View Full Version : Does Anyone Have Someone In Snyder Tx-Daniels Prison unit Texas

jennifere
03-01-2005, 03:45 AM
:) HELLO I WAS SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS WEB SIGHT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WAS WANTING TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY PLACES THAT I CAN GET FREE MAG.'S FOR MY BROTHER. ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY INFO ON DANIEL UNIT IN SNYDER TX, AND IF ANYONE ELSE HAS SOMEONE THERE? PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK YOU SO MUCH

JENNIFER:)

DLM
03-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Hi Jennifer and welcome to PTO -you will find lots of information and support here! For info. about free mags. there are some threads in the Discounts and Frugality forum (located under Break Time at the bottom of the page). I am moving your post to Texas as some of the members there might be able to help you with the other info you need.

jessesgirl4ever
03-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi and welcome, Jennifer. My sweetie is at Daniel Unit in Snyder. Let me know what info you want to know. He has been there 1 year now.

Lil shy shy
03-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Welcome to PTO Jennifer!!!!!!!!!! Just wanted to say HI!!!!

jennifere
03-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Hello everyone I LOVE THIS WEB SIGHT..... well I was wanting to know is this prison a bad place i'm so worried about him..and also what can I do for his support???How can I find him some pen pals I know he needs lot's of letters to get him through this ruff time in his life please help....... jennifer

DLM
03-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Jennifer- Check out the PenPal Forum for info. Also come back to the Siblings Forum and read some of the posts there about ways of providing the support your brother needs right now :)

Retired-18
03-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Hi Jennifer and welcome to PTO! Glad you found us!

gigi v
03-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi Jennifer And Welcome To Pto. My Hubby Was At Snyder For 2 1/2 Years. Daniel Unit Is Considered To Be One Of The Best Texas Prisons To Be In. It Is Where They Send Law Enforcement, Judges ,attorneys, When They Go Bad. There Is Little To No Violence There. If A Person Gets Into A FIGHT They Are Moved From That Unit As Soon As Possible. The Visitation Was Real Nice The Guards Were Nice To My Family And I Went There Once A Month . It Is Not A Cake Walk . They Are Very Strict About Going By The Rules . Hope This Helps. :)

Perry33103
03-03-2005, 08:27 PM
My husband was at the Daniel unit for 4 years. He really liked it there too.

jessesgirl4ever
03-03-2005, 08:38 PM
My husband complains about the church services. He says that the first time he went, there were guys holding hands, so he quit going! Other than that it is a good unit. He had a hard time adjusting at first because he was at a private prison before. ( Diboll) they call that the country club!! There are 2 things I cannot stand about daniel.. it is too far and the mail room. It has got to be the SLOWEST mail room in Texas. I am still waiting for my Valentine's card!!

jennifere
03-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Thank ya'll so much for the info. I finally got to go see him on sat. It was a 3-4hour drive I live in Amarillo it was a long drive.... But he's worth the drive...Thank you....Jennifer

GoodBI_girl
02-21-2010, 07:46 AM
My husband complains about the church services. He says that the first time he went, there were guys holding hands, so he quit going! Other than that it is a good unit. He had a hard time adjusting at first because he was at a private prison before. ( Diboll) they call that the country club!! There are 2 things I cannot stand about daniel.. it is too far and the mail room. It has got to be the SLOWEST mail room in Texas. I am still waiting for my Valentine's card!!

Sorry about your mail.:( My VD letter was written on Sunday(14) and postmarked Abilene the 17th and recieved here in on Friday the 19th.

I heard some odd things about church also, he now avoids going to avoid problems there. That is a sad thing that church is not a comfort but a potential problem zone:o.

deerwoman
02-22-2010, 03:54 PM
My son hasn't mentioned anything about the church. I know he does the "Circle."

Succ33d
02-22-2010, 04:42 PM
I have someone there are well, and he says it is so laid back. He likes it there. It's the best prison he's been in.

cmcdonald1985
10-27-2010, 05:24 PM
my man is in the daniel unit. he gets paroled in 2038. He said it is the best unit he has been in. The reviews from the unit have all be wonderful.

smallngood
10-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Not standing up for th email situaiton, but truth- -that area of people do every single thing SLOW- -trust me.
The inmates holding hands there- -lots of gays, but they keep most of them seperate - -well, living unit is kind of seperate, put it that way.
It is a small unit for safe keeping of a lot of guys- -like thier uncle is a judge, brother a cop, or is gang related in a high rank, stuff like that- -so it is very laid back- -but, if one causes problems- -off he goes, they do not put up with problems like other units do- -best be on GOOD behavior, or you will be sent- -quick. They have more "snitches" than most units- -that will get on a guy's nerves, but if one isn't doing anything wrong, shouldn't bother them.
Be safe.

C.Ricks'sLadii
11-07-2010, 04:16 PM
My boyfriend hates Daniel Unit..Which Idk y..I guess he used to a more fast paced/drama filled place, but he needs to understand if he wanna get out he gotta stay on good behavior, im tryna get that thru his head. my man is in the daniel unit. he gets paroled in 2038. He said it is the best unit he has been in. The reviews from the unit have all be wonderful.

GoodBI_girl
11-11-2010, 08:45 AM
My boyfriend hates Daniel Unit..Which Idk y..I guess he used to a more fast paced/drama filled place, but he needs to understand if he wanna get out he gotta stay on good behavior, im tryna get that thru his head.

I know that feeling, if you can't use where you are to change you will be back as Arnold (Terminator) says. My guy likes it, peaceful at least, he's had enough drama or at least I have!:)

GoodBI_girl
11-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Not standing up for th email situaiton, but truth- -that area of people do every single thing SLOW- -trust me.
The inmates holding hands there- -lots of gays, but they keep most of them seperate - -well, living unit is kind of seperate, put it that way.
It is a small unit for safe keeping of a lot of guys- -like thier uncle is a judge, brother a cop, or is gang related in a high rank, stuff like that- -so it is very laid back- -but, if one causes problems- -off he goes, they do not put up with problems like other units do- -best be on GOOD behavior, or you will be sent- -quick. They have more "snitches" than most units- -that will get on a guy's nerves, but if one isn't doing anything wrong, shouldn't bother them.
Be safe.

I got that "snitches/whiners" letter yesterday, on how they have some of the more pretentious guards/COs there that like to give a "green" card. His typewriter broken and I am struggling with his handwriting!

Snitch overload????

Is that because of the clientele? I think he was saying something about the someone, like I said 6 pages of handwritten chicken scratches. I may have to write the letter out and try to reread it.:(

C.Ricks'sLadii
11-15-2010, 12:04 AM
He told me its jus to much " gay activity" goin on over there...thats why he really doesnt like the unit, and the fact that he's super far from me..and civilization!..Lol.
I know that feeling, if you can't use where you are to change you will be back as Arnold (Terminator) says. My guy likes it, peaceful at least, he's had enough drama or at least I have!:)

deerwoman
11-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Greetings to all,

I went to see my son over the weekend. I really enjoyed talking with him and being able to kiss him on the forehead, as he is about 1 mile taller than me.
He ate something that didn't agree with him Saturday nite and he didn't sleep much so I didn't use all my 4 hour visitation on Sunday. I told him to go to bed and rest, since we had a long drive home anyway.
He complained about one guard and one of the women in the visiting area that was kind of arrogant.
It was cold over the weekend but he didn't complain about it. He never says any thing about gays or anybody that tries to jump. I'm sure he can take care of himself but I don't want him fighting. I want him to come home soon and fighting wouldn't help his record. I saw lot of families visiting and some with children.
Sometimes the machines didn't work and they ran out of some of the drinks but it was still a wonderful visit.
The hospitality house was warm with nice people and good food!!!

deerwoman
11-15-2010, 09:40 AM
I forgot to mention that the unit is going on lockdown starting either today or tomorrow. My son said peanut butter sandwiches only---again.
He said they found some weapons in the unit.

GoodBI_girl
11-15-2010, 07:42 PM
He told me its jus to much " gay activity" goin on over there...thats why he really doesnt like the unit, and the fact that he's super far from me..and civilization!..Lol.

I never got that til lately, it's a safekeeping unit and who are the people in need? Gay and trans people so the population is probaby heavy on both. He's got 6 months so hopefully he can stay peaceful and get out soon.

GoodBI_girl
11-15-2010, 07:44 PM
I forgot to mention that the unit is going on lockdown starting either today or tomorrow. My son said peanut butter sandwiches only---again.
He said they found some weapons in the unit.

It will be nothing but PB, white bread and whatever is left in "storage" then, he has lost weight and is not feeling well most of the tiime.

I sent some pictures of homemade chicken/veg soup, the bowl was steaming in the picture and he was sooo happy to get that. Just a reminder of home, I never knew how little things can cheer them up so.:(

C.Ricks'sLadii
11-28-2010, 05:18 PM
So they're currently on lockdown?...Wow do yall kno for how long if this is true?

deerwoman
12-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Greetings,

I received a letter from my son yesterday and from what he said they haven't gone on lockdown yet. He stated that if there was no lockdown he would have an opportunity to go to the store and stock up on other foods.
That's all I know.

GoodBI_girl
12-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Greetings,

I received a letter from my son yesterday and from what he said they haven't gone on lockdown yet. He stated that if there was no lockdown he would have an opportunity to go to the store and stock up on other foods.
That's all I know.

I heard there was a cell fire? Anyone think/hear about it? I hope the food holds out too, I think he's getting sick from the lack of decent protein, all that whey and tuna can't be good.:(

deerwoman
12-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Gingertrail,

Oh I hope the fire didn't hurt anybody.
While I was there, my son had a tummy ache. I thought it was from eating pizzas and burgers from the machine, but he said he ate what is supposed to be meat loaf and it made him sick. He said he didn't sleep well so we left early on Sun. morning and told him to rest.

vtrevino40
12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I have a son in the Daniel Unit, in fact I am here in SNyder right now. We try to come at least every 3 months. What information are you needing about that? Let me know.

GoodBI_girl
12-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Gingertrail,

Oh I hope the fire didn't hurt anybody.
While I was there, my son had a tummy ache. I thought it was from eating pizzas and burgers from the machine, but he said he ate what is supposed to be meat loaf and it made him sick. He said he didn't sleep well so we left early on Sun. morning and told him to rest.

He said it was self-started and he THOUGHT the guy would be seriously hurt and yet was pulled out and in good shape. I am glad it's only 5 more months now!!!

I will say he's had some problems from the food, more of a "have to eat commissary and spring water" problem. The docs are not sure, he's not sure and I am on it from the outside but that constant PB, tuna and whey protein is not good for the kidneys, at least not his. I'd hate for him to go from prison to dialysis!!!:mad:

The lack of fresh food and water is getting me worried.:( I am getting a Christmas picture ready to send, that is what he wanted. Just homesick for a tree to cheer up the room.

One With HIM
01-04-2011, 06:36 PM
:) HELLO I WAS SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS WEB SIGHT I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WAS WANTING TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY PLACES THAT I CAN GET FREE MAG.'S FOR MY BROTHER. ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY INFO ON DANIEL UNIT IN SNYDER TX, AND IF ANYONE ELSE HAS SOMEONE THERE? PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK YOU SO MUCH JENNIFER:)

Hi, my husband has been there for about a year now, i looked up free mags. online and all i could find were for contractors. If you have a computer you can look up info on daniel unit, depends on what kind of info you're looking for. :)