sometimes then , i get scared and think sometimes he might ..but i know inside , he never will

mrs.battsiii
05-20-2006, 02:18 PM
not scared at all. i am the only one in his life who can ground him. we have this connection. when he was on the outside and we were dating... when he would get ready to fly off at some remark by someone, i could get him to chill and say his words and be done. i wasn't in his life for a brief time when he committed his crime, but i can say i never felt afraid of him. if anything i feel safe. he would never let anything happen to us. very protective. and a gentleman. wonder where all that rage came from all those years ago! i think rage was the only thing he knew. not the beauty of a loving, committed, trusting, safe, close and honest relationship. i never had that either, so we learned together. and were friends first for years. that helped.

chickletone
05-20-2006, 02:31 PM
not scared at all. i am the only one in his life who can ground him. we have this connection. when he was on the outside and we were dating... when he would get ready to fly off at some remark by someone, i could get him to chill and say his words and be done. i wasn't in his life for a brief time when he committed his crime, but i can say i never felt afraid of him. if anything i feel safe. he would never let anything happen to us. very protective. and a gentleman. wonder where all that rage came from all those years ago! i think rage was the only thing he knew. not the beauty of a loving, committed, trusting, safe, close and honest relationship. i never had that either, so we learned together. and were friends first for years. that helped.
Thank-you for sharing your story with us!! Yes I can understand what you're saying,and it makes sense.

OsHoney
05-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm not scared of him...however, he should be scared of me...sometimes I get a little crazy and transform on his a$$..
But all in all there are times when i get a little to crazy and when he raises his voice i know to just chill and back off...

MurphyGirl
05-25-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm not scared of him...however, he should be scared of me...sometimes I get a little crazy and transform on his a$$..
But all in all there are times when i get a little to crazy and when he raises his voice i know to just chill and back off...

Ditto that!!!! My husband never raises his voice at me but when his voice gets softer...well that the time I make a quick retreat!

qwerty
06-09-2006, 02:24 AM
Not scared, ever. His violence was all part of stupid gang stuff. I am never afraid to speak my mind with him and I never tiptoe around his feelings.

Whether it sinks in or does any good is another question... :rolleyes:

mrssunnyb
06-22-2006, 02:09 PM
I Am Not And Never Will Be Scared Of My Husband.

thunder04
06-28-2006, 07:03 PM
I am in no way afraid of mine. I know the man he is today and he is the most caring and loving man I have ever known.

rdw3840
07-21-2006, 11:04 PM
at first i was intimidated by hubby because hes a big man. when we met, i asked questions regarding abusing if he ever did it, what would he do if a women hits him etc. i am a survivor of dv and i refuse to be in that kind of relationship ever again. i will not be in fear with a man that i'm in love with. i set the record straight, if you ever raise your hand at me, be prepared to meet the wrath of renee. he thinks that i'm crazy as hell anyway so that helps.lol

neptune08
07-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I was always afraid of men, but not Don personally....some arguments we've gotten into were with raised voices, and that's enough to intimidate me....he understood my past and would chill out before I got too scared....I had some bad experiences with men (started with my dad) and they always yelled and made threats. So, the second I'd hear Don's voice raise a level, I'd freeze, flashbacks.
Don and I have worked on this together, he knows when I'm at my point of freaking out. As far as directly being scared of him possibly hurting me? Never a day in my life! Don's crime wasn't about hurting anyone. He had just come home from Iraq and over there, he slept with several weapons, it was always a life or death choice over there. He just never had a chance to reverse that thinking when he came home, the Army never took the time to help him. After his armed robbery, the Army really didn't care and threw him out. Don never was given a chance to get out of the war thinking and back into society thinking. Real sad how this country treats wonderful people!

neworleans85
07-27-2006, 03:52 PM
i'm not scared of him, especially not because of his violent offense. my bf's violent crime was stupid, not malicious. i know he never did & never intended to hurt anyone.

rdw3840
08-07-2006, 11:07 PM
At first I was. I told him that he needs to be scared of my gemini self. He knows that I have two sides to me. lol

JLdancerswoman
08-31-2006, 04:40 AM
I have no reason to be scared of him though he was convicted for murder. He would do each and everything for his family and I see it especially when anniversaries or Birthdays come around. He is a good person although he made the biggest mistake of all - yet I know he will stay that way and will never ever do that what he did. So i can honestly say I am not scared of him......though we have a cookbet on when he comes home. The looser is facing 2 weeks of sexslavery.....I better outcook him LOL

D's Wifey To Be
09-10-2006, 02:12 PM
My man is a violent offender, but he's never hurt me or even came close to it. I don't fear him at all but I do know certain buttons not to push. He just sent me a letter a couple days ago talking about how he went off on these guys he's locked up with and told them how wrong they were for thinking that beating on their girlfriends was cool. And for talking about how they just use white girls (they're black by the way and my b/f is too and I'm white). He said that really pissed him off! lol...He told them he would never do that to me and that he treated me like a queen and that's why I'm still with him b/c he treated me right when he was out here. He told them that's why their girls jumped out the car was b/c they treated them like s***. He said at the end of his spill they were like dang you're right, I never thought about it like that. So hopefully he changed their minds. ;) To me he's such a sweetheart.

ANEESA
09-12-2006, 06:30 AM
I am not scared of him but I do know when enough is enough. I do know how far to take him. And he also know thw same about me.

unopened_book
12-06-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm not scared of him at all. He is this huge guy, He intimidates everybody by his size and his crime but when he is with me he is this mussie loverboi, even the co has called him that lol He is so sweet and gentle with me.
so yeah I know I have nothing to fear.

ęPattie
12-19-2006, 12:42 AM
There is no way he would ever hurt me, the first time I looked into his eyes I saw the love shining there. Now some of those fellas in his block might have to step to the side but me...never!

KarrieMI
12-19-2006, 01:55 AM
I use to be intimidated by Chuy not by his offense!
But he was intimidating long before he ever went to
prison and now that he's been in prison I'm not that way or feel
that way about him and doubt that I'll feel that way
when he comes home!

KarrieMI

J.R.'s Annie
12-19-2006, 04:59 PM
I'd be terrified if my husband's son ever makes parole. He told his father in detail of the events and parole plans had to be changed so that he can't parole to our home. He was incarcerated 15 years before he "remembered" what happened! Until then, he denied everything.

msdenagall
03-01-2007, 07:06 PM
i hear ya...my man is a repetitive VO bu to me he is a big ass teddy bear!!!

Jillian
03-01-2007, 07:15 PM
i hear ya...my man is a repetitive VO bu to me he is a big ass teddy bear!!!
That is the thing, many just look at it like , oh he was violent at such and such point so he cant be civilize in a relationship. Many believe that just because someone is a violent offender that they are violent in all parts of their lives .

MJG'S_B
03-03-2007, 01:14 AM
I've never been scared of him...He tells me he's afraid of ME!! :D

mia_101
03-03-2007, 01:51 AM
My pen-pal is considered a VO for gang affiliation.....I don't exactly know what, if any, violent acts he's actually done. So far I am not scared of him.

cathy100
03-03-2007, 04:30 AM
He has a violent past, but no i'm not afaid of him, hes a pussy cat, in fact i think hes more afraid of me

Jillian
03-05-2007, 11:14 AM
He has a violent past, but no i'm not afaid of him, hes a pussy cat, in fact i think hes more afraid of me

that is how alot of us see them, someone who is gentle and loving , not a violent person

mia_101
03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Hell, I was roommates with a VO. He thought *I* was violent because I pushed him once (he is 6'4", over 200lbs, I didn't think he'd even feel it) and threw something at him another time (paper). He would leave until I cooled down. I didn't even believe him when he told me what he served time for.

People don't understand that we are all capable of violence under certain circumstances, and those circumstances will be different for everyone.

iwantmybabyhome
03-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I am not scared of my baby! He's a teddy bear! He looks like he could be mean AS HELL though!!! Especially in his "mug shot" lmao!!! But GOD he turns me on... he even told me he couldnt be mean around me if he had to!!! He has threatened a few guys because of me though but never around me he waited till he got back to the quad...thats one reason why his ass is under investigation now...BUT I LOVE MY BIG ASS TEDDY BEAR!!! I'm attaching his pic tell me what yall think?!?!?

QUEENDRURY
03-10-2007, 03:44 PM
no im not afraid of JAMIE.i about the situatyion he is in but i dont know the exact charges.still he doesnt frighten me.maybe its b/c we were together for 5 yrs before he went in.

2nice
03-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Im not scared of him one little bit. He may have committed a 'violent crime', but he has no past history of being violent with any of the women that he has been with. He isnt even aggressive with me either. Im the aggressive one!

Jillian
03-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Im not scared of him one little bit. He may have committed a 'violent crime', but he has no past history of being violent with any of the women that he has been with. He isnt even aggressive with me either. Im the aggressive one!

lol, arent most of us women the aggressive ones :D .. I think it depends on what they were charged and the circumstances that lead up to it for me to be afraid of something . Cause in many cases if the circumstances were different many wouldnt be where they are now

QUEENDRURY
03-15-2007, 03:35 PM
i just reread this post and i have to say that although JAMIE and i fought on most full moons-crack has a way of expanding on those nights-i am not scared of him.he has whipped my azz and i have whipped his too.the last time we fought it was some smoke in the city!seriously,i do know when to bac off- which i usually dont.

insomniac7905
03-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Having 3 small kids I've asked myself this a few times and each time come to the same answer. No..I don't think he would ever hurt me even thought he is considered "violent" due to murdering 2 people. It sounds real bad ..I don't disagree but given the whole situation of what happened..it could've happened to anyone. Aside from that..before his crime he was an "average joe" (sorry lack of a better term to describe) He had no criminal record or history and while he's been in he's been good and "just doing his bid". Only time I think I could be afraid is all relevent and pertaining to "baggage" I have from a previous domestic violence relationship not from him nor his crime.

sonik
04-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Nope im not scared of my guy even though hes a vo hes just too gorgeous. But with that said i wouldnt want to be someone who hurts his girl or his kids :)

Jillian
04-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Nope im not scared of my guy even though hes a vo hes just too gorgeous. But with that said i wouldnt want to be someone who hurts his girl or his kids :)

That is understandable

GreenStripes
04-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Although he is considered "violent" he certainly isn't by me. To me he's the most peaceful and loving person I've ever known. It makes me wonder, knowing who he is and how he is, if people would consider me "violent" too. Hmm..

MurphyGirl
04-10-2007, 09:59 AM
My hubby has never laid a hand on me. He accidently poked me in the eye once and he felt so bad he treated me like a queen for the rest of the day!

Jillian
04-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Although he is considered "violent" he certainly isn't by me. To me he's the most peaceful and loving person I've ever known. It makes me wonder, knowing who he is and how he is, if people would consider me "violent" too. Hmm..

I dont think ppl wouldnt consider you violent cause of who you loved but they would certainly judge you cause of you choice to love a violent offender

Jayjade
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
not at all. he would not hurt a fly.

carla-annh
04-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I often read on here women who are scared. I am so in love with one of what Cali has called often a violent animal and I'm not scared a bit. I know without a doubt Paul would never hurt me.

Jillian
04-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I often read on here women who are scared. I am so in love with one of what Cali has called often a violent animal and I'm not scared a bit. I know without a doubt Paul would never hurt me.
And your lack of doubt is what matters cause it means you in your heart knows he is not this person everyone is making himout to be

Lette
04-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I was in a violent relationship before I fell in love with my man, so I know all the signs. My man got his "Violent Offender" status because he resisted arrest, and in the process, one cop tripped another cop. He is the most gentle man I have ever been with. I've hit him plenty of times and he has not even in instinct reacted negative towards me.

Jillian
04-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I was in a violent relationship before I fell in love with my man, so I know all the signs. My man got his "Violent Offender" status because he resisted arrest, and in the process, one cop tripped another cop. He is the most gentle man I have ever been with. I've hit him plenty of times and he has not even in instinct reacted negative towards me. Its always good to know our loved ones and how they act in different situations

2nmb2think
04-17-2007, 07:03 PM
My friend is also classified as a violent offender, but I had him angry at me more than a few times, was in his face and never felt intimidated by him. Most other people are because he's 6'6" and weighs 250# of solid muscle.

redhaired_dolly
06-17-2007, 05:23 PM
This is an old post but I had to comment because people have been asking me this since I met him. Not once ever in my life have I felt anything less than safe with my guy. He'd never harm me and I know he'd take a bullet for me.

HisWifey7707
06-20-2007, 02:37 PM
My fiance is a BIG guy...and scary looking with tattoos EVERYWHERE, on his face, his head, he's covered! But he would NEVER hurt me, and I know that for a fact! I would never be scared of him!! :heart:

Caress11
07-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I am twice-divorced from abusive husbands. The man I love was classified as a "worst offender", but he's the only man I have ever felt loved and respected by! I read the transcripts from his past, but he is NOTHING like that now! They may as well have been about a different person. He wasn't happy that I read them, and confronted me about it in his last letter, but I know I could never be afraid of him!

MurphyGirl
07-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I don't understand why the inmates get so upset when we want to know the full truth about why they are in prison. Sure we should ask them first....get their side of the story, but what do they expect? that we should just hand over our hearts without the benefit of knowing what we are getting into?

ann

Frankie68
07-15-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm not afraid of my man,even if he does tower over me ( he's 6'3 and I'm 5'6) He is the kindest, gentlest man I know I call him my big chocolate teddy bear :) The only thing that scares me is the fact that he has been in and out since 92 and all he talks about is how he's going to love me when he gets home......I think I better start doing some stretching and bending excercises cus he wants to try ever position imaginable :)

donutandpickle
07-19-2007, 04:34 PM
No way. If I ever felt scared of him I think it would be time to re-consider the relationship. I want a man that makes me feel safe not scared and that is what I got. :)

Jillian
07-19-2007, 04:37 PM
No way. If I ever felt scared of him I think it would be time to re-consider the relationship. I want a man that makes me feel safe not scared and that is what I got. :)

very well said, there is no point in being with someone who you can't trust to keep you safe, or not to put you in a position where you felt scared of something he may or may not do

Dalton Wayne
08-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Yes because of what he has done if my cousin ever gets out and for some reason showed up at my door he would have a gun under his nose and be told to run or die the decision is his to make

PBslilsister
08-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Yep, I'm scared. My brother murdered his best friend during a psychotic break. What if it happens again when he get's out??? I love him but to be honest I'd have to admit some fear.

Jillian
08-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Yep, I'm scared. My brother murdered his best friend during a psychotic break. What if it happens again when he get's out??? I love him but to be honest I'd have to admit some fear.

Was he on any medication when he had this break down? Is it possible to get him help to prevent this from happening again

rdw3840
08-17-2007, 12:39 AM
If I have to be scared of him then I don't need to be w/him.

unopened_book
08-17-2007, 03:17 PM
scared, i would have to say no but i do catch delusions sometimes. In june we had our first conjugal visit and laying there with my back away from him, I thought OMG what if he tries to kill me LOL..he is in prision, A MAXimum PRISION for MURDER!!!.. I am not scared but sometimes i think girl what did you get yourself into. My mother said I have a death wish for marring my husband and that sticks in my head. But me and my husband are so close and tight, we are best friends...but people can flip at any time, like the lady previously said her brother killed his best friend, things happen... I love him and what can I do? I can't just stop loving him due to stupid delusions in my head? Its just that fact right there, he did commit murder and its a fact, funny thing about love, it blinds us all and you'd be a fool to deny it.

Jillian
09-04-2007, 06:57 AM
scared, i would have to say no but i do catch delusions sometimes. In june we had our first conjugal visit and laying there with my back away from him, I thought OMG what if he tries to kill me LOL..he is in prision, A MAXimum PRISION for MURDER!!!.. I am not scared but sometimes i think girl what did you get yourself into. My mother said I have a death wish for marring my husband and that sticks in my head. But me and my husband are so close and tight, we are best friends...but people can flip at any time, like the lady previously said her brother killed his best friend, things happen... I love him and what can I do? I can't just stop loving him due to stupid delusions in my head? Its just that fact right there, he did commit murder and its a fact, funny thing about love, it blinds us all and you'd be a fool to deny it.

Its normal for you to have these thoughts every now and again especially when you have someone who is constantly putting these negative thoughts in your head. Its not that you don't trust or love him, its just your way of thinking ok if this happens, i will have to do such and such. those delusions will go away, just push what your mother is saying out of your head and if she keeps trying to talk too you about it , then let her know that you don't want to hear it

shadowsavesme
09-07-2007, 12:35 AM
to be honest, I dont know. All of his violence has occurred when intoxicated, and usually in a blackout state. In his life there have been 3 offenses, and all 3 got him time....we did not get together until after he was in this round, though we were friends while he was out before. I am worried about him getting drunk, because thats where the problems always begin. He does claim to want to be sober and to be done experimenting.. but who knows. yes, there is a tiny bit of fear there. I still love him. love wins.

jaelsangel
09-09-2007, 09:40 PM
I am not scared my baby has done some crazy stuff...but i am not scared i feel safe.....i dunno

TEELOKSWIFEY
09-11-2007, 04:21 PM
nope i aint scared of him hello hes the loved of my life no because he made poor decision that makes him a bad guy !!

Iuse2bhere
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
He knows that I am just as crazy as he is! So I don't think he'd ever try but as far as actually being scared; NO!

ashleynichole
10-05-2007, 08:55 PM
How I know Luis is a long, complicated story and it's been a rocky 3 years for both of us, together and apart. But, we are getting closer now than we ever were when we were "together." In the past I was abused by my ex-fiance so eventually it got to the point where I'm not really physically afraid of anyone. Towards the end of the time Luis and I were involved in our outrageous on and off relationship, I was scared of the emotional angst he caused me, and I was afraid of the things he said to me (name calling, etc...), but even though he threatened me a couple times, I wasn't afraid of him physically. I usually chose not to instigate anything that would trigger physical violence, knowing that he did have some issues with that. After I walked away from him and we spent 2 years with no contact at all, we recently came back into each others lives. But this has been since he has been in county jail awaiting sentencing. So at this point, even though he has been in trouble for hurting other people, most recently his wife, whom he's not with anymore, I am still not scared of him physically. Especially since I know that he's a different person than he was then. He's not using drugs and alcohol and he knows that this prison sentence is his last chance to get things right. Sometimes, because of our past, I get afraid of the havoc he has the ability to wreak on my emotions. But he's been nothing but wonderful to me in the past few weeks, so I think it's more of an issue I need to fix within myself.

fluffymedimples
10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Everyone scared of my man it seems like, Im not thou he is 6'3 240 im only 5'0 112 but im strong and i will take him on any time but we have love and I know he will never hurt me

BabygirlNGary
10-06-2007, 02:59 AM
I am one of few who IS NOT scared of him!!

hvnsSassyAngel
10-20-2007, 05:20 AM
I am not afraid of my man in the sense of physical danger, not at all. I will say that he does give me a bit of fear when he's hot for sex & stuff like that, he's a freak in bed. But a romeo lover at the same time. oh sorry I guess I got off track........

Now if you're saying will he take sh*t from someone? He has calmed down quite a bit from his younger days & he will always try to talk things out with a guy first but if that don't work or if the guy is plain out of line?? Then yeah I'd be afraid of him if I were that guy, cuz he is some force to deal with if you cross him wrong. But for the most part he treats people as they deserve to be treated. (i.e., if they're respectful, they will get the utmost respect back from him) He is a very respectable man.

But naw I'm not the slightest bit afraid that he will do something physically violent to me.

HeidiJo75
10-23-2007, 05:13 AM
No I'm not afraid of him.....but he is a dangerous man.

hopeful64
11-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Not at all. I need to be aware of what he is capable of when he gets frustrated or angry. No reflection on me.

roknows
11-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Not afraid at all. My husband si one of the most grounded people I know. I, on the otherhand, can fly off the handle in a heart beat!

meeganv
12-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I am not afraid of him at all. Ironic thing is, he literally will not hurt a fly. Has he hurt people? Sure. Obviously, I guess. But in the past 7 years it has been stricktly due to prison politics. He keeps to himself, rarely looses his temper, and most importantly I guess...he would never, ever, hurt me. This much I know, and I've known him for 16 years so I feel pretty secure in that knowledge.

ILoveMyPooka
01-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Im definitely not scared of mine. I wouldn't be with someone who I am afraid of because that wouldn't be a real relationship. I say that because how could you be open, honest, and express yourself about anything and everything if you are afraid?

Hope 4 All
01-16-2008, 10:04 PM
to be honest, I dont know. All of his violence has occurred when intoxicated, and usually in a blackout state. In his life there have been 3 offenses, and all 3 got him time....we did not get together until after he was in this round, though we were friends while he was out before. I am worried about him getting drunk, because thats where the problems always begin. He does claim to want to be sober and to be done experimenting.. but who knows. yes, there is a tiny bit of fear there. I still love him. love wins.

To be honest I'm in the same boat as you. The drinking and volience. However, my partner's offensive have always been on his ex's. But what confuses me is before he went away we got into a very heated and scary incedent while he was drinking, were it ended up me choking him and having him escorted from my home. The funny thing I guess what makes me not to affraid of him is during that incident, he never layed a hand on me, and I must say I'm a itty bitty thing compared to him. However, during his stay he did send me detailed recorded information of things he has done in the past. I'm conflicted. I love him, but I am affraid of what could happen. I guess the only thing that keeps me holding on is we agreed that he would get constant counseling, so far he has been living up to it. I hope I'm not living in a fool's paradise

slickstersgirl
01-22-2008, 08:45 PM
not at alll..he is so sweet with me

Rox73
01-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Nope! He's the sweetest, most gentle and loving man I have ever known :)

1roughblondie
01-31-2008, 10:58 PM
No I think he is scared of me though Ha Ha

Afton
02-03-2008, 01:41 AM
He's nearly a foot taller than me and can toss me around like nothing. BUT I've never been afraid of him.

jalove
02-13-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm not scared at all

SaNdiA
02-13-2008, 10:50 PM
im never scared!! lol

Luv0fHisLife
03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
No, I'm not scarred of my husband. He is scarred of me... :D :) :p No but seriously. I know he wouldn't hurt me.

dmdeubel
03-06-2008, 02:19 PM
This made me smile....my baby is prolly 140lbs soaking wet, and would never raise his hand to me. take a look at the avatar thingy.....does that look like a "violent offender"?

Halima Harmon
03-06-2008, 02:33 PM
No, Im not afraid of my man, I know he loves me.... His crime was VERY violent, But that was MANY years ago and he's a different person, loving in every sence.. He stopped using and says its because he made that promise to the person he murdered...His crime was against a woman which at first did scare me, But the man he is now would defend ANY woman he saw being abused..another promise he made to her in his prayers.He says he lives that nightmare every day of his life. He was VERY young, influenced, and using at the time. when he first went in, he said he was still hot tempered and spent alot of time in lock up for his violent temper..that was 13 years ago, since he has been on a honor dorm and is looked up to by many, fellow offenders and officers. I think if anyone ever hurt me or any part of his family tho.. I might have to worry about his temper arising again.

yaya'sbaby
03-06-2008, 05:47 PM
No....Not an ounce of fear here!

missinghim23
03-06-2008, 06:07 PM
no not at all .. he tells me i scare him when i snapp lol.. he would never hurt a women he hate men who talk down to women and put there hands on them .. he actually fought his friend for hittin his girl # 1 in public # 2 in front of him..

DOCSux1
03-09-2008, 10:10 AM
My guy is big and as solid as a rock and he's not someone who you will take his family being hurt, but he would never hurt me. He doesn't even have a violent attitude. He's very intimidating looking and many years ago committed a "violent" crime, but he never hurt anyone. As I've said before you can commit a violent crime, but that doesnt make you a violent person.

So to answer the question NO, I'm not scared of him, but if anyone would hurt me then they should be

Mine actually didnt commit the crime he was convicted of. He was dubbed the "Getaway Driver" although unknowingly and got a way worse sentence than the guy who did it. He has been convicted of Robbery which in our state is a "Crime of Violence" when he doesnt have a violent bone in his body.

So am I scared? No. This is a man who when he was home, laid on the floor, played with the cats, kissed them, and was extremely gentle...He is not violent in the least...although some say he has an intimidating look..To me he is a Teddy Bear...

fwhite02
03-28-2008, 05:56 PM
NO, my husband has to be a certain way in there but he is great with me. Before he went in i knew he had anger issues but he always seemed to call me when he did and i would go to him and it made things better for him. We lived togther a couple of months before he went in he was great with our son , it was just he felt like he something was wrong with him cause his mom told him that it was, and when he first went to prison we had to start our relationship all over again cause he wouldn't let me in, now he knows that there is nothing wrong with him he changed and grew to be a great guy.

Astarflyr
04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
This is one interesting thread............

You know the women who have been killed by their psycho violent husbands are not giving their opinions here. All the time I spent as a lawyer showed me a lot of different sides of a lot of people..........

All I can tell you, is if you feel threatened, get out. If he hits you, he isn't going to stop. Don't stay for the sake of the kids.

Today is the four year anniversary of the death of one of my former clients who moved back in with her husband. He killed her 3 days later.

Use your good sense.

Best wishes all.........

Mark H

azgoodgirl4u
04-15-2008, 10:40 PM
HA, we have gotten into a few heated debates, I am a foot shorter and about 50 lbs lighter then him and I will stand toe to toe and not back down.... after a few mins he just laughs and stands down.... always tells me the main reason he loves me is cause I am the only person in the world ballsy enough to tell him when he is being stupid. But am I scared hell no, he may look big and bad and walk around huffing and puffing but he is the biggest teddy bear you could imagine, besides if he ever even thought about it (which he wouldnt) I am smaller haha I can move faster! :P

sadgirlnsnaps
06-20-2008, 02:13 PM
My Husband Use To Fight All The Time With He's Ex And Get Down But She Would Cheat On Him And Fuck Up All His Shit He Saids He Will Never Lay Hands On Me And I Believe Him Because I Know What Makes Him Mad And We Get Along Just Fine If He Ever Did Hit Me That's It That Fool Is Gone I Tell Him All The Time That I Will Walk Away The Day He Lays Hands On Me

QPunky7408
07-12-2008, 12:03 PM
I Am The One To Fear. Our Last (and First) Visit We Had This Discussion That In An Argument I Hit Him Once... I Told Him He Is Lucky It Was Only Once And I Am Sure He Deserved It....haha! Although He Is Violent Offender Many Times Over He Has Never Been Violent Torwards Me. He Knows To Walk Away And Cool Down. He Being 6 Ft 2 And Me Being 4 Ft 11 I Dont Think My Hit Even Moved Him Although He Says It Did (gooo Jesss) Hopefully This Time Around There Will Be No More Of That Crap From Either Of Us We Are Both Adults Now 33 And 30.

Brida
11-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Im not scared of the man i love. I could die in his arms knowing i'd made it to where i should be. But he only gets non contact visits for the safety of the visitor?! I want him to touch me!

Brent's Babe
11-30-2008, 02:46 PM
no he would never hurt me and I'm not scared of him. if I didn't feel safe around him I wouldn't be with him

Jillian
11-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Im not scared of the man i love. I could die in his arms knowing i'd made it to where i should be. But he only gets non contact visits for the safety of the visitor?! I want him to touch me!
Is this for the whole time he will be locked up/.

Brida
11-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Is this for the whole time he will be locked up/.

Yes :(

Budgie
12-01-2008, 09:06 AM
if i was afraid of my guy i wouldnt have let him that close... i m afraif of many things cause of my past but i m definitely not scared of him. i believe that he d never hurt me, he d rather protect me from pain and actually i believe that he s changed and he wouldnt hurt others anymore.

kendra425
12-04-2008, 03:27 AM
Not scared here either!! My man is strong (with a temper) but he has never lost his temper with me, not even a little bit. He is so tender and sweet.